Sign in to follow this  
Simtech95382

Rob Richardson's Vampire unexpectantly dies

Posted (edited)

Neat little scooter, but after about twenty minutes of flight and due to fuel starvation out of the left tank, the engine dies. I find no way to switch tanks using ctrl-w, alt-w or shift-w, shift-v (alt-V shuts the fuel valve off, and alt-P controls the fuel pump). I can control the fuel pump and surprisingly, the fuel pressure remains normal. Any ideas, other than continually changing the fuel qty in left tank? Thank you for any suggestions..

Edited by Simtech95382
spelling

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

1 hour ago, Simtech95382 said:

Any ideas, Thank you for any suggestions..

Have you got silver bullets or wooden stakes near the PC?, a string of garlics?, does the sun light hit directly the PC during the flight?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

😄..time to invest in silver bullets, I guess. Could try the wooden stakes, but the pup won't leave them alone..😄

Edited by Simtech95382
  • Upvote 1

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Does it sparkle? Because that's an indication your vampire is lame and should be quietly buried and never spoken of again.

In seriousness, can you explain what you mean by fuel starvation BUT the fuel pressure remains normal?

eslader, yes, fly along normally after ~twenty five minutes and the engine just dies. Restarts no joy. Fuel pressure is still normal  ?? don't understand that, check wt/bal and left fuel tank is empty. Manually fill up the tank (in air ??) and the engine starts.

yep I have this problem as well - that's why I gave up on flying it - just killed the immersion - just getting somewhere interesting & bingo - no warning & you have got a deadstick forced landing - have got out of a couple but mostly I end up in a ball of scrap aluminium!!

BTW I did my basic jet training on a Vampire ( no stake jokes allowed please) T11 - so felt really at home with the english cockpit mod & how it flew - such a shame that it has this problem

• Like 1

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

Has anyone thought of asking Rob to implement fuel valve/tank switching?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I wonder if Rob would be responsive to this?  He hangs out at the Sim Outhouse doesn't he?  I used to have a log-in for there.  I might see if I can send him a post about it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Bobcat, great idea.  I never considered contacting him as I feel I would be imposing. But to have four tanks of fuel and only be able to use one is a little distressing. I love the way it flies and it can even use the embedded systems for navigation. I'll keep checking back here for updates. Thanks to all ..

What a relief!

I thought you were referring to his pet bat

• Like 1

Being completely unfamiliar with this aircraft, I thought "a vampire pet - how cool!"

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

This really is a neat scoot around. My go to scooter was the T-37..great visibility, fairly quick, easy to handle and good navs. This has all that and about 150kts faster. Very good gift from Rob. Definitely recommend, excepting this little irritant.