Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Lubbock - none flatter!

Welcome to Lubbock, heart of the West Texas Alpine District.

SrJkYaK.jpg

M5h0cC5.jpg

8qVA7jR.jpg

yV4AhCC.jpg

q8GlRju.jpg

AtPs3OC.jpg

z3VgGJS.jpg

3bdyOAe.jpg

q0aDeIQ.jpg

HkOO0n6.jpg

Home of the big sky, by the looks of things. I feel a Who moment coming on ("I can see for miles, and miles, and miles and miles . . .")

• Like 8

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Boy, that's flat ! We have a saying in Northern Germany: it's so flat here that you can already see on Wednesday, who will be visiting you on Sunday 🙂

• Like 3

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Fine set and a nice little airport !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, andy1252 said:

...West Texas Alpine District.

...🙂...the word "Alpine" may be bit of an overstatement...Andy... (I resided in Austin (TX) for several years...pretty flat too...but look who is talking now living in the midwest...🙂...)

Anyway, a very nice set of pics and, of course, I like your choice of plane...

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 9:59 AM, bernd1151 said:

Boy, that's flat ! We have a saying in Northern Germany: it's so flat here that you can already see on Wednesday, who will be visiting you on Sunday 🙂

Cheers, Bernd! Love that saying, plus of course it also implies you've got plenty of time to get away if you don't want to see them!

On 1/21/2024 at 5:13 PM, pmplayer said:

Fine set and a nice little airport !

cheers 😉

On 1/21/2024 at 10:17 PM, P_7878 said:

...🙂...the word "Alpine" may be bit of an overstatement...Andy... (I resided in Austin (TX) for several years...pretty flat too...but look who is talking now living in the midwest...🙂...)

Anyway, a very nice set of pics and, of course, I like your choice of plane...

Cheers PMP and P! All a bit of an accidental discovery. I'd logged on to IniManager for the A600 update, and spotted KLBB for sale there as a new release. All I knew about Lubbock was Buddy Holly so I thought I'd grab a copy and take a look round. Glad I did, I like these wide open flatlands, and I shall go back and have a low level cruise around and see what I can discover. It's often surprising what little detail gems are out in these places. And I am geting to be quite fond of the PC-12s and TBMs these days, along with the FSR 500. All in all, pretty happy with the sim at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Very Nice!!!

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 1/20/2024 at 5:02 PM, andy1252 said:

Welcome to Lubbock, heart of the West Texas Alpine District.

Having lived and worked near this area for a few years before escaping back to civilization (DFW), definitely nothing “Alpine” about it 😆 More like cotton fields and oil wells for miles (sprinkle a few wind turbines here and there). Great scenery though, nice to see our state getting covered. 👌

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+