Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

SWS PC12 Questions

I waited to buy it which I usually do not do. Then I did. Beautiful model but I am very happy that people are seeing what I see. There’s no way the real aircraft can be anything remote to this. It is very aggravating to have such a great model. Very disappointed with some of the reviews that said it was fantastic. I don’t get it. And I love the plane and that’s partially my aggravation. I know this will never happen, but developers need  to offer a 30 minute flight for one of the aircraft that you are releasing before buying. If you’re so confident, then should not be an issue.

Chris Chiozza

In addition to the yawing on approach how much elevator trim is acceptable? I find the yoke is pretty far into my gut close to the threshold.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jwhak said:

Don't forget to keep the pc-12 torque coming in between 9-12 psi.

Yeah, we know.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

5 hours ago, Purr said:

Give two options:" with and without interlink enabled"

Doesn't change the way this thing behaves. Not the issues with it, anyway. I have disabled the interlink myself, it's easy to do and I'm not the only one in this thread that has done so.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

4 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

In addition to the yawing on approach how much elevator trim is acceptable? I find the yoke is pretty far into my gut close to the threshold.

This is one thing about this aircraft that I really do appreciate. So many aircraft have absurdly twitchy elevator control (FSR500) and this thing is far more realistic in it's required movements from what I can tell. It alows one to actually control the pitch with some precision. It has weight. I also appreciate the slow trim speed for the same reason. I understand that they timed this so it's bang on.

Edit: I actually missread what you wrote there but I will leave what I wrote so that I have some positives to say regarding this plane. It's really not all bad. It's just the bad part is so bad it's unflyable. It does seem to take an awful lot of trim but I have no idea of the reality of that so won't be whinging about it. At least until I have more experience flying it but that won't happen until they acknowledge and fix the comedy yaw.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Yeah, we know.

Sry Jazz a little too much medical leaf. :ohmy:

7 hours ago, Jazz said:

Doesn't change the way this thing behaves. Not the issues with it, anyway. I have disabled the interlink myself, it's easy to do and I'm not the only one in this thread that has done so.

Can you show how to do this please?🙏🏼 

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

8 hours ago, Jazz said:

This is one thing about this aircraft that I really do appreciate. So many aircraft have absurdly twitchy elevator control (FSR500) and this thing is far more realistic in it's required movements from what I can tell. It alows one to actually control the pitch with some precision. It has weight. I also appreciate the slow trim speed for the same reason. I understand that they timed this so it's bang on.

Edit: I actually missread what you wrote there but I will leave what I wrote so that I have some positives to say regarding this plane. It's really not all bad. It's just the bad part is so bad it's unflyable. It does seem to take an awful lot of trim but I have no idea of the reality of that so won't be whinging about it. At least until I have more experience flying it but that won't happen until they acknowledge and fix the comedy yaw.

I am curious of your elevtor settings because mine is out of range. Like I said when flaring and you are on the elevator it all of sudden pitches up violently and makes a THUD sound. I will try to up load video.

Chris Chiozza

3 hours ago, Purr said:

Can you show how to do this please?🙏🏼 

But honestly, as @Jazz said, it's not worth it.  Removing the aileron-rudder interlock doesn't change the yaw problems on approach, whatsoever.  (Bold, just for assertive effect 😄).   It behaves exactly the same.   I suspect the issue is some bad configuration in the Flight_model.cfg file.  There are dozens of variables relating to yaw.   If I get some time, I plan to sit down for a day and try dozens of tweaks to the FM file, to see if I can get to the bottom of this.  It wouldn't be the first time a user solves a showstopper before the developer does.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 hours ago, cchiozza said:

I am curious of your elevtor settings because mine is out of range.

I'll try to remember when the sim is running next to look at this for you but not sure when that is going to be.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion it would be great if they could just use the ground handling on the Citation or longitude....I know BUT ITS NOT REAL. But the way it is now mostly unusable which is ashame because of model it self. At least then it wont ruin the takeoff and landing. I have flown private jets, Eclipse 500 and the citation is close. I know you have to account for Pfactor, I would rather have the PC12 with no P factor and be able to use it. I just hate the takeoff and landing...

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

21 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

I would rather have the PC12 with no P factor and be able to use it. I just hate the takeoff and landing...

Its like you saying I'd rather fly on magic carpet than real airplane LO Wait SWS is going to fix/tweak they FM but do not give up on P-factor  because physics work! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Its like you saying I'd rather fly on magic carpet than real airplane LO Wait SWS is going to fix/tweak they FM but do not give up on P-factor  because physics work! 

I get it...PC 12 is no magic carpet for sure on the ground or in flare sure. Physics do indeed work but in this case at the very least it should have been Early Access and the folks reviewing could have assisted with this. Dont mind paying but it has to work. TRIAL

Chris Chiozza

3 hours ago, cchiozza said:

I get it...PC 12 is no magic carpet for sure on the ground or in flare sure. Physics do indeed work but in this case at the very least it should have been Early Access and the folks reviewing could have assisted with this. Dont mind paying but it has to work. TRIAL

As of right now PC-12 has several outstanding issues  for me yawing/slipping during landing with disregarding rudder trim adjustment. PMS GTN750/TDS NXI issue with autopilot. The take off problem were solved in the last patch for me. I don't have trouble taking off past 80 kts anymore.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI