Sign in to follow this  
bigalrose

Prepar3D V6 hangs at startup before Splash

Processor - Intel i9-13900KF processor
Ram - 96.0 GB
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
Disc Storage - 5 x 2TB SSD devices - Operating System on (C) drive. P3D V5 on (D) drive. P3D V6 on (E) drive
Operating System - Windows 11 Professional (64bit) at version 22H2 level (as of 11/28/2023. NVIDIA Drivers current to same level as Windows. 2023-10 update installed (KB4023057). Cumulative update for .NET installed (KB5031225).

Drive for V6 "E" is "clean" with no residual P3D data/files
Windows drive "C" is clean with no residual P3D data/files
P3D V6 downloaded from LM website and installed via "Setup" with no issues reported. (Ran Setup with Administrator authority)

P3D V6 executable verified/confirmed to be running as "Administrator"

After Start of P3D V6 (Ran as Administrator), Task Manager shows P3D using 0% CPU, with memory use Varying between 75.9 MB and 81.2 MB

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zhb8v05j ... 9xmwb&dl=0

No "SPLASH" Screen or prompts appear for Prepar3D V6

This condition persists for at least 20 hours with no change.

***NOTE*** Same conditions are present with the installation of V5 on the "D" drive.

It would appear there is some condition preventing the software from completing the initialization?

26 minutes ago, bigalrose said:

It would appear there is some condition preventing the software from completing the initialization?

I agree, yes it would.

You have posted a list of "facts" without asking a question and sticking a "?" at the end if your last statement does not turn it into a question.

I'll ask a question.... Did either of your installations ever run correctly?

Edited by Sparkrite

Run disc test on drive D for bad sectors.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

How about antivirus? Any running on your machine, disabled?

Does the normal P3D folder structure appear in Explorer? Sometimes P3D runs the installation successfully, but files have not been installed.

Did you try repairing the client, content, scenery from Add/Remove programs?

I assume P3D is activated?

If all above fails, try booting into Windows using Safe Mode with Networking option and try uninstalling and re-installing P3D.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Had a similar problem sometime ago.

After some tests I found the culprit was the PMDG install and the RAAS module. After disabling the RAAS in the XML file p3d could start again.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Remember the last thing you added to the simulator. That may be not compatible or corrupted.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 12/1/2023 at 11:31 PM, G-RFRY said:

Run disc test on drive D for bad sectors.

The software is on "E" drive which is a 2 TB SSD.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:41 AM, 787flyer said:

How about antivirus? Any running on your machine, disabled?

Does the normal P3D folder structure appear in Explorer? Sometimes P3D runs the installation successfully, but files have not been installed.

Did you try repairing the client, content, scenery from Add/Remove programs?

I assume P3D is activated?

If all above fails, try booting into Windows using Safe Mode with Networking option and try uninstalling and re-installing P3D.

No Security on my system

Software never gets to the "Activation Screen"

Will not install in Safe Mode.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:03 AM, jcomm said:

Had a similar problem sometime ago.

After some tests I found the culprit was the PMDG install and the RAAS module. After disabling the RAAS in the XML file p3d could start again.

NO Addons on the intallation.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:27 AM, blaunarwal said:

Remember the last thing you added to the simulator. That may be not compatible or corrupted.

NOTHING HAS BEEN ADDED - THIS IS THE INITIAL STARTUP of P3D.

One more try to clarify my issue:

This is a "Clean" install of Prepar3d V6, into a "Fresh" Windows 11 Professional 64-bit system.

Following install of Windows 11, Graphics Drivers have been updated

The download came from LM's download site and was run with full Administrator Privileges. There is NO additional Security System on my system.

There are NO ADDON's or other modifications to the LM software (no scenery, aircraft, etc.).

Upon the initial start of P3D V6, task manager shows a 0% CPU use, as well as between 85 and 91 mb of memory used (task manager reveals total memory utilization of 10% (Speccy shows 96.0 GB of physical RAM on system). P3D persists in this state/condition indefinitely (So far, I've watched it sit there for over 24 hours.

Other programs start and run fine, even with P3D in this "Stalled" state.

Specifications are:

Prepar3D version: 6.0.36 ( 6.0.34 with update to 6.0.36 applied)

Operating system Windows 11 Professional 64-bit at maintenance level 23H2 (KB5032288)

Security Software Installed - NONE (NO NORTON, MCAFEE, etc.)

All add-ons installed (applications, scenery, vehicles, etc.) NONE

Hardware (graphics card, CPU, RAM, displays, etc.) Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090, Driver level 546.29, total available Graphics 736.30 MB, Dedicated Video memory 24654 MB GDDR6X, Displays ViewSonic 22" monitors, arrayed via Surround into 1 - 5760x1080 and 1 - 1920x1080
(Note --- This configuration of monitors functions on other V6 installations)

GPU driver version 546.29

Changes made to your system – overclocking, graphics accelerators (NVIDIA Inspector), debuggers - NO MODIFICATIONS

Changes to the default Prepar3D's settings or configuration files - NO CHANGES - This is the initial startup of this installation

This condition occurs prior to seeing any initialization/Scenario screes from P3D. It would seem the software is "Waiting" for a resource/process, and will no proceed until it's satisfied.

Help to assist me in determining what P3D is waiting for would be of immense assistance.

Thanks for not piling on and contaminating the thread with spurious responses (I've already been through the gamut of "Run as Administrator", "Turn off the scenery", "Disable the addons" responses from those who didn't bother to read the post (Come to think of it, if you didn't read the post to get here, you probably will respond as stated).

Regards
Al

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigalrose said:

The software is on "E" drive which is a 2 TB SSD.

Then install on the "D" drive to test you know P3D works on that drive, you can delete it after the test, run P3Dv6 at default no addons to see if it runs.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, redshift27 said:

I reckon you have a P3dv6 window open somewhere awaiting input that is off-screen or very nearly so. 

Simple move your mouse pointer over the running program in the taskbar and see if another window opens. This can happen when you add an addon and need input to enable.

Raymond Fry.

13 hours ago, bigalrose said:

No Security on my system

Software never gets to the "Activation Screen"

Will not install in Safe Mode.

If you can not install P3D in Safe mode, then I suspect your download package is suspect and installation is corrupt.

Did you verify the download from LM site with the checksum?

Info here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=126465

Also in Task Manager, kill those other apps you have running like DuckDuckGo and Speccy. Reduce the complexity of the system when trying to troubleshoot. Having superfluous apps running in the background or on startup that are not needed for the core sim is a potential issue.

When you say no security on my system, did you check and ensure Windows' own anti-virus is also disabled e.g Defender?

Unplug superfluous devices that the sim does not need in order to start i.e. keyboard and mouse only. No pedals, no joystick, no other USB devices connected, no 2nd monitor etc.

Windows UAC off.

Literally run the PC in its most basic configuration.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!