Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Let's start a new Corona Muni (KAJO)

It's always cool to start a new project, isn't it? Let's go and let's try to build... a new Corona Muni (KAJO). The awful autogenerated building visible in the below picture will disappeared in few second and I will check if my draft Blender 3D Fuel Island fits in MSFS.

KBzT88Y.jpeg

There're cool material available online. The Corona Municipal airport is one among the few airport I know that are covered airside by Google Street View. See this post on AVSIM if you're interested: 

... but also Bird Eyes View from Bing:

3gW1h4n.png

My first raw draft (but my skill won't deliver much better 😉) in Blender should recreate something that will remind the Fuel Island. Help with an appropriate ground marking, it should be interesting.

5f1npQn.png

For the record, I was in touch with MojaveHigh regarding his now dead project of Corona available for years on flightsim.to.

Wish me all the best 🙂

• Like 17

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Popped there for lunch last year. Nice place. Good luck with your creation. 

• Like 1

Kudos, mate 🍻! I've been flight-simming for 35-40 years now, and I still have no clue about making scenery, lol.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

What is that?  Some sort of sun-shade or pavilion over the fuel pump area?

Also, I used to use gmax about 15 years ago.  Is there a big learning curve with Blender?   Do I still need PhotoShop?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 hours ago, Mace said:

What is that?  Some sort of sun-shade or pavilion over the fuel pump area?

Yes, a "Fuel Island"

4z6Emvc.png

6 hours ago, Mace said:

Also, I used to use gmax about 15 years ago.  Is there a big learning curve with Blender?   Do I still need PhotoShop?

I guess it's going way easier than me who has zero skill in this. Blender is known as powerful but definitely not the easiest. But in 2024, Internet is full a learning resources. 

In your creator toolbox, a 2D paint tool is a must have as well as a vector tool like Inkspace.

Vincent B.

Good choice! I would love to see a decent Chino, KCNO...that should be one to consider down the road. As always thank you for all your hard work and great sceneries!

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Posted (edited)

I have finished all the major work. The whole airport is covered. Something like 90% of the job is done. Now, I have to go into the detail and fix minor issue. And find some spare time to do so. Plenty of pic in the screenshots forum: 

Request to the community: If someone can help to make a Aris Helicopter livery for this free Sikorsky S58 (from Helijah) https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/s58-34f9cbff00cc4384846f4affb43dc417

Please let me know if it easy for you to make this livery, I’ll put this iconic helicopter on her home. Time for me to look at tutorial how to make repaint 🙂 One more skill missing

uBu8EkD.png

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.