Sign in to follow this  
SusGofres

Addons for FS2004

Good morning, afternoon or evening.

(Before starting, I am using the translator since English is not my main language and I don't want to make a mistake. And sorry if the story is too long ;) )

For Christmas 2022, I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator X, but the more I entered the world of aerial simulation, the more I wanted to make a flight from one point to another. I was adding addons like Aerosoft's A320, ORBX FTX Global, etc... As clueless as I am, I didn't focus on the stability of my fps when adding so many addons, which in the end turned out to be a problem, I only reached 10-15 fps on the ground (including cfg tweaking). After a while, at the beginning of 2023 I discovered FS2004. I saw a lot of videos of people saying that it is still the best Microsoft Flight Simulator to date, which made me want to try it. A few days later I had FS2004 working correctly on my computer, with a Windows 10 operating system by the way. I installed mods such as porting realistic orbx textures for that version of msfs, ENB shaders, and an airport in Spain that I don't remember what it was. Achieve an average of 80 fps, without tricks or anything and with a limit of 30 fps and all graphic settings at maximum. I was searching for pages like Captain Sim's, with the 727, or Aerosoft to see if there were any fs2004 products left. I was looking for scenery for a long time, but I couldn't find much, but I never found what I needed.

Now, with the story over (sorry for the wait) I have a couple of questions:

• What is the best version of airbus?
  • What is the best version of boeing?
  • Where i can find good scenery

and...

• Is there a way to get it for a low price?

Muchas gracias por leer todo esto, es mi primer post en un foro de aviación. Espero sus respuestas pronto.

My computer specifications:

Processor: Intel i5-10210U 1.60 GHz (Currently 4GHz due to overclocking)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics Family  ( For 10th gen processors) with 128 MG of dedicated video memory                                                                                                                                                                                            RAM: 16GB                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Storage: A 100GB partition dedicated to the simulator and addons.

Thank you very much :)

@SusGofres, welcome to AvSim. I deleted your duplicate post. For your first few posts they have to be approved before becoming visible to others.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@SusGofres

Hi

FS2004 was and is a great simulator, however, the vast majority of better add ons are no longer for sale for example:

Flight1 ATR-72

PMDG MD-11

Fly The Maddog MD80

You can still get a few add ons in the online stores but in most cases they are not the best:

PC Aviator

Simmarket

Flight1

remember that there are also many good quality freewares, here you go:

ENVTEX and Full Environment 9 by TOGA Projects

Also remember to update the navigation database with aerosors.

The only add on that I can recommend and that is still under development is:

PF3 - ATC FOR FSX P3D MSFS FS2004 by Oncourse software.

Regards and Happy New Year

• Like 1

Just be forewarned that some older Payware offerings may not function correctly because of the OS...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

5 hours ago, Brisafresca said:

@SusGofres

Hi

FS2004 was and is a great simulator, however, the vast majority of better add ons are no longer for sale for example:

Flight1 ATR-72

PMDG MD-11

Fly The Maddog MD80

You can still get a few add ons in the online stores but in most cases they are not the best:

PC Aviator

Simmarket

Flight1

remember that there are also many good quality freewares, here you go:

ENVTEX and Full Environment 9 by TOGA Projects

Also remember to update the navigation database with aerosors.

The only add on that I can recommend and that is still under development is:

PF3 - ATC FOR FSX P3D MSFS FS2004 by Oncourse software.

Regards and Happy New Year

Thank you very much, I'll take a look at them when I get home

55 minutes ago, ViperPilot said:

Just be forewarned that some older Payware offerings may not function correctly because of the OS...

@SusGofres

Yep, keep this in mind, don't spend too much money on fs2009, W10 expires in 2025.

• Like 1

What kind of Features do you want out of your Aircraft?

Systems Complexity? 

Visual Quality/Availability of Repaints?

As brisafresca said, many of the Payware airplanes you and he referenced have not been available for many Years. Many developers today consider FS9 an outdated Platform 

With the System Specs you posted, you might be better off with the Freeware offerings available; they will work much better on your System.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 'Nine'; as a dedicated user of FS9 it's good to see people still enjoying this Platform and all it has to offer.

• Like 1

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

7 hours ago, Brisafresca said:

@SusGofres

Yep, keep this in mind, don't spend too much money on fs2009, W10 expires in 2025.

Surely before support ends I will have a more powerful computer.

7 hours ago, Brisafresca said:

World-of-AI AI Traffic

Now I'll look at it.

4 hours ago, ViperPilot said:

What kind of Features do you want out of your Aircraft?

Systems Complexity? 

Visual Quality/Availability of Repaints?

As brisafresca said, many of the Payware airplanes you and he referenced have not been available for many Years. Many developers today consider FS9 an outdated Platform 

With the System Specs you posted, you might be better off with the Freeware offerings available; they will work much better on your System.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 'Nine'; as a dedicated user of FS9 it's good to see people still enjoying this Platform and all it has to offer.

I would like something complex, like Aerosoft's a320, but for that version. I did a search on the internet, and I discovered Project Airbus. It's like the FSX default A320, but with FMC. At least this way I have an airbus in the hangar.

And also thank you all very much for the help and I wish you a happy new year.

Posted (edited)

From what I remember, these may be the best available for FS9:

Airbus

Narrowbodies: can be either the PSS one (available for €10 at Blackbox) or the Wilco ones. If possible, merge the panel and FDE with the Project Airbus models 

Widebodies: for panels, definitely Wilco (the whole A32x/A330/A340 is around €30). For models, maybe CLS or Posky.

A380: Project Airbus. Enough said.

A300: either HNAC or SGA/Benoit Gaurant.

Boeing

707 to 737 (200 to 500):HJG

747-200: Ready For Pushback (merged with Posky model)

757 and 777: PSS. Also at €10 each at Blackbox 

727, 737 NG, 747-400 and 767: Flight1 used to sell the good ones, but looks like they no longer do so (since they abandoned their Wrapper).

Too bad the FS9 marketplace is not the same it used to be.

Anyway, your laptop looks too weak for even FS9. The 128 MB VRAM were just the bare minimum back in 2004...and that was with Nvidia, not Intel

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Airbus

Narrowbodies: can be either the PSS one (available for €10 at Blackbox) or the Wilco ones. If possible, merge the panel and FDE with the Project Airbus models 

Widebodies: for panels, definitely Wilco (the whole A32x/A330/A340 is around €30). For models, maybe CLS or Posky.

Boeing

727, 737 NG, 747-400 and 767: Flight1 used to sell the good ones, but looks like they no longer do so (since they abandoned their Wrapper).

Anyway, your laptop looks too weak for even FS9. The 128 MB VRAM were just the bare minimum back in 2004...and that was with Nvidia, not Intel

FunFact: It's not a laptop. It is a desktop PC, but small, the processor has integrated graphics, and the integrated graphics do not have dedicated memory, Intel says that it has 128MB of vram so that it can download things and work.

Here is an image of the PC in case you are curious: https://ibb.co/WgbWqBS

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Airbus

Boeing

I almost forgot, thank you very much for the information. What a pity that the 737 are no longer available on the market, you can always resort to methods, but I prefer not to. Of course, I have looked on the Captain Sim page and the 727, for example, is lowered to €9.99 forever, due to how old the simulator is. That could be a good option for little money. (The entire FS9 page is reduced to €9.99)

10 hours ago, SusGofres said:

FunFact: It's not a laptop. It is a desktop PC, but small, the processor has integrated graphics, and the integrated graphics do not have dedicated memory, Intel says that it has 128MB of vram so that it can download things and work.

Ah, a mini PC then: basically, laptop chips embeded in a little box to which you conect all your peripherals. At least you may have some thermal headroom, i.e., you may get closer to sustain the advertised 4.2 GHz, instead of the 1.6 base. However, with that Intel GPU, I keep my position meaning it's not strong enough for FS9 and all the things you want to add, but I also say FS2004 will be doable for you.

I did endure a laptop with Intel iGPU (i5-2435M, with HD3000 graphics). Because of poor thermal design, I had to disable boost, and I could only reach 2.4 Ghz (instead of the 3.0 one). I couldn't keep a 30 fps lock, so I had to live with 20 FPS only. But I did use several high end planes (iFly 737 and 747 payware, all Wilco buses and the PSS Boeings) and had a lot of fun. I had to be careful with AI and detailed airports. Ah, and forget about VCs in airliners, I had to do with 2D.

13 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Flight1 used to sell the good ones, but looks like they no longer do so (since they abandoned their Wrapper).

I checked today Flight1, looks like they still sell, but do not expect any support. Also, they have discontinued their 30-day refund policy. I have to check my experience installing in my current laptop.

11 hours ago, SusGofres said:

Of course, I have looked on the Captain Sim page and the 727, for example, is lowered to €9.99 forever, due to how old the simulator is. That could be a good option for little money.

That's a good option, if you feel the HJG offer is not enough for you. They are one of the few ones that still develop for FS9.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

One other thing to keep in mind about older Payware Airplanes; their Installers may not work properly for newer versions of Windows...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg