Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix Cabin Announcements or lack thereof.

I found out today that in the windows audio mixer, there is a setting for Fenix.Gqlgateway. If that isn't turned all the way up, you may not hear the cabin announcements or they will be very low. I found out t hat after turning all volumes on cabin announcements to max, on the Fenix audio panel, you still maybe only hear one or two announcements, if you get any at all, and then it goes silent. 

I have A Pilots Life V2 which has a plug in with cabin announcements,  they are loud, and always function  at the proper time, so I think I am just not going to bother with the Fenix announcements. YMMV

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Redge said:

Did you turn on the PA audio in the cockpit? From the Fenix KnowledgeBase, they show you how to do that, so that you get the audio from the announcements in the flight deck too:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/cabin-announcements

I guess you didn't read the second line in my post....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Are you 100% sure that the announcements are actually not playing? I had a hard time hearing them in flight as well but they are just pretty quiet even with the PA at max volume, you could try a flight with the MSFS headphone simulation turned on.

I am not getting these announcements at all, because this Fenix.Gqlgateway does not appear in my Volume mixer in Windows....

Somehow I don't think it is starting when I run the Fenix. I have reinstalled twice, and everything else is working as normal but this seems not to.

If anyone has any ideas it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, abennett said:

I am not getting these announcements at all, because this Fenix.Gqlgateway does not appear in my Volume mixer in Windows....

Somehow I don't think it is starting when I run the Fenix. I have reinstalled twice, and everything else is working as normal but this seems not to.

If anyone has any ideas it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

If you don't get that gateway, you won't hear anything. I get the Gateway, volume all the  way up on the ghateway, and so far I have heard one announcement and then it quit.

spacer.png

They are absolutely working, just follow the steps in the description.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Redge said:

Did you turn on the PA audio in the cockpit? From the Fenix KnowledgeBase, they show you how to do that, so that you get the audio from the announcements in the flight deck too:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/cabin-announcements

Not just the PA knob..... but also the CAB knob, to hear both calls from the cabin crew to the flight deck, and also announcements made by the cabin crew to the passengers.

Both need to be clicked, then rotated to the right (clockwise).

Crank 'em up!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

46 minutes ago, techman said:

They're not absolutely working if the Fenix.GqlGateway is not showing up in Volume Mixer

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, abennett said:

They're not absolutely working if the Fenix.GqlGateway is not showing up in Volume Mixer

That's not showing up in my system volume mixer.   Only my main sound device and Mozilla Firefox.   And the announcements are working fine for me. (As long as PA and CAB knobs have both been turned on and up).

I mean clearly they are activated for the Fenix sound engine (and turned up to max) but they are not listed in the mixer.

Perhaps it depends on OS (Win 10 or 11) and other config factors.

Edited by JYW

Bill

51 minutes ago, techman said:

I followed each and every step at least 10 times. Any other suggestions?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, JYW said:

That's not showing up in my system volume mixer.   Only my main sound device and Mozilla Firefox.   And the announcements are working fine for me. (As long as PA and CAB knobs have both been turned on and up).

Is anything from Fenix showing up in volume mixer?

If you wouldn't mind checking this whilst an announcement is in progress it would be great.

28 minutes ago, JYW said:

Not just the PA knob..... but also the CAB knob, to hear both calls from the cabin crew to the flight deck, and also announcements made by the cabin crew to the passengers.

Both need to be clicked, then rotated to the right (clockwise).

Crank 'em up!

Been  there, done  that, NG

spacer.png

Just now, abennett said:

Is anything from Fenix showing up in volume mixer?

If you wouldn't mind checking this whilst an announcement is in progress it would be great.

No, nothing for Fenix in the sound mixer.

I'm in the Fenix now, configuring on the ground.  Give me 2 mins and I'll check and report back. 👍

• Like 1

Bill

I've been told by the Fenix team that the Fenix.GqlGateway application is the application that produces the sounds you hear in the announcements. So it would be weird if you were getting these sounds without that app running! You should see it in Task Manager!

• Like 1