Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

April 18, 2024 MSFS Development Update

Posted (edited)

APRIL 18TH, 2024 – DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

A metallic warbird cruises above overcast clouds with the sun reflecting brightly off of the fuselage and wings.This week’s Screenshot Challenge winner is Forum user JohnStarp! If you’re interested in participating in our weekly Screenshot Challenges, check out the details in the Community section below!

On Tuesday, we launched two new releases!

• City Update 06: Southwest Germany is a FREE download from the in-sim Marketplace that enhances the scenery in Germany’s Baden-Württemberg state. Please see this page for more information.
  • Local Legend 15: Dornier Do 31 is available from the in-sim Marketplace. You can learn more about this experimental VTOL plane from Germany here.

Also earlier this week, we released a new Xbox-only pre-release test build for simmers enrolled in the optional Sim Update 15 public beta. This build (1.37.13.0) improves performance and stability on Xbox Series X|S consoles. PC players enrolled in the beta will not receive this new build as the changes are for Xbox only.

There was also a small update released to all simmers earlier today. This release includes updated navdata (AIRAC cycle 2404)  plus improvements to over 150 airports submitted by community volunteers participating in the ongoing World Hub closed alpha test. You can read the full details on our forums here.

Our next Developer Livestream is coming up next week on Wednesday, April 24th at 10:30am PDT (1730 UTC). Don’t miss this chance to hear our regular panel of Jorg, Seb, and Martial answer questions from the community and discuss future updates coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are currently reviewing all the pre-submitted questions from the community and will ensure the most common topics are addressed by our panel. If you missed the opportunity to pre-submit a question, don’t worry! As always, we will also be taking questions live from Twitch chat during the stream. The livestream will be broadcast on our official Twitch channel, so please follow it to be notified when we go live if you have not already done so.

Finally, if you follow @MSFSOfficial on X (formerly Twitter) and Instagram, you may have noticed that we’ve been running an MSFS Madness tournament over the past three weeks where you, the community, voted for your favorite aircraft in a series of head-to-head matchups. From a starting field of 64 aircraft from the Standard, Deluxe, Premium Deluxe, Game of the Year Edition, and 40th Anniversary Edition, plus every Local Legend, Famous Flyer, and Expert Series aircraft, voters selected the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner as the winner! We hope everyone who participated enjoyed MSFS Madness! You can see the entire tournament bracket with the community’s choices in each round below.

The final MSFS Madness tournament bracket showing the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner as the community's selected winner

– MSFS Team

Development Update Banner

Development Roadmap - April 11, 2024

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version of the Feedback Snapshot.

• No update this week.

SDK UPDATE

ASOBO

• No update this week.

WORKING TITLE / MSFS AVIONICS FRAMEWORK

• No update this week.

MARKETPLACE

Click here for the web-friendly version of the Marketplace Update.

There are 41 new and 69 updated products in this week’s Marketplace Update.

MARKETPLACE BACKLOG

Current Backlog: 474 Total

BACKLOG: NEW PRODUCTS

Testing Status
Content Type In MS Processing In MS Testing In 3P Testing Total
Aircraft 20 0 8 28
Mission 44 31 51 126
Scenery 10 2 2 14
Livery 55 2 13 70
Airport 26 16 24 66
Other 14 2 6 22
Total 169 53 104 326

BACKLOG: UPDATED PRODUCTS

Testing Status
Content Type In MS Processing In MS Testing In 3P Testing Total
Aircraft 9 9 6 24
Mission 10 0 0 10
Scenery 14 14 0 28
Livery 29 5 6 40
Airport 22 5 17 44
Other 2 0 0 2
Total 86 33 29 148

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 04/07, we have now approved 268 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 221 (+0) have released 3,448 products on PC (+41) and 3,192 on Xbox (+40).
  • In total, 4,299 products (+0) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 860 products (+26) from 3rd party developers are in production (342 announced, 518 unannounced). In total, over 5,159 3rd party products (+26) have either been released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 2,386 airports (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 2,161 airports (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 1,633 airports (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 114 airports (+0) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 116 airports (+5) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 817 aircraft (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 382 aircraft (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 299 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
      • 284 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
      • 209 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 226 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 1,126 scenery packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 1,092 scenery packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 656 scenery packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 20 scenery packs (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
      • 14 scenery packs (+1) are not announced but the dev let us know that scenery is in production
  • Mission Packs:
    • 346 mission packs (+19) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 280 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 219 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
      • 66 mission packs (+19) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.
  • Livery Packs:
    • 441 livery packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 357 livery packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 349 livery packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 1 livery pack (+0) beyond the released scenery has been announced.
      • 83 livery packs (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
  • Ships & Watercraft:
    • 38 ships & watercraft (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 27 ships & watercraft (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 22 ships & watercraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 ships & watercraft (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
      • 11 ships & watercraft (+0) are not announced, but dev let us know that scenery is in production

Community

COMMUNITY FLY-IN FRIDAY

Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Madrid to Lisbon. April 19th at 1800 UTC. twitch.tv/msfsofficial

The Community Fly-In Friday World Tour continues!

This week, we’re flying across the Iberian Peninsula from Madrid to Lisbon!

Our flight starts where we left off last time at LEMD, the Spanish capital. Our first destination will be the Spanish city of Toledo. From there, we will fly westbound to Coimbra, a city of historic and cultural significance and home to Portugal’s first university. We will then turn south towards the capital city of Lisbon.

Be sure to install the free World Update VIII: Iberia from the in-sim Marketplace for the best experience during this flight.

Event details are available here. All are welcome to participate!

COMMUNITY VIDEO

With the Solar Eclipse last week, we saw a flock of fliers jumping into Microsoft Flight Simulator to catch a glimpse of the phenomenon in the virtual world!

Popular YouTuber Jeff Favignano has created a video not only showcasing how you all can witness the recent Solar Eclipse, but also setting the in-sim time back over thirty years ago to 1991 to show off a total Solar Eclipse.

We loved to watch this unique way of seeing the world in the simulator, so go and try it yourself!

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This week’s screenshot challenge: Earth Day II

This past week’s Screenshot Challenge was: Fun in the Sun!

A metallic warbird cruises above overcast clouds with the sun reflecting brightly off of the fuselage and wings.

Weekly Screenshot Challenge Winner: JohnStarp (Forums)

An OV-10 Bronco lifts off from a wet runway during golden hour, with the sun visible in the distance across the airport apron.

Screenshot by @IronWings_VP (Twitter)

A hot air balloon flies over hills covered in low layers of cloud, as the sun begins to set in the distance.

Screenshot by HolmesCZ6127 (Forums)

An F-14 Tomcat flies below low overcast clouds at golden hour, with the sun visible off of the right hand side of the jet, and city lights illuminated below.

Screenshot by @2525ARW (Twitter)

Four McDonnell Douglas F4 Phantom's in Blue Angels paint scheme fly in close formation over water with their shadows casting on the surface below.

Screenshot by Lwsail (Forums)

A Boeing 747-8 approaches an international airport overhead the approach lighting. The sun can be seen reflecting off of the water below as it begins to set.

Screenshot by @pommes_l (Twitter)

4 F-16 Vipers from the Thunderbirds taxi out for departure in line astern.

Screenshot by @CpuGeta486 (Twitter)

A view from the cockpit of a Cessna 172, looking out of the left window towards clouds and a sunset in the distance.

Screenshot by mbraortns (Forums)

A Cessna 172 cruises in straight and level flight, with mountains behind and the sun peaking out from the crest of a hill.

Screenshot by ZILLNIAZI17 (Forums)

A blue and green general aviation aircraft flies over an island marina, with a yacht moored up.

Screenshot by @ukaka5656 (Twitter)

An aircraft draws a love heart in the sky using smoke plumes, with the sun visible in the middle.

Screenshot by @MihamaBlend (Twitter)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – April 25th, 2024

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Posted (edited)

Well at least Boeing's winning at something!

Always love a shot of Dirty G-IRTY, as I call her. She's a real beaut in real life too.

P1090461.jpgP1090462.jpgAnd talking of real life, that Tomcat screenshot is another example how how real this sim can makes things look.👍

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Another city update next month? I really would prefer more world updates…

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I have to say I never would have put money on the 787 winning MSFS madness.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No reference to a release date for SU15?  To confirm or modify the previous estimate of April 30?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

No reference to a release date for SU15?  To confirm or modify the previous estimate of April 30?

It's on the roadmap.

• Like 1

Roadmap designates "Tentative Apr 30"  meaning, that MAY change.

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Still waiting for a update to the A310 as mentioned from Asobo in one Thread some time ago.. 

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

I have to say I never would have put money on the 787 winning MSFS madness.

Me neither. I do note that in most cases, the newer aircraft won each face-off, for whatever that's worth. Can't believe more people voted for the Pipistrel than the Staggerwing!😶

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 4/19/2024 at 9:49 AM, 109Sqn said:

Me neither. I do note that in most cases, the newer aircraft won each face-off, for whatever that's worth. Can't believe more people voted for the Pipistrel than the Staggerwing!😶

Yes it's really odd, though tbh the way it was done with that Tournament play-off thing was rather silly imo