Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Change arrival runway via voice

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi Dave,

in some cases P2ATC has multiple runways active (as seen on the info tab), which makes sense. However I'm denied the request of another one of those once I'm given one by ATC, with the response "XXX [the one I got] is the active runway, please make another request". I think it should be possible to change the runway to one other active runway (if multiple ones are active). I know I can always do it via the APPR tab and "force arr runway", but that breaks immersion and is cumbersome.

EDIT: Hm is this maybe what the "force pilot runway selection" setting does? I didn't use it because I thought it would force ATC to use the runways imported by the simbrief plan (which I don't want; I only want to change afterwards - if necessary - during the flight if I don't like the given runway). Or did I get that wrong?

Edited by Fiorentoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to request a new Arrival runway up until right after the Arrival Information call.  So as soon as you get the arrival information and don't like the arrival runway, just say "<CallSign> request arrival runway xxx".  Once you're on a STAR or Approach Transition, a runway change will be denied. 

However, you can ask for vectors to a particular approach to any of the Destination runways at almost any time during the flight.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You should be able to request a new Arrival runway up until right after the Arrival Information call.  So as soon as you get the arrival information and don't like the arrival runway, just say "<CallSign> request arrival runway xxx".  Once you're on a STAR or Approach Transition, a runway change will be denied. 

However, you can ask for vectors to a particular approach to any of the Destination runways at almost any time during the flight.

Dave

I see, although I'm sure I requested the new arrival directly after the arrival information call. Anyway how does "force pilot runway selection" work in these cases? Does it take the runway imported from the simbrief flightplan and "forces" it no matter what? Or does the setting only apply to when I ask for a new arrival via voice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Force Pilot Runway Selection option checked, ATC is forced to use the runways you have in the flight plan.  So if those are imported, from whatever source, those will be used by ATC.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

With the Force Pilot Runway Selection option checked, ATC is forced to use the runways you have in the flight plan.  So if those are imported, from whatever source, those will be used by ATC.

Dave

Do the runways also get imported when I have "import proc" unchecked? I mean there are runways preselected on the departure and arrival boxes after importing, just no procedures with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know, the way the runways are imported is via the SID and STAR, so if Import Procedures is unchecked, P2A would have to pick the runways.  But you can test it and see what happens.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

As far as I know, the way the runways are imported is via the SID and STAR, so if Import Procedures is unchecked, P2A would have to pick the runways.  But you can test it and see what happens.

Dave

I tested and it does indeed import the runways from simbrief, just without procedures. So just to confirm: Asking for vectors to an approach to another runway (at any time during the flight) will 100% give me that runway, no matter what the active runway is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, Dave, this does not work with asking for vectors to another runway approach. It will always say that this is not the active runway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave,

I came looking for the same answer - Often when I request a specific arrival runway i get no response from Pilot2ATC. I understand now that perhaps this is due to me being to close to the airport and past the point of STAR assignment.

What would be nice is if such a request is made and its to late, for Pilot2ATC to respond in that way - or at least say "Negative, unable". When it just doesn't respond it gets confusing and makes the program appear non-responsive.

Cheers

 


Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...