Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Imaginesim KATL for P3Dv6 -- released

On 11/7/2023 at 2:32 AM, newtie said:

Also lack of AI. Don't know if AIG has a V6 version as I'm primarily on 5.4 with occasional forrays into V6 just to stay abreast.

Kai and team over at AIG have been working on v6 compatibility. It basically works and some people are using it with v6.More here: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=42249.15

Note: There was a significant update to AIG OCI I see fairly recently (v1.2.0.x). The UI looks much improved and updates easier to perform.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 11/4/2023 at 8:13 PM, Patco Lch said:

Install it into an external file such as Prepar3DV5 addons folder and P3DV6 will see it automatically upon start up. Then you can add it manually into P3DV5.4 scenery library or better yet use the Lorby P3D addon manager. Then you have the new KATL in both sims. 

This is nonsense to use the v6 scenery on v5 . The v5 installer has the exact same version of the scenery. So there is no gain using the v6 scenery in v5. There is only a chance risking problems with different requirements in v6 which v5 can't handle, e.g. altitude differences like were from v4 to v5.

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

8 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

This is nonsense to use the v6 scenery on v5 . The v5 installer has the exact same version of the scenery. So there is no gain using the v6 scenery in v5. There is only a chance risking problems with different requirements in v6 which v5 can't handle, e.g. altitude differences like were from v4 to v5.

Working  butter smooth for me in V5 and IMO is a more pleasing rendition. If you have the KATL version 5 it’s free  so why not. Try it, you’ll like it.

Vic green

12 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Working  butter smooth for me in V5 and IMO is a more pleasing rendition. If you have the KATL version 5 it’s free  so why not. Try it, you’ll like it.

I tried and saw, it is the same version number. The v5 version also has pbr, dynamic lights etc. There should not be any difference. It is possible upon installing new to select different options and then getting the impression, it has changed. For me trying this I came to the conclusion it's the same as before. Imaginesim may have altered it a bit for specific needs of v6 but they did not improve it, if it remains on the same version number. Maybe they only changed the installer to sell it to new customers using v6.

Edited by blaunarwal

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

1 hour ago, blaunarwal said:

I tried and saw, it is the same version number. The v5 version also has pbr, dynamic lights etc. There should not be any difference. It is possible upon installing new to select different options and then getting the impression, it has changed. For me trying this I came to the conclusion it's the same as before. Imaginesim may have altered it a bit for specific needs of v6 but they did not improve it, if it remains on the same version number. Maybe they only changed the installer to sell it to new customers using v6.

If you say so boss. Just hoping to be helpful. No desire to deceive or upset anyone. Regardless the world goes on.

Vic green

On 11/3/2023 at 1:08 PM, Wise87 said:

Available right now at www.imaginesim.com, including details of how existing KATL P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 customers can get their free copy until 03 December.

Where are these details?

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where are these details?

It's difficult to find. Go into the webshop, select Prepar3D v6 and you see the only product. Select it to read the first description. Then click on description, to see more details. There is written how to get the v6 version free.

I installed the latest version of the imaginesim operations center. Only then I got the Prepar3D v6 folder and could download the installer. Installation with your v5 order number and e-mail then used.

24 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

If you say so boss. Just hoping to be helpful.

Well me too was excited to read Imaginesim improved a product and we can even get it for free. Alone this should have told everyone, this can't be true, see their upgrade of WSSS. 

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Where are these details?

If you have any of Imaginesim's products installed, go to their Ops Center app on your computer. You should be able to download the v6 version for free.

15 hours ago, MonkeyWings said:

If you have any of Imaginesim's products installed, go to their Ops Center app on your computer. You should be able to download the v6 version for free.

Where in the Ops Center? I ran it but there was nothing obvious. It told me KATL was up to date.

Cheers

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

54 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where in the Ops Center? I ran it but there was nothing obvious. It told me KATL was up to date.

Cheers

You need to update the Ops Center, as i wrote before.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Cheers

You have to download it from their site.

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Cheers

Luke, Go to the Imaginesim Ops Center (not their website).

Click on the Atlanta scenery selection (assuming your v5 version is installed).

Then click the P3Dv6 tab.

Enter your order details for the v5 version and then you should have the button to become active to download the v6 version.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Just a heads up. Today is the last day to get your free copy of Imaginesim KATL P3d v6 if you already own it on P3d v5.

Edited by Samaritano