Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

QualityWings didn't renew their trademark? Any more news?

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

This library IS full of great freeware in the FS9/FSX era. 😉

Just click the Avsim link in my sig...go to the last page and work your way back and take a trip thru memory lane, hehe.   I had a lot more uploads posted before the great Avsim site hack of yesteryear where almost the entire library was wiped.  I re-uploaded some of my stuff, but never completed it all because of the archaic and labor-intensive upload procedures here. 

You easily identify the simmers that are unaware of what "POSKY" is every time they question the linage and experience of @sherv_BBS and the laughable implication that Bluebird is a "new" Developer with untested experience.  While it technically is a new Dev...its like thinking GE is a new aircraft engine manufacturer because your only exposure to their brand is buying their lightbulbs in the store. 🙂

POSKY's external models back in the day were so good, the community created a merge with the LDS 767 systems and cockpit (2d mind you), because it was better than the payware LDS external model.

Here are 2 of the many paints I did for that excellent package.... (The AA was a collaboration I did with Ed Cox way back when...I have not seen him lately, hope he's ok).

0olq8r.jpg

fQdumh.jpg

Yep...those are FS2004 screens!

Some of us old freeware contributors are still around...just a lot older, a little more tired, but still willing to put out free paints for the community.  I figure I'm doing the PMDG 777, 747, and then I'm out.  Of course...you may see some BlueBird metal from me as well, who knows?🤔

Not trying to date myself but I flew the word not allowed out of that AA livery with the LDS merge!  I and many others have always appreciated your contributions to our community!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

This library IS full of great freeware in the FS9/FSX era. 😉

Just click the Avsim link in my sig...go to the last page and work your way back and take a trip thru memory lane, hehe.   I had a lot more uploads posted before the great Avsim site hack of yesteryear where almost the entire library was wiped.  I re-uploaded some of my stuff, but never completed it all because of the archaic and labor-intensive upload procedures here. 

You easily identify the simmers that are unaware of what "POSKY" is every time they question the linage and experience of @sherv_BBS and the laughable implication that Bluebird is a "new" Developer with untested experience.  While it technically is a new Dev...its like thinking GE is a new aircraft engine manufacturer because your only exposure to their brand is buying their lightbulbs in the store. 🙂

POSKY's external models back in the day were so good, the community created a merge with the LDS 767 systems and cockpit (2d mind you), because it was better than the payware LDS external model.

Here are 2 of the many paints I did for that excellent package.... (The AA was a collaboration I did with Ed Cox way back when...I have not seen him lately, hope he's ok).

Yep...those are FS2004 screens!

Some of us old freeware contributors are still around...just a lot older, a little more tired, but still willing to put out free paints for the community.  I figure I'm doing the PMDG 777, 747, and then I'm out.  Of course...you may see some BlueBird metal from me as well, who knows?🤔

Funny Steve you mentioned this and a flashback, I was a small part of Level-d back in the day. Besides that I had over 1.5 million (which was a milestone) downloads in repaints and freeware aircraft with a truck load on awards.

I believe my cockpit mod and AA stuff generate some traffic too...

Lost a lot of files and data during the AVSIM hack... Did re-upload a few files but not even close to all... As for the merge at that time well I'm biased here lol
Thank you for the kind reminder and flashback even the hack...
But as for now, I embrace the current flightsim era some amazing stuff 🙂 and back to the OP and QW...

Edited by virtualstuff
  • Like 1

André

18 hours ago, virtualstuff said:

Funny Steve you mentioned this and a flashback, I was a small part of Level-d back in the day. Besides that I had over 1.5 million (which was a milestone) downloads in repaints and freeware aircraft with a truck load on awards.

I believe my cockpit mod and AA stuff generate some traffic too...

Lost a lot of files and data during the AVSIM hack... Did re-upload a few files but not even close to all... As for the merge at that time well I'm biased here lol
Thank you for the kind reminder and flashback even the hack...
But as for now, I embrace the current flightsim era some amazing stuff 🙂 and back to the OP and QW...

Good to still see you here....  MG 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:14 PM, micstatic said:

I admit I'm not a big 787 guy.  But don't we have better options for the 787 now than we had with QW anyway?

no we dont.

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/10/2024 at 12:03 PM, Bernard Ducret said:

Horizon and Working Title have done an excellent job to improve the 788/9/X, and it is doubtful that PMDG will venture into this knowing full well that these freeware will be further developed and improved. The same probably happened to FSLabs with the inflation of A320 in MSFS, what is left for them if they were to release an A320 line of aircraft? I had the QualityWing 787 in P3D but would not buy it for MSFS even if they released it tomorrow. Neither would I buy an FSLabs A320. 

FBW, Horizon have redefined what a freeware aircraft is in any flightsim, more to come (A380 among others). Healthy competition perhaps, but let's face it, we now have something we never had in the past, passionate, competent, organised and innovative freeware developers. 

I remember saying the same thing about Fenix. Why are they developing it? There's a free version that's great.

And now look at me. I have the Fenix. I think there'd be a market for PMDG to do the 787, but I'm not convinced that's what they're up to. Their schtick has for a long time been in the "Boeing doesn't suck" era of Boeings. The 787 is wildly different from a systems perspective from the 73/74/77 era. Not that I don't think they *could* tackle it, but I have my doubts that they *would.*

If I had to guess, the "secret" project is that they're gonna release the 747 again, only this time they'll have a VC25 and VC25B in the package.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Good to still see you here....  MG 😉

Time flies and glad to see you still painting 🙌

Edited by virtualstuff

André