Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

ATR 72-500 released?

Hi,What's with the announcement on Avsim front page?Didn't the FSX update come in June ?Tero

PPL(A)

Yup it came in june... But I think the difference is that with the June patch your first needed the FS9 version to be installed for it to work in FSX. It actually copied files from the FS9 folders to the FSX ones...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Yes, it came out months ago; it's old news.Perhaps it was a quiet day for news and they rooted round in the trash can for something to post.:-) It could be that the AVSIM person who wrote the news should instead have spent a bit of time brushing up on their English. I don't suppose we expect perfect English these days and it's not everyone's first language, but whoever wrote...'All gauges visible in an only screen (except for FMC, that requires a separate windows) keeping an excellent readabilty'and 'They have eliminated the complex way in what you have to plan your flight in current commercial FMCs implemented in some of the commercial airliners existing for Microsoft Flight Simulator'...in the FriendlyPanels item is not going to get a job soon writing for a professional publication.Petraeus

Petraeus

I am okay with the language, but I was baffled by the "news" because I had no idea that a new ATR was in the works. Obviously it wasn't.Old news is no news, imo.Tero

PPL(A)

This is probably reporting the release of the 'boxed' product which is now available - previously it was 'download' only, as far as I'm aware.The news item doesn't exactly make this clear though.

One thing to keep in mind is that these guys are volunteers and do not get paid to write the news but do it in their spare time so a few mistakes here and there can certainly be forgiven.