Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

TBM930 Vnav button

Hello 🙂

Anyone had success using the vnav button on the tbm ? Though it should be operational by now ?

when reaching my cruise altitude I set up the alt of the first point of my approach, enable vnav in gtc but nothing happen when pushing the vnav on the autopilot, i should normally see the led light up and it should start descending when reaching TOD, but it is not.

any idea ? 

Thanks

It is operational but I can't comment on the clickspot in the VC as I use keyboard shortcuts.  now obviously there is no keyboard shortcut for VNAV availible in MSFS, but if you own AAO (Axis and Ohs, by Lorby), there is a TBM script available, which provides a custom keyboard shortcut for the AP VNAV button.

(If you get it working, make sure you press VNAV on the AP, before reaching the TOD / V scale).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

At TOD the selected altitude should be set to something lower than cruise altitude. Did you do that?

I've been using VNAV on the TBM for some time now and it works fine in just the manner you described.  I follow these procedures:

• After reaching cruise, set ALT to lowest altitude prior to final descent (GS/GP)
  • Press VNAV button (indicator appears on the PFD)
  • Click the VNAV "button" in the g5000 Flight Plan display
  • Make certain VNAV is active in the g5000 panel
  • Aircraft begins descent at the TOD

If the approach is a VNAV-enabled RNAV, I set ALT to about 50'-100' above field level to facilitate a coupled approach all the way down to the DH.

Randall Rocke

20 hours ago, fsiscool said:

At TOD the selected altitude should be set to something lower than cruise altitude. Did you do that?

Yes i Did 🙂

18 hours ago, RandallR said:

I've been using VNAV on the TBM for some time now and it works fine in just the manner you described.  I follow these procedures:

• After reaching cruise, set ALT to lowest altitude prior to final descent (GS/GP)
  • Press VNAV button (indicator appears on the PFD)
  • Click the VNAV "button" in the g5000 Flight Plan display
  • Make certain VNAV is active in the g5000 panel
  • Aircraft begins descent at the TOD

If the approach is a VNAV-enabled RNAV, I set ALT to about 50'-100' above field level to facilitate a coupled approach all the way down to the DH.

Exactly what i did, the vnav is flashing one time really fast in the pfd then nothing it disappear and nothing happen,

Looks like a bug 

For those who may be following this but might not be familiar with the g5000 system or TBM, here's what to set up for VNAV:

Set ALT to lowest altitude prior to FAF:53450735317_c752a6f605_c.jpg

Press VNV button - PATH will illuminate on the PFD (see above).  If PATH doesn't appear, cycle the VNV button again until it does.53451785203_86a82c06e7_b.jpg

Click on the VNAV button in the Flight Plan module on the g5000 display below. VNAV should show as Enabled - if not, turn it on.  The aircraft should begin descent at the TOD.53451660931_eec1d5869d.jpg

Randall Rocke

8 hours ago, dyl55 said:

Looks like a bug 

It's not a bug. That's what 3 of us have told you in our comments.  It really does work fine. There are many requirements to it being operational though, so if you're not seeing VNAV in the aircraft, there's a good chance one will have been missed.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 1/8/2024 at 11:00 PM, JYW said:

It's not a bug. That's what 3 of us have told you in our comments.  It really does work fine. There are many requirements to it being operational though, so if you're not seeing VNAV in the aircraft, there's a good chance one will have been missed.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:24 PM, RandallR said:

For those who may be following this but might not be familiar with the g5000 system or TBM, here's what to set up for VNAV:

Set ALT to lowest altitude prior to FAF:53450735317_c752a6f605_c.jpg

Press VNV button - PATH will illuminate on the PFD (see above).  If PATH doesn't appear, cycle the VNV button again until it does.53451785203_86a82c06e7_b.jpg

Click on the VNAV button in the Flight Plan module on the g5000 display below. VNAV should show as Enabled - if not, turn it on.  The aircraft should begin descent at the TOD.53451660931_eec1d5869d.jpg

well that’s exactly the procedure I follow, I can see the “path” coming in the pfd but only for like 1 second before it disappear and then can’t reactivate it :/

23 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

well that’s exactly the procedure I follow, I can see the “path” coming in the pfd but only for like 1 second before it disappear and then can’t reactivate it 😕

If so, then you probably have another mod which is causing the WT VNAV to fail.  Start with an empty community folder and go from there.  Or put another way, since it works for all of us, yet not for you…it’s you mate not the software.
Physician, Heal Thyself!!😎

-B

• Like 1

Never flown the TBM before as I was always wary of the G5000 but it seems pretty straightforward. 

I use Southend airport (EGMC) to London City (EGLC) to try this stuff out. It's a handy short route that gives you time to attain a bit of altitude and the approach into rnwy 09 shows melty London to it's full advantage:biggrin:.

Earlier this afternoon with live weather...

OK, finally had time to try again, and same problem, when pushing vnav i can see it on pfd but disappear straight away, the only "mod" i have is the navigraph g1000/3000/5000 pluggin.

And directly in the sim in content manager the tbm enhancament. 

Could one of those 2 be the problem ? Need to try again as i removed navigraph pluggin, but i appreciate this one

45 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

And directly in the sim in content manager the tbm enhancament. 

I would try removing this one first. Enhancement mods are suspect in situations like this. Good Luck!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Upvote 1

Please ignore, I misread your post.

Edited by tjrush
  • Upvote 1

Tom

8 minutes ago, tjrush said:

I believe that you should remove the navigraph g1000/3000/5000 pluggin.  The WT g1000/3000 is included natively in the sim.

Edit: Ditto. I misread your statement on plugins for navigraph as a statement for the old WT G3000/5000 mod.  I would try removing the enhancement mod.  

IGNORE PLEASEI believe you may be right. That simple fact went right over my head. Flood call!

Edited by btacon