Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

A320 V2 gsx boarding

So I'm flying the beta version of the a320V2 and when I start the gsx boarding, it just boards one passenger and then stops the boarding.(even when simbrief is loaded) Anyone know a fix?

You mean the A320neo from inibuilds, right? "a320V2" is highly confusing, as there are 5 A320s available by now.

As for your problem: Not using the beta, so no idea. Does it interrupt the boarding or does it say boarding completed? If the former, check all doors are open.

Well it goes like this : 1. I request boarding and the stairs attache to the aircraft

2. The passenger bus arrives/ or not if I have a jetway, then 1 passenger boards the airplane. 
3. The stair/ jetway stay connected until the baggage loading is completed then the ,,boarding completed'' message appears. 

This means the Simbrief pax count was not received by GSX. Are you on the Same Date in MSFS as in the simbrief plan? And before departure time? Also double check your simbrief id in the gsx settings. In the gsx menu dropdown there should be a green simbrief info

Yeah, it does say simbrief ok and when I click it it also tells me my planned pax 

I have experienced exactly the same issue with both the Fenix A320 and the PMDG 737-800. Simbrief is indicating OK within GSX, and shows green. With the Fenix A320, it does not matter whether I use the automated GSX function (with the recommended settings), or call for the different services manually. Refuel truck appears, catering vehicles appear and both do there job. When I call for boarding, either with a jetway or stairs, boarding starts, and then freezes at around 34 passengers. Nothing I have tried to do changes the situation - so I wait until the baggage has been fully loaded, and then abandon GSX. With both aircraft, I ensure passengers are loaded by resetting either the EFB, and loading passengers, cargo and fuel instantly, or setting the payload and fuel in the MCDU. I then pushback, either using Shift P, or the built in pushback options within the Fenix and PMDG. 

George Westwell

Posted (edited)

Deleting previous comment....

The one thing that I have seen screw up GSX is if MSFS runs out of simobjects. There's a limit as to how many it can manage.

I'm experiencing something like this right now after landing. Everything works great until after the marshaller walks away. The GSX loaders and baggage carts disappear. The airplane's doors open, but the jetway does not connect, and de-boarding does not start. I restart Couatl, and it works fine. I think it's because I've been setting up GSX while in the air. I've always got a few extra seconds before capturing the localizer, so I usually pick my gate in GSX then. I've had my AIG TC slider set in the 60-70% range, so there's always lots of traffic already spawned around me (and getting thicker all the time as I regularly fire up the AIG installer and let it add new airlines when I'm not using my computer) so I think MSFS isn't loading the GSX objects. I think there are 2 versions of each of the GSX models, a static one and an animated one, (I might be misinterpreting something I read a while back) and I'm thinking MSFS can't load the animated model after the static one gets deleted at boarding because there are too many simobjects. I've been lowering my TC slider a couple of percent after each flight when I see the problem. If I do the same flight during less busy airport hours, it usually works fine.

It does not feel like a GSX problem to me. It feels like MSFS is struggling to do something.

One last note. I haven't flown any PMDG aircraft in a couple of weeks. Aamir fixed a problem that was apparently somewhat unique to me that was preventing me from being able to successfully complete most flights in the Fenix since last August. She's working fine now (Thanks Aamir!) so I've been making up for lost time. I'll have to do a few 737 flights to see if the issue happens with it. Okay. Two last notes. I am loving the fact that ever since Fenix2GSX got released, automated flows based on the Simbrief plans have become standard.  

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I think there are 2 versions of each of the GSX models, a static one and an animated one, (I might be misinterpreting something I read a while back)

Only for the VGDS, which are the only models GSX loads as soon as you enter an airport (if you use a profile that comes with GSX VGDS, of course), the other models are only loaded on demand and have only one version (in multiple LODs', of course)

Which is why, if your airport profile comes with a lot of VGDS, you can save on the maximum number of objects, if you set the option in the profile to not create static VGDS so, instead of creating all the static ones + the animated one for the gate you are using, it will create ONLY the one for the gate you are using, and only after you select a gate.

This of course means you won't see any VGDS which are not of your assigned parking spot, but (depending how many GSX VGDS an airport profile has defined), will reduce GSX contribution to reaching the maximum Simobject limit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Only for the VGDS, which are the only models GSX loads as soon as you enter an airport (if you use a profile that comes with GSX VGDS, of course), the other models are only loaded on demand and have only one version (in multiple LODs', of course)

Which is why, if your airport profile comes with a lot of VGDS, you can save on the maximum number of objects, if you set the option in the profile to not create static VGDS so, instead of creating all the static ones + the animated one for the gate you are using, it will create ONLY the one for the gate you are using, and only after you select a gate.

This of course means you won't see any VGDS which are not of your assigned parking spot, but (depending how many GSX VGDS an airport profile has defined), will reduce GSX contribution to reaching the maximum Simobject limit.

Thank you, sir. I missed the part about it being the VGDS only.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Yeah, for me, gsx work perfectly fine with any other aircraft at any airport, but the Inibuilds a320 gsx boarding never works anywhere 

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 8:08 PM, Hyper14 said:

Yeah, for me, gsx work perfectly fine with any other aircraft at any airport, but the Inibuilds a320 gsx boarding never works anywhere 

Boarding with the iniBuilds A320 works in general, but there a issue with it:

Other iniBuilds sets a custom LVar to set their internal passenger number. GSX reads this, so the passenger number would be in sync even if you don't use Simbrief. This works for A300 and the A310 but, for some reason, in the A320 the variable is not set even if you specify a certain number of passengers in the EFB, so it stays to 0. This confused GSX a bit, because it assumed that, if the variable is there, it would be used, but in this case, it wasn't (remember, the airplane is still a BETA!), so GSX ended up setting a 0-passenger number IF Simbrief was used.

We fixed this in today's update, 2.9.7 that, if an airplane sets a custom variable for the number of passengers, but it doesn't use it (so it's still 0), GSX won't use it and will instead either look on Simbrief or estimate the passengers based on Payload, as it normally does.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:38 PM, virtuali said:

Boarding with the iniBuilds A320 works in general, but there a issue with it:

Other iniBuilds sets a custom LVar to set their internal passenger number. GSX reads this, so the passenger number would be in sync even if you don't use Simbrief. This works for A300 and the A310 but, for some reason, in the A320 the variable is not set even if you specify a certain number of passengers in the EFB, so it stays to 0. This confused GSX a bit, because it assumed that, if the variable is there, it would be used, but in this case, it wasn't (remember, the airplane is still a BETA!), so GSX ended up setting a 0-passenger number IF Simbrief was used.

We fixed this in today's update, 2.9.7 that, if an airplane sets a custom variable for the number of passengers, but it doesn't use it (so it's still 0), GSX won't use it and will instead either look on Simbrief or estimate the passengers based on Payload, as it normally does.

I don't know what is wrong with my plane but I still does the same thing today:)

On 4/2/2024 at 8:18 AM, Hyper14 said:

I don't know what is wrong with my plane but I still does the same thing today:)

The airplane surely will do the same thing, since it hasn't been updated, so we don't know if it's not setting the passengers variable intentionally, or it was just an oversight.

However, if you have the latest GSX update installed, it won't trust the airplane passenger variable if it's 0, and it will use Simbrief directly.