Sign in to follow this  
neil-uk

FSUIIPC, Prosim and Prepar3D

Hi Guys, 

I have a few pieces of hardware, but am mainly concerned with a CP Flight 737MCPEL and connecting it to Prepar3D via Prosim. I'm having issues with everything connected to Prosim, bit figured if I get the MCP resolved, the other things will fix themselves too!

So, I am running Prepard3D V5, I am running Prosim in evaluation mode (as for now I am looking to test the hardware) and I have an un-registered version of FSUIIPC. 

The hardware seems to run fine - for example, I can make adjustments on the MCP and all that kind of thing. 

However, when running Prepar3D with Prosim and FSUIIPC - it doesn't seem to be 'seeing' what I am doing on the MCP. 

Prosim says it is connected with Prepar3D and FSUIIPC - but the hardware inputs are not coming through to Prepar3D, despite all these connections saying they're good. 

I expect this is very simple and I've done something wrong! But I am newbie to all this, so any help would be appreciated!

I can't seem to upload the screenshots and they are too big in size, but can be found on this link here.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Neil

Neil, I suspect you need a registered version of FSUIPC for things to work with ProSim. I could be wrong but @John Dowson will confirm.

His father @Pete Dowson also has ProSim so between the two I hope they can assist.

My GoFlight hardware requires a third party software - Goflight Interface Tool (GIT) and that not only enables my hardware to interface with P3D but a registered version of FSUIPC allows me to program buttons and switches to link to P3D..

Regarding screenshots they need hosting on a independent site (Dropbox is one) and you can then link to them individually.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray!

I'm just trying to get everything tested for now, hence using the free versions. I'm obviously happy to buy - but don't want to buy licenses and have someone say "ohh Software X doesn't work with Y" and be a waste of money 🙂 

Neil,

ProSim is a pretty niche product. I only know of Pete who uses it and P3Dv5.

Are you aware there's a ProSim forum here. https://forum.prosim-ar.com/

You're more likely to get help there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use prosim737 because I have a home cockpit. I think the problem is because you are using the pmdg flight model, you have to use the prosim one. Help/updates/add ons tab

ELRD6id.jpeg

I0NejYr.jpeg

Prosimb738 PBR flfight model and visual model for p3d

• Upvote 1

Thanks! @donvodka - looks like that was the issue!

Running the Prosim model fixed it. Shame the PMDG didn't work!

On 3/9/2024 at 3:00 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

a registered version of FSUIPC allows me to program buttons and switches to link to P3D.

If all I want to do is program buttons and switches and use modifier keys (assign two keyboard keys to one joystick button), is there an alternative to FSUIPC?

3 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

If all I want to do is program buttons and switches and use modifier keys (assign two keyboard keys to one joystick button), is there an alternative to FSUIPC?

Home - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)

Some users have profiles for PMDG 747 .

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Home - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)

Some users have profiles for PMDG 747 .

Thank you. Is a manual available as a separate download?  (I rather not install the software without knowing the details about it first.)

2 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Thank you. Is a manual available as a separate download?  (I rather not install the software without knowing the details about it first.)

Go into discovery at the top menu and read. for the sim of your choice.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg