Sign in to follow this  
craigeaglefire

Please be careful of VRFlightSimGuy…

I find a lot of his content useful but just as a starting point. I'll then go and do further research when it comes to making a purchasing decision. I bought a Pico 4 as my first VR headset following his video of it and while I had no regrets with that purchase, the impression he imparted was certainly short of reality. The use of pancake lenses with great edge to edge clarity as he described was certainly not what I was seeing with the couple of Pico 4s I used. I saw in later videos that he revised this claim to being a percentage of the lenses. As with the majority of sources on the web, do more research before coming to a conclusion.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 2/15/2024 at 4:08 AM, craigeaglefire said:

as an influencer - he has many dissatisfied followers - just think of some Aero & Pimax Crystal users,

What, is there a consensus that something's wrong with the Crystal? I've been looking pretty hard at it -- tell me why I shouldn't get it?

1 hour ago, eslader said:

What, is there a consensus that something's wrong with the Crystal? I've been looking pretty hard at it -- tell me why I shouldn't get it?

there are quite a few quality control issues that have been fairly widely reported…

you need to judge for yourself…

20 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

there are quite a few quality control issues that have been fairly widely reported…

you need to judge for yourself…

Ah that.  Yeah. It's been looking like they might be getting that under control, but I'm still a ways out from pulling the trigger. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 8:19 AM, blueshark747 said:

Well of course eventually they want to chase the real money...

He's trying to make a living...

I have not watched the gentleman in question very much. However, I have a jaundice view of anyone being paid to give advice on YouTube. It is just another form of advertisement.  Advertisement is meant to promote the good points of your produce or service. Truth, veracity, or fairness are secondary.

• Like 1

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 8:38 AM, Sethos said:

Guy who isn't intelligent enough to come off as fair and balanced.

unlike "sadly it's bradley"

https://www.youtube.com/@SadlyItsBradley

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Not sure what the fuss is about and why he should warrant such a discussion.  I think we can all make our minds up for ourselves and I personally find him quite helpful.  He is trying to appeal to a wide audience so promotes a range of headsets for different budgets and switches between them.  There's always a conflict of interest when somebody is paid to publish opinions and we should always bear that in mind, but he seems to be about as honest as he can without losing his sponsorship.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 1:36 AM, Grindathotte said:

Not sure what the fuss is about and why he should warrant such a discussion.  I think we can all make our minds up for ourselves and I personally find him quite helpful.  He is trying to appeal to a wide audience so promotes a range of headsets for different budgets and switches between them.  There's always a conflict of interest when somebody is paid to publish opinions and we should always bear that in mind, but he seems to be about as honest as he can without losing his sponsorship.

His sponsorship dictates his bias reviews, according to him every VR he uses is the best its total BS.

I also cant stand watching SimHanger Flight Simulation I think his reviews are Bias sponsored also.  they are the 2 YouTubers I aviod. Poeple will say he has good tutorials but there are plenty of other good youtubers out there.

Edited by jason74
  • Like 1

Jason Richards

9 hours ago, jason74 said:

His sponsorship dictates his bias reviews, according to him every VR he uses is the best its total BS.

I also cant stand watching SimHanger

Watching and trusting are not the same thing.  I watch these bloggers and SimHanger seems more interesting to me.  But I never trust just one source.  You can watch them to get new information, but you need to draw conclusions after comparing the opinions of different bloggers.

Garber Sergey

He has pointed out flaws in products and certainly did not like the DPVR E4.  He also mentioned that some people on his Discord channel were having problems with Pimax customer service and that that might put some people off buying the Crystal.  As for which is the best headset; that is so subjective I just treat it like I would anyone else's opinion, it certainly does not dictate what is best for me.  If you are afraid of bias, you need to turn your computer, TV and phone off.  Don't think I am defending him, or am a loyal fan or something, he is just someone else out there demonstrating our hobby who is no worse than anyone else.

• Like 1