Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

FSR500 Purchase Location

This aircraft has me interested enough to purchase but I see that this is only available to purchase on Marketplace. Are there any plans to sell this anywhere else and if so in what sort of time frame? Or will it remain exclusively there?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

8 minutes ago, Jazz said:

This aircraft has me interested enough to purchase but I see that this is only available to purchase on Marketplace. Are there any plans to sell this anywhere else and if so in what sort of time frame? Or will it remain exclusively there?

Just out of curiosity. Why wouldn't you buy it via marketplace? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The Sting and the M500 are the only two I have ever bought on the Marketplace. Not ideal but if it's that or don't have them at all, I would rather have them and put up with the limitations you get as a result. They are both worth it. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

20 minutes ago, Jazz said:

No, both the Sting and the FSR500 are Marketplace only and will stay exclusively there.

Cheers T.

Purchased the FSR500 off the Marketplace & have had one update come through so far via the Marketplace. No issues with installation or update process.

If you do buy then suggest you don't start MSFS as the Administrator when you go to purchase it. Left mouse click the MSFS icon instead.

T34

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

If you do buy then suggest you don't start MSFS as the Administrator when you go to purchase it. Left mouse click the MSFS icon instead.

Can you explain the reason for this? I have done most of my purchases in MSFS when it is started as administrator.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Just out of curiosity. Why wouldn't you buy it via marketplace? 

I didn't write that I wouldn't, buddy. I simply enquired if it will be available anywhere else.

However, I have my reasons why I will not buy there if there are other options. The main reason for not buying there is removed if it's the only place it will ever be available and that reason is product updates. I have seen Marketplace purchasers still without a product update over a month after the rest of us that bought direct from the developer or a publisher such as Just Flight. An unacceptable issue that I am not prepared to pay for when the issue can easly be avoided by not buying it from there.

Another reason is that I prefer to buy direct from the developer whenever possible. I prefer them to get more of my money. Microsoft are doing alright for that stuff as far as I can tell. However, in this instance the developer has made their decision and opted to exclusively place their work on Marketplace. Again, removing my concern.

I have other more nuanced reasons as well but I'm not prepared to go into them here.

I will purchase the software from Marketplace later this week.

• Like 3

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

No, both the Sting and the FSR500 are Marketplace only and will stay exclusively there.

Cheers T.

Thank's for letting me know. As long as they stay exclusively there then I will purchase them from there later this week.

Edited by Jazz

13 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Is this really an issue? I have seen this a few times. If it ever were an issue then suely they have fixed it by now?

Just now, Jazz said:

Thank's for letting me know. As long as they stay excluviely there then I will purchase them from there later this week.

I can assure that the MP team is a lot better than in the beginning. And just as an example from first delivery of release package until release took us just one week. And we pushed a first fix over MP out in one day. And in addition we'll always be able to release hotfixes (like we have done already for the performance issue in the first week) over fsreborns discord. In the end I usually do the same as you with direct support of the dev. But keep in mind that providing an own shop solution or several different format installers for different shops is also a costly and time consuming effort for a small dev.

Cheers T.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torsen said:

I can assure that the MP team is a lot better than in the beginning. And just as an example from first delivery of release package until release took us just one week. And we pushed a first fix over MP out in one day. And in addition we'll always be able to release hotfixes (like we have done already for the performance issue in the first week) over fsreborns discord. In the end I usually do the same as you with direct support of the dev. But keep in mind that providing an own shop solution or several different format installers for different shops is also a costly and time consuming effort for a small dev.

The only issue I have with the marketplace is that addons are encrypted which prevents users from tweaking an aircraft or Little Navmap from scanning new airports.

From a developer's point of view I can understand the attraction of the MP; Microsoft might take 30% but as you wrote, the alternatives are costly also.
On top of this you also have Xbox users as potential customers via the built-in Marketplace and already basic marketing within the sim.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

Cheers T.

I'm afraid, from my perspective at least, the Marketplace still a dreadful experience as a purchaser overall.

Other small teams and solo devs do manage to deal with selling through other stores and, while I appreciate it is entirely your choice, I really wish you would choose to do so as well.

Edited by Matchstick

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'm afraid, from my perspective at least, the Marketplace still a dreadful experience as a purchaser overall.

Other small teams and solo devs do manage to deal with selling through other stores and, while I appreciate it is entirely your choice, I really wish you would choose to do so as well.

As I for sure can understand the overall frustrations the MP can offer from time to time - trust me including myself on quite a few addons - it is not planned and will stay exclusively in the MP. On a sidenote I would for example never buy from simmarket if I'm not really forced, too 😄 so a lot of us have their problems with some of the places to buy.

Cheers and happy flying

T.

Just now, Torsen said:

As I for sure can understand the overall frustrations the MP can offer from time to time - trust me including myself on quite a few addons - it is not planned and will stay exclusively in the MP. On a sidenote I would for example never buy from simmarket if I'm not really forced, too 😄 so a lot of us have their problems with some of the places to buy.

Cheers and happy flying

T.

We are lucky then that Simmarket exclusives seem few and far between (Leonardo Maddog is the only one of any consequence I can think of).

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

We are lucky then that Simmarket exclusives seem few and far between (Leonardo Maddog is the only one of any consequence I can think of).

100% this and as the quality of the msfs maddog is not even close to be paying again 90 bucks incl vat over the p3d version for it I'm safe 😄