Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Auto Pause at TOD like PMDG Aircraft

I was wonder in if there is away to Auto Pause at TOD. Either an aircraft or add-on program. Nice to be able to plan a long flight. Step away for a bit and come back to finish the flight.

Thanks to all who reply.

Bill McCracken

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, macpilot said:

I was wonder in if there is away to Auto Pause at TOD. Either an aircraft or add-on program. Nice to be able to plan a long flight. Step away for a bit and come back to finish the flight.

Thanks to all who reply.

Bill McCracken

There is the below which lets you set a time until the sim will pause.
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91605-set-future-pause-for-msfs-or-p3d/

Al

Edited by ark

Lorby Time Machine is free and allows you to set a distance from your destination to pause the sim.  Works very well. 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I really don't understand Asobo's attitude towards such a simple issue as "pause".

I still can't work out the idea behind this silly "Active Pause" function.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I really don't understand Asobo's attitude towards such a simple issue as "pause".

I still can't work out the idea behind this silly "Active Pause" function.

They way it seems to me is Active Pause pauses the movement of the plane, but does not pause the sim so you can make changes inside or outside the plane while the plane is temporarily "frozen" in place. The plane's systems are still active, engines are still burning fuel, you can adjust the radios, etc, but since the plane is not moving, you have time to "catch up" and make needed changes. I suppose whether that is useful or not depends on the individual. I would think active pause is most useful to those new to flying, or new to the sim. Active pause is not appropriate for "pause at TOD" use.

Al

Edited by ark

Lorby Time Machine.

Doesn't work with FS2020. Base on Time Machine documentation.

Bill McCracken

3 hours ago, macpilot said:

Lorby Time Machine.

Doesn't work with FS2020. Base on Time Machine documentation.

Bill McCracken

There is a MSFS version available, I use it nearly every airliner flight.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I need to pause the sim through the pause simulation option in the Developer menu otherwise I get a CTD after 30 mins or so.  Pausing this way does seem to stop everything including time but will the Pause at TOD suggestions above work with this pause method?   I suspect not.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

7 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I need to pause the sim through the pause simulation option in the Developer menu otherwise I get a CTD after 30 mins or so.  Pausing this way does seem to stop everything including time but will the Pause at TOD suggestions above work with this pause method?   I suspect not.

Bruce

Huge Thank You for pointing this one out! I had no idea about that function. It's something I'd been missing. The PMDG pause at TOD does stop fuel burn, but not time. Also the PMDG pause at TOD doesn't seem to work if you're going back into a previously saved flight. I also suspect other pause at TOD apps aren't using this one, at least not yet. But I can just set a timer for now and quickly go and use this developer pause if I'm busy with something else. Really great to know. A few years ago I never would have imagined getting excited over a pause function in a flight sim.