Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Google Maps enhancement ban

Do you know - by experience or not - after how many GByte of "abuse" Google blocks your Map Enhancement tool client? 

Asking for a friend 🙂

Thanks!

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I don't know but i fly with it all the time. Sometimes it refuse to connect me an pro server 1, so i go to server 2 

Sometimes clear cache résolve the problem 

• Like 2

Frédéric Giraud

Don’t know and don’t want to know 🤣

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I use it all the time, never have had any issue. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use the Pro version several hours a day and am word not allowed of a "ban" or "blocking."  How would I know if it were happening?

Here is what I find in my Google Terms of Service and Quota specifications.  I see nothing about total usage over time - just rates and sizes of requests.

Adjustable quota limits

The following limits may be adjusted on a per-user or per-project basis. See the help page for how to request additional quota.

Quota type Default value
Max concurrent requests (standard endpoint) 40 concurrent requests
Max concurrent requests (high-volume endpoint) 40 concurrent requests
Max rate of requests (per project) 100 requests/s (6000 requests/min)
Max rate of requests (per user) 100 requests/s (6000 requests/min)
Average concurrent batch tasks 2 tasks (on average)
Max asset storage space 250 GB
Max number of assets 10,000

Concurrent interactive requests

Each project can make interactive requests in parallel, up to a quota limit. If the limit is exceeded, Earth Engine will return "HTTP 429: Too Many Requests" errors. Generally, these errors are handled by the Earth Engine client library, which wraps requests in exponential backoff, retrying the query until it succeeds. The Earth Engine client library will retry the request up to five times.

To help avoid receiving these 429 errors, you may want to enable caching for your application, for example using memcache, to avoid redundant queries when possible. If using an older version of the Earth Engine client library that does not retry queries automatically, or if a query is still not completed after five retries, you may need to implement exponential backoff around requests.

Rate of requests (QPS)

In addition to the concurrency limits, Earth Engine limits the rate of interactive requests at the project and user level. These settings can be adjusted in the Cloud Console

Edited by TacomaSailor
  • Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Never heard anyone banned by using the Map Enhancement tool, you simply don't download enough data. You'd need to be using something like Ortho4XP, download large amounts of data consistently, to see a pattern and ban you. Just slowly flying over some terrain uses less data than just opening up Google maps and using it.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

Never heard anyone banned by using the Map Enhancement tool, you simply don't download enough data. You'd need to be using something like Ortho4XP, download large amounts of data consistently, to see a pattern and ban you. Just slowly flying over some terrain uses less data than just opening up Google maps and using it.

You can see the amount of data that the map enhancement mod uses, it is really low. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Does anyone use the Pro version? Is there Much difference between pro and the free version? (Apart from updated maps)

Paul Wain