Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

The 6 Japanese Airports of the Japan World Update...

You may have already visited these 6 airports of Japan that came bundled (free) with the Japan WU, but, after my (belated) installation of it this week and having visited the Nagasaki Airport (RJFU) in my previous 2 posts, if you are interested, please find here a few snapshots for each of the other 5 Airports (flown with the perennial favorite DC-3 in different liveries).

1. Nagasaki Airport (RJFU) - Please see my previous posts.
  2. Kushiro Airport (RJCK) - 1st group of 4 Screenshots (1-4) below - With Sabena
  3. Hachijojima Airport (RJTH) - 2nd group of 4 Screenshots (5-8) below - With Lufthansa
  4. Kerama Airport (ROKR) - 3rd group of 4 Screenshots (9-12) below - With Qantas
  5. Shimojishima Airport (RORS) - 4th group of 4 Screenshots (13-16) below - With Swiss
  6. Suwanosejima Airport (RJX8) - (* Also see note below) - 5th group of 4 Screenshots (17-20) below - With Varig

(*) Note and caution:
Suwanosejima Airport (#6 above) feels almost like a Bush Strip but has an Asphalt Runway of 2,700 ft length. On retrospect, I should not have tried to lift off it with the bulky and cumbersome DC-3...especially with that precipitous drop right at the end of the Runway (see picture below). Somehow, I made it safely off the grounds, but a DC-3 is probably not advised, so, understanding that a (virtual) DC-3 Driver here is on a closed course....🙂..., you may simulate flight from this airport on your desktop, but under advisement...🙂...

For each successive group of 4 screenshots, the times of the day are set to (6am, 9am, 12noon, 3pm, and 6pm) respectively i.e., dawn to dusk.

Hope you enjoy this collection of images. Thanks for viewing...!!

VGfd5T.png

YOw03N.png

SFQT7Q.png

WmouTn.png

xkPpcz.png

58LAap.png

OcbxoK.png

FSJfvP.png

Az4i6Q.png

enTq94.png

0j0prZ.png

qgIId8.png

6MewGH.png

X0Zbmz.png

gBfPOw.png

gtrOFo.png

uHgLv2.png

lrtvSa.png

ebKwb9.png

txpMcr.png

• Like 6

Those close-ups of the Swiss and Varig DC-3's show some loving attention to detail (and sunlight)!

• Like 1

Beautiful set, always like to see the DC-3 !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I would only suggest to try different DC-3 liveries when you fly in Japan 😅. Nice shots!. To me, every japanese aiport is a fine piece of art.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers