Sign in to follow this  
scmtech

New User PMDG 737 Questions (MSFS)

2 hours ago, Burge said:

when you start mce, does gsx start up after you should get gsx menu then disappear.remember both engines off.  with this below your ramp agent should kick in then wait gsx pops up with wing walker hello captain.

Notify=ground mechanic from flight deck  
Pause=5
Notify=ground mechanic are you ready for pushback
Pause=10
ground mechanic begin pushback

let me know what is in your scripe. its working fine for me

cheers Burge

When I start MCE, GSX does not start up. Both engines are off when I'm at the gate.

I did a test with your exact script setup as a new script, and no luck with GSX - it just does the built in/default pushback - mechanic says "pushing straight".

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

so its gsx, r u up to date with gsx also have you got power to aircraft,  a good way to know if gsx is working  or not is your docking sys if that not on then gsx is not on.

Edited by Burge

15 hours ago, Burge said:

so its gsx, r u up to date with gsx also have you got power to aircraft,  a good way to know if gsx is working  or not is your docking sys if that not on then gsx is not on.

Yes, GSX is up to date - version 2.9.8. GSX is working when I use the GSX menus in the sim. Yep, aircraft also has power via battery and APU or GPU depending on the state of the flow.

FWIW, I can't get the GSX pusbback to work with MCE either. I establish contact and then say "ground pushback to the left/right". That opens the GSX menu but MCE doesn't select any option. It just stops.

Also, in the PMDG 737 MCE won't properly accept a fuel figure. When I request refueling via GSX and MCE asks for the amount, I reply with something like "15,000 pounds", but MCE converts that into kilos/tons and puts that into the FMC which obviously doesn't work when pounds are used. When I give MCE a metric value it doesn't do anything.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)

I just use simbrief  for fuel it transfers it to fmc but all the rest is working fine on my 737_700 

When you tell mce to push or pushback that's it gsx will start you get the menu then it will disappear then the wing walker from gsx starts if you filled the steps in prev posts it should work 

Edited by Burge

12 hours ago, Burge said:

I just use simbrief  for fuel it transfers it to fmc but all the rest is working fine on my 737_700 

When you tell mce to push or pushback that's it gsx will start you get the menu then it will disappear then the wing walker from gsx starts if you filled the steps in prev posts it should work 

Yeah, I unfortunately do not even get the GSX menu when trying to initiate it. As a note, I'm using the 737-900.

Thanks again.

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 10:10 PM, scmtech said:

Yes, GSX is up to date - version 2.9.8. GSX is working when I use the GSX menus in the sim. Yep, aircraft also has power via battery and APU or GPU depending on the state of the flow.

Before MCE automatically switches to GSX mode, it checks...

1 - A folder named "fsdreamteam-gsx-pro" is present inside \Community\ folder and has a wasm file named "fsdt-msfs-bridge.wasm" is present inside \Modules\ subfolder. Perhaps you renamed your GSX folder in \Community\ folder.

2 - It then fires the key combination to trigger GSX window.

3 - Waits a bit to check if process "Couatl64_MSFS.exe" is running.

Only when those conditions are met will the switch happen.

I assume you have MCE installed to default folder.

Edited by FS++

8 hours ago, FS++ said:

Before MCE automatically switches to GSX mode, it checks...

1 - A folder named "fsdreamteam-gsx-pro" is present inside \Community\ folder and has a wasm file named "sdt-msfs-bridge.wasm" is present inside \Modules\ subfolder. Perhaps you renamed your GSX folder in \Community\ folder.

2 - It then fires the key combination to trigger GSX window.

3 - Waits a bit to check if process "Couatl64_MSFS.exe" is running.

Only when those conditions are met will the switch happen.

I assume you have MCE installed to default folder.

A "fsdt-msfs-bridge.wasm" file is present in my GSX community folder "\Packages\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\modules".

MCE is installed at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience"

Thanks.

6 hours ago, scmtech said:

A "fsdt-msfs-bridge.wasm" file is present in my GSX community folder "\Packages\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\modules".

MCE is installed at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience"

Thanks.

In "General" tab of MCE UI, click <More options> button

In "Advanced options" panel, click <View config> button.

mce.ini config file will open in Notepad. Ensure....

[OPTIONS]

GroundServicesMode=GSX

Should work as long as GSX is always your preferred ground services. I mean, no need for automatic switching based on detection.

On 4/22/2024 at 2:15 PM, threexgreen said:

Also, in the PMDG 737 MCE won't properly accept a fuel figure. When I request refueling via GSX and MCE asks for the amount, I reply with something like "15,000 pounds", but MCE converts that into kilos/tons and puts that into the FMC which obviously doesn't work when pounds are used. When I give MCE a metric value it doesn't do anything.

Mechanic has built-in awareness regarding Metric vs Imperial.

There is an SDK "WeightInKg" variable which MCE looks at.

Unfortunately, at least in the most recent version of the plane, the variable returns "3" irrespective of the seting in CDU, therefore mechanic will always see it in "Metric". And that's why he's converting.

Maybe worth adding an option in mce.ini for user to declare preference there as a workaround..

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2024 at 5:10 AM, FS++ said:

In "General" tab of MCE UI, click <More options> button

In "Advanced options" panel, click <View config> button.

mce.ini config file will open in Notepad. Ensure....

[OPTIONS]

GroundServicesMode=GSX

Should work as long as GSX is always your preferred ground services. I mean, no need for automatic switching based on detection.

This was set to:
GroundServicesMode=Native
I changed the value to GSX and now MCE can initiate the pushback process.

Thanks for working through this issue.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 2:15 PM, threexgreen said:

If you're on the Ultimate Edition, grab the new patch and replace/add files as per folder structure. If for some reason the PMDG SDK doesn't report the Metric vs Imperial units setting correctly, MCE will use own setting with a new option in [OPTIONS] section inside "mce.ini"

[OPTIONS]

UsingMetricSystem=0   (set it to 1 if using tons for fuel, leave it at zero for pounds.

By default, missing entry in file means NOT using kilograms.