Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Airport Textures

Guest PowderBlue

I was disappointed to see GEX did not alter the airport textures now it looks like I am going from a rainforest to the desert when I land? Any programs or alterations available? THanks for the help

Yes, as mentioned, they are working on this, I believe with the Ultimate Terrain folks....but I could be wrong.I keep saying it, but this also has much to do with landclass. I tried 4 different landclasses, in addition to the default, and all showed the airport areas differently. Some landclass are quite bad in regards to the 'desert look', while some get rid of it almost completely.

Hi Jason, a big update for GEX is almost done, which will include beautifully blending ground airport textures, matched with UTX (highway interchange textures, powerlines,etc), new and optional SW USA desert colors, the (missing from the original release) replacement rock / landslide textures for the 81B's and numerous autogen enhancements and fixes based on the feedback by the users at the Flight1 Ground Environment X Simforums. This is an ongoing and continous process to enhance FSX beyond the limits thought possible.We are also working on a FAQ on the simforums to, for example, guide users how to setup their different landclass and terrain enhancement products like UTX so that GEX is shown in it's full potential.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Guest PowderBlue

Thanks I'll keep an eye out

Good news indeed. Thnaks for the heads up.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.