Sign in to follow this  
Zatoichi

FSHud Assigned Altitude?

IFR KONT - KLAS
ATC assigns an altitude of zero/0?

Issue with FSHud or the a320 I was flying? I tried the Mooney as well.
I loaded the flight plan in P3D. Must I enter the plan in FSHud separately?

Edited by Zatoichi

How did you build your flight plan?  I would use simbrief and then just import the flight plan from the fshud menu within the sim.

• Upvote 1

Orman

You have to either import your flightplan from Simbrief or build it in the FSHUD flightplan Edit Screen - excellent tool !

You can also import a flightplan saved in P3D format, with or without SID / STAR

FSHUD is MARVELOUS !!!!!

LOVE IT !!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

FSHUD is MARVELOUS !!!!!

LOVE IT !!!

How experiences can differ. Let's just say I own it but never use it. Good business practice would be to offer potential customers a free trial. I would never have bought it if I could have tested it first.

Peter

54 minutes ago, qqwertz said:

How experiences can differ. Let's just say I own it but never use it. Good business practice would be to offer potential customers a free trial. I would never have bought it if I could have tested it first.

Peter

Well, for me I still place it in the very 1st place among all of my purchases in 2023, with Airlinetools A32x being the only exception, but that's in another league 🙂 and some software for my soaring flights IRL ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:15 AM, jcomm said:

Well, for me I still place it in the very 1st place among all of my purchases in 2023

I have just purchased FSHud and face some issues with flightplan syntax.

LFLL.17L ROMA4S STP ALG MEGA1A LICT.31L

STP is not recognized even it is valid VOR, LICT is in black - not recognized as destination airport.

I am puzzled why such simple plan cannot pass - two airports, SID and STAR plus two VOR's on the way.

Also manual says that to correct syntax i have 'correct button' in lower right corner - there is nothing like that.

Any help would be appreciated

Artur 

24 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I have just purchased FSHud and face some issues with flightplan syntax.

LFLL.17L ROMA4S STP ALG MEGA1A LICT.31L

STP is not recognized even it is valid VOR, LICT is in black - not recognized as destination airport.

I am puzzled why such simple plan cannot pass - two airports, SID and STAR plus two VOR's on the way.

Also manual says that to correct syntax i have 'correct button' in lower right corner - there is nothing like that.

Any help would be appreciated

Far from simming PC.

Are you using Navigraph subscription so that FSHUD has access to up-2-date data ?

This is my only quirk with FSHUD - that whenever my Navigraph Subscription is inactive FSHUD reverts to an old version of the database.

Will try to test it in my setup, now only with MFS 2020 and report back.

Main Simulation Rig:

I have installed latest Navigraph database 2401 rev.1

So far not impressed with it, that flight plan syntax is annoying feature...

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

Using manual edit with auto-completion the flight planner suggested:

LFLL.17R ROMA4S ROMAM DCT STP DCT ALG M732 MEGAN MEGA1A VETUR VETUR CI31L

which looks more consistent with reality ...

I opened the editor and typed LFLL which gave rise to various options :

LFLL.17R with ROMA4S being one of them - I chose it...

then LFLL.17R ROMA4S   typed Space and obtained suggestion "ROMAM waypoint", which I chose ...

then again Space and chose DCT Space and typed STP then Space chose DCT again and then typed ALG then M732 Airway to MEGAN Space and picked MEGA1A among the SID options and finally Space and VETUR - VORDME-Z/ILS-Z 31L LICT was suggested, and I picked it resulting in VETUR, Space and suggestion for VETUR - transition ILS-Z Approach ILS-Z 31L..

Looks to me a very nice editor.

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Is FSHud better than Pro-ATC-X?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

2 hours ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Is FSHud better than Pro-ATC-X?

Never used Pro-ATC-X but I've heard good opinions about it.

Another excellent app is Pilot2ATC, which I also never used 😞

What attracted me in FSHUD is that it has it's own traffic injection and interacts with the AI traffic controlling it too

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

On 1/31/2024 at 10:13 AM, jcomm said:

What attracted me in FSHUD is that it has it's own traffic injection and interacts with the AI traffic controlling it too

How does it work with Alpha India Group traffic?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

45 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Never used it, but I recall reading good opinions about the "mix"...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

2 hours ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

I use it with AIG traffic in P3d and it works well.  Besides the bugs that fshud has currently, but that has nothing to do with AIG traffic.

i also get better performance now that fshud is injecting the aig traffic instead of AIG Traffc Controller.

• Like 1

Orman

On 1/28/2024 at 11:45 PM, jcomm said:

You have to either import your flightplan from Simbrief or build it in the FSHUD flightplan Edit Screen - excellent tool !

You can also import a flightplan saved in P3D format, with or without SID / STAR

FSHUD is MARVELOUS !!!!!

LOVE IT !!!

Hi jcomm- Will FSHUD allow departing from an uncontrolled airport into a controlled airport?