Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Great Seasonal Support

@lanrivaldosmith
No sir, it's XP10 with winter mod and Simheaven.
I captured these shots in the year 2014.

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

1 hour ago, efis007 said:

@lanrivaldosmith

Not bad, but honestly not comparable to @tonywob shots.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

2 hours ago, efis007 said:

x3.jpg

83d6d88ed7b26e4bbec6faff29a160bd.jpg

Some context would be nice.  As Murmur said, those images don't even compare to Tony's.  

What exactly are you trying to show?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Not bad, but honestly not comparable to @tonywob shots.

Easy to say now after knowing (from me) that it is XP10. 🤭

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

What exactly are you trying to show?

Let's play a game, suppose the image was this:

83d6d88ed7b26e4bbec6faff29a160bd-2.jpg

What would you have written as a comment on that screenshot? 
I bet you a hundred dollars you would have written"Look how XP12 recreates the characteristic "cold light of winter dawn". It's incredible! Amazing! This sim is a thousand years ahead of the others!" 
🤭

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

Ok, let's break it down.  

I see no ambient occlusion in the cockpit, or the engine, whatsoever.

The panel is way too dark for X-Plane 12.  As in...BLACK.  

The mesh in the cockpit is low poly (wet compass is a shining example).  3D modellers have been using higher resolution mesh for the last few years.

No clouds.  For obvious reasons.

Metal isn't metallic enough on the window handle.  Way too white.

Environmental lighting is obviously different.

So, yeah.  I would have asked you where this screenshot was from, because it does not look like XP12.  

Remember, I'm on the XP12 test team.  I get to see pre-releases before you do.  And besides the fact they're not even up to 12.1, this looks nothing like X-Plane 12...even with shaders.  

I'm in X-Plane, for several hours, every single day.  Do you really believe I couldn't tell the difference?  

I bet you a hundred dollars you would have written"Look how XP12 recreates the characteristic "cold light of winter dawn". It's incredible! Amazing! This sim is a thousand years ahead of the others!" 

I'll bet you $10 000, I would have asked what did you do to X-Plane 12 to make it look like X-Plane 10 with winter textures?

Are you really trying to say the images you posted could fool anyone, when comparing them to Tony's images?

If you think you can, then I'd place even less credibility on your opinions of the cockpit lighting.

Still trying to figure out why you even posted those images.   I don't believe you wanted to show how your images look even remotely similar to Tony's images.  The only thing I can think of is you want to start an argument.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, efis007 said:

Let's play a game, suppose the image was this:

83d6d88ed7b26e4bbec6faff29a160bd-2.jpg

🤭

Xp10 had its moments with dusk and dawn.   Shouldn't you have added the clouds too ?

But what are you trying to prove.

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

6 hours ago, efis007 said:

@lanrivaldosmith

Wow. You had me fooled. I honestly thought it was xplane 12.  I would not have guessed it was xplane 10 at all.

• Upvote 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

15 minutes ago, brinx said:

Wow. You had me fooled. I honestly thought it was xplane 12.  I would not have guessed it was xplane 10 at all.

I guess it doesn't take much at all to fool some people.  Especially when the top post showed X-Plane 12 images.  

😉

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I guess it doesn't take much at all to fool some people.

I guess so.

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare

• Upvote 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC

Yet again, due to trolling, and those who cannot resist, begins the spiral of a positive thread, into lockdown -- GoranM

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

Anyway. @efis007 Not bad considering the age of those shots.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, brinx said:

Anyway. @efis007 Not bad considering the age of those shots.

Absolutely.  Not bad.  However, anyone who has been around X-Plane long enough, ie, prior to June 28th, 2022, would know they're not images of X-Plane 12.  

Might be best to get back on topic.  And it might be an even better idea if @efis007 started a separate thread showing what an obsolete X-Plane 10 can look like with mods.

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 2

For me, it's fairly obvious it's not X-Plane 12, the lighting, the way the snow interacts with the orthos, the sky colours etc. I was able to make XP10 and 11 look fantastic, but nowhere near as good as 12

I'm not sure what the point of the post was TBH, but for the sake of discussion, let's keep it clean

14 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Cooking recipe for that scenery, please!

Mine is custom made with my own tool/workflow, but you can get pretty close using free utilities such as Simheaven and just orthos.

The only problem is that orthos generated using Ortho4XP or autoortho at the moment are missing correct seasonal support, and need to be patched up. I was going to release a tool to do this, but looks like someone has already done it. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/87701-o4xp_seasons_manager-mostly-correct-seasons-on-top-of-ortho4xp/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, efis007 said:

You are deluded if you think I and most other people wouldn't have realized it was not XP12.

If you don't believe that, post other mixed screenshots of XP10 and XP12 and let us guess which is which.

Edited by Murmur
  • Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

And squishing the picture down to 1600 x 666 is equally disingenuous, hiding every actual detail you'd see flying. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB