Sign in to follow this  
Searnhardt

No planes parked at KMIA

Apparently KMIA requires transponders off on ground because all traffic disappears immediately after landing.  PSXT usually uses historical parking information to provide static planes at some of the gates.    However all the gates are empty.   I’m using the Latinvfr airport but the stock airport is empty also.  Anyone else have this issue?

9 minutes ago, Searnhardt said:

Apparently KMIA requires transponders off on ground because all traffic disappears immediately after landing.  PSXT usually uses historical parking information to provide static planes at some of the gates.    However all the gates are empty.   I’m using the Latinvfr airport but the stock airport is empty also.  Anyone else have this issue?

The airport files are not empty. Tick park soft in the PSXT UI, put max fit at 47 and use a high parking percentage, say 80%.

43 minutes ago, Searnhardt said:

Thank you Kirk,

That worked, although had to use 100% to get the planes

Stan

That seems strange. I'm.able to get a decent amount of parked planes at KMIA with 30% parking.

I flew out of KMIA last night for first time ever and noticed that it was empty, noticed this email thread today and tried your fix, Nico. I set it to park soft and 80% on the park percentage, but as it started loading in the traffic, it reverts back to 30% and i only wind up with about a dozen static planes, which is better than 0, but not sure why the percentage is not holding at what I set it at. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

I assume the problems with the live traffic moving on the ground is part of the issues with the Real Traffic data.

PS had same issues at KMSY, although everywhere else is looking fantastic! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Tremaine said:

Nico. I set it to park soft and 80% on the park percentage, but as it started loading in the traffic, it reverts back to 30% and i only wind up with about a dozen static planes, which is better than 0, but not sure why the percentage is not holding at what I set it at. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

When an airport file is read, it takes the percentage that is stored in the accompanying learned file . In there you probably still had 30.

Run a session  at KMIA again with 80, then exit PSXT.  From then on you will always get 80.

I know soft parking is really the only option for MIA, but it's certainly not ideal. Traffic is parked all over the place and not at the correct gates or terminals even. The data stream has to be improved! 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

13 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I know soft parking is really the only option for MIA, but it's certainly not ideal. Traffic is parked all over the place and not at the correct gates or terminals even. The data stream has to be improved! 

Or make a handmade airport file for the time being.

Is there a dedicated place (like a subforum or something) where we can share handmade airports to make it easier to collaborate on airports that have spotty coverage (KMIA, KDTW, KSTL to name a few)? 

I have made handmades of KDTW and KSTL that I'd be willing to share with others, and I might peek at creating one for KMIA by moving aircraft of the soft-data to proper airlined gates

Seanhardt...thanks for starting this topic.  I was having same problem at KMIA and other airports and couldn't understand why.  Strange thing is until a few weeks ago I was getting plenty full airport at KMIA with park percentage at even 30% and my norm at large airports is 50% which generates many planes. 

I have notice this problem recently at other airports too.

What are handmade airports?

On 2/26/2024 at 11:30 AM, AeroMaster12 said:

Is there a dedicated place (like a subforum or something) where we can share handmade airports to make it easier to collaborate on airports that have spotty coverage (KMIA, KDTW, KSTL to name a few)? 

I have made handmades of KDTW and KSTL that I'd be willing to share with others, and I might peek at creating one for KMIA by moving aircraft of the soft-data to proper airlined gates

Yes...I would like a copy of the handmades.  Thanks.