Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSIPanel Standard or Advanced?

Hi,

since it's actually on sale, I am not sure which one to buy. Standard, Advanced or even Pro (which seems not available yet).

I want to practice mainly approaches. The advanced version seems to focus on failures, but what is the difference between fenix failure set and the FSI one? It it the price worth?

I use FStarter for approaches. Easy to use and cheap at simmarket.com

I use the standard and haven't like upgrading. The good news is, if you do decide to upgrade later, you just need to pay the difference.

5 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

I use the standard and haven't like upgrading. The good news is, if you do decide to upgrade later, you just need to pay the difference.

Do they offer sale for the upgrade either?

When I set up a approach with the FSI and want to do the same approach e.g. five time does it always take long until it set everything up or is it faster when done once?

Just now, 737_800 said:

Do they offer sale for the upgrade either?

When I set up a approach with the FSI and want to do the same approach e.g. five time does it always take long until it set everything up or is it faster when done once?

I don't know. Nothing in the upgraded version appeals to me so I have never kept my eye on upgrade price sales. I mostly use it when my flight session is short, or I am readjusting to an aircraft.

It takes about 5 min or so for each setup. Usually I get the aircraft into the Ready state via the EFB, and setup the approach. Once it's loaded I double-check the ILS info was input correctly.

I don't usually reset the sim between approaches at the same airport. So, after I land I tell FSI to reset it up and a little over 5 min I am back in the air.

2 hours ago, 737_800 said:

The advanced version seems to focus on failures

Watch the video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=McYhsOw21Zw

If you just want simple approaches to repeat, FSiPanel standard is plenty.

IIRC, the failure triggers in Advanced are more detailed than the ones available to use in the Fenix MCDU.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, BrammyH said:

I don't know. Nothing in the upgraded version appeals to me so I have never kept my eye on upgrade price sales. I mostly use it when my flight session is short, or I am readjusting to an aircraft.

It takes about 5 min or so for each setup. Usually I get the aircraft into the Ready state via the EFB, and setup the approach. Once it's loaded I double-check the ILS info was input correctly.

I don't usually reset the sim between approaches at the same airport. So, after I land I tell FSI to reset it up and a little over 5 min I am back in the air.

It takes 5 minutes every time? Then I just can fligh a whole circuit pattern right? That will also need approx, five minutes. Or did I understand anything wrong?

4 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It takes 5 minutes every time? Then I just can fligh a whole circuit pattern right? That will also need approx, five minutes. Or did I understand anything wrong?

The pattern will take however long it takes.

Basically, I spawn in on the runway. I set the airplane to the ready state. I then choose the approach and how far out I want to be. Most of the time, I just set it to the platform altitude for the approach. Or, something like the river visual in KDCA I'll go out as far the first STAR.

Once I hit "move aircraft" it takes about 5-10 min to put the plane into the air where I have specified. After that, it's how long it takes to fly the approach.

If all you want to do is a circuit, you don't need FSI Panel. Just spawn in a runway, set the start and origin approach to the same airport in the plane's MCDU. So, for the river visual you can spawn in on Runway 19 in KDCA and then set the Start to KDCA and Dest to KDCA.

Fsipanel is good if you want to set up an approach in the air,.

2 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

The pattern will take however long it takes.

Basically, I spawn in on the runway. I set the airplane to the ready state. I then choose the approach and how far out I want to be. Most of the time, I just set it to the platform altitude for the approach. Or, something like the river visual in KDCA I'll go out as far the first STAR.

Once I hit "move aircraft" it takes about 5-10 min to put the plane into the air where I have specified. After that, it's how long it takes to fly the approach.

If all you want to do is a circuit, you don't need FSI Panel. Just spawn in a runway, set the start and origin approach to the same airport in the plane's MCDU. So, for the river visual you can spawn in on Runway 19 in KDCA and then set the Start to KDCA and Dest to KDCA.

Fsipanel is good if you want to set up an approach in the air,.

I wanted to train the flare in the fenix but if it takes everytime 5-10 min until I get full ready on 4 miles out this takes way too long.

I was having a great deal of difficulty with the Fenix version one, landing consistently. I decided to invest in FSIPanel and after a week with that app, I could land the A 320 pretty well. Never used it after that, but it was worth it for practicing landings. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

You can fly a circuit in an airliner in 5 minutes.. ???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It does not take 5-10 mins to set up the Fenix on a simple short or long final approach, more like 1½ to 2 mins, 3 at most.

The longest it's ever taken is for a long star arrival into KLAX with a change of weather is 5 mins. That's because it's a 'complicated' arrival, lots of fixes, complicated scenery and it took a while for the Fenix to stabilise in different weather conditions from the start point after it was teleported to the KLAX approach.

Get the Standard version and use the upgrade option to get the Advanced one if it meets your needs.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can fly a circuit in an airliner in 5 minutes.. ???

It doesn't take much longer if you turn to the base leg at 3-4NM. However, without filling out the FMC that would may be add two more minutes. Though it's on sale right now, and using it for training purposes seems doing it's job. WIll think about it.

I bought it initially for the 737, very useful to fly many approaches over a short period of time. On the 737 it takes less than a minute a would say to be ready on final FMS done.

For the Fenix it takes a bit longer, probably 2 minutes.

I upgraded recently to the advanced version not for the failures but for the training scenarios.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Charles737 said:

upgraded recently to the advanced version not for the failures but for the training scenarios

+1

The training scenarios are the feature that makes the advanced version really appealing to me. Here's a detailed writeup of my impressions:

Edited by martinboehme