Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Anyone tried Gees 2.0

Aren't there lots of free landing rate analysers?  

My sort of landing analysis is either "Nice!" , "Not bad!", or "Oof!".   I don't really need numbers beyond that 😄

But if I did, all the free versions I've seen would be ahead on the list, rather than buying one on Simmarket.   I know it's cheap and probably has more features, but how obsessed can someone get with their landings?   The real world is analogue and you just know the difference between -300 FPM and -2 FPM. 🙂

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

45 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I have the free ones as well. I am more interested in the auto replay. Half the time I forget to start replay when on approach. 

I agree…that would be a benefit for me also as I often forget to start replay.

Garry

Garry Lundberg

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I have the free ones as well. I am more interested in the auto replay. Half the time I forget to start replay when on approach. 

I would use it for auto replay also. 8 bucks not bad. A auto replay of the takeoff and landing would make it even better. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I would use it for auto replay also. 8 bucks not bad. A auto replay of the takeoff and landing would make it even better.

Hi, I'll update it in the future and this is on the list. The first month I just want to make sure that everything works for everyone without hiccups.

Don't have any reviews, but also no complaints yet, so I guess it works as promised for most of the people. 
Edited by scelt

You have to be careful with landing rate analyzers. Some addons that measure this do it in raw FPS. So if you land on a downward-sloping runway, those addons think you landed really hard even though you didn't.

I made this one to read it from the game, the sim itself outputs the values on the touchdown.

It takes into account the runway slope. 

• Like 2

it's how the msfs' replay works, you need to click to "record" the camera under "camera track recording", and then you can change the views as much as you like. also using the msfs' drone camera or similar stuff. 

then you can also replay the new recording with the new camera angles, by changing the camera tracks. 

it's a bit of fiddling, but it does work nice. once you record it, you can hide stuff and when you replay with the new camera angles then make a video or whatever. I believe this is the intended goal of it. 

15 hours ago, scelt said:

it's how the msfs' replay works, you need to click to "record" the camera under "camera track recording", and then you can change the views as much as you like. also using the msfs' drone camera or similar stuff. 

then you can also replay the new recording with the new camera angles, by changing the camera tracks. 

it's a bit of fiddling, but it does work nice. once you record it, you can hide stuff and when you replay with the new camera angles then make a video or whatever. I believe this is the intended goal of it. 

Thanks, I will try again, I only did a 5 min test so will get this figured out.  Otherwise all worked well.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Also interested to hear some first hand experiences.  I too often forget to record landings given everything going on. 

When reading about a new product, I like to play a game of, "how much are they going to ask for this?" and I had guessed $9.99, so this is the rare item to be less than I guessed at $8.  Given all the landing practice I do, it seems a reasonably good value for me.  I'll likely buy this later today...

Edited by Iiari
  • Like 2

Thanks!

I too, as an author, have almost no feedback until now (as you noticed), except a chance sim-crash review which is almost certainly not because of the app, but managed to dig me a nice 1 star average hole... 

I guess it's working well as I get no feedback and there's been now enough downloads to hear about some big issues. It's probably "does what it says" overall feeling at the moment. 

If you bought it and you like it and it works for you, please write a short review on the simmarket or on the flightsimto, wherever you bought it. Or just send me any problems, or any feedback, I put a public subreddit for this, and also have a support email.

Write it here, anywhere :)  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

yeah, I also maintain a free (old) app. it's even an open source https://github.com/scelts/gees

tricky part is to make it work in-game. and it opens many possibilities (such as replay) which are still not available with the external apps. 

and to be fair, I got fed up starting 5 exe files before the sim. I tried to reduce one.