Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Loving the Blackbox Shorts 360

Title says it all I guess, I loved the Carenado version in past sims and love this plane and all the great repaints the talented community has put out so far.

4 hours and many takeoffs and landings later I love it.

I saw the American Eagle examples at O’hare but never got to ride on one, and even today am lucky enough to see the Air Cargo Express 360s fly up from Milwaukee to my home airport Sheboygan County and do touch and gos etc.

Now I need to spend some time researching historical (and todays) routes/schedules for this adorable little plane.

• Like 3

It’s really a fun aircraft, I’ve been flying it on a lot of Loganair flights and some Pacific Coastal and former Time Air routes around western Canada.  The simulation of beta range is really good and it’s a nice aircraft to taxi.

There’s a nice Northwest Airlink repaint over on flightsim.to if you’d like another Midwest option.  Only issue is that there is a dynamic registration showing up that I can’t figure out how to remove.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It’s great in VR with all those windows.

I fly it on the Aurigny routes from Southampton to the Channel Islands , including the short hop from Jersey to Guernsey at 2000ft.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

It’s really a fun aircraft, I’ve been flying it on a lot of Loganair flights and some Pacific Coastal and former Time Air routes around western Canada.  The simulation of beta range is really good and it’s a nice aircraft to taxi.

There’s a nice Northwest Airlink repaint over on flightsim.to if you’d like another Midwest option.  Only issue is that there is a dynamic registration showing up that I can’t figure out how to remove.

I’ve had that issue on several repaints - fixed it by going into the aircraft.cfg file and changing the atc_ID entry from “G-ABCD” to “”  (to make it null).

• Like 2

Thanks I’ll give that a try.  I put a blank space in there (I thought that was the solution rather than no space) and it froze my sim at the start menu…I was so close yet so wrong haha.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Thanks I’ll give that a try.  I put a blank space in there (I thought that was the solution rather than no space) and it froze my sim at the start menu…I was so close yet so wrong haha.

I just tried it with the “” on the Northwest Thermometer repaint and it works.

Love this plane! 🙂

• Like 1

I am getting stuck with the battery. I can't connect to a GPU at most airports and the batteries drain out quickly. Anyone has a work around for that. The plane is good in general, but the way they implemented ground power seems not very helpful.