Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Southwest Germany into France (EDDS to LFST) ...

Today, as I opened my Xbox, I caught this Southwest Germany (City) Update glaring me on the face (first item on "FREE" list), with a "NEW" (yellow) sticker on it. Been always interested in Germany scenery (since the Orbx days of Germany South and North, that comes to mind readily), I quickly installed it and gave it a trial...

Making use of 2 Cities specifically mentioned in this Update, I've set up a flight, here, from the eastern side of the "Black Forest" of Southwest Germany (someone here is less than 2 hours' drive away from it...🙂...), from Stuttgart (EDDS), over and across the fascinating "Black Forest" region (named so, because of the dark-green tress, but there are mountains too, see shot #s 5-8), into the wide valley of Rhine River (see shot #s 9-11), to the city of Strasbourg (LFST) in France just across the German-French border. Past this valley, on its western side, is the magnificent Vosges range of mountains that called me...🙂.... So, before finally landing in Strasbourg, I could not resist meandering a bit into the thick of the Vosges Mountains, which paid good dividends. These mountains seemed very pretty (see shot #s 12-17), especially because I am fond of such (low-level) mountains of <5,000 ft elevation. These mountains with the narrow (green) valleys and hamlets within, reminded me a bit of the Sion Valley of Switzerland (with the Rhone River there), only that, here, these mountains are not as tall...but certainly no less picturesque. 

See my Garmin MFD image (shot #3) to notice position of EDDS (Stuttgart) with respect to the 2 Yellow/Brown (color) patches indicative of Black Forest at the bottom of MAP, and the Vosges range at the top, separated by the green colored Rhine River valley, in which you may also spot the (thin) blue ribbon of the (famed) river flowing along the valley, serving as the border between the two countries (I've also included a close external image of Rhine river, below, see shot #10). Here is a river, that flows northward, not uncommon, but I always find peculiar. It would flow north out of Germany eventually into Netherlands, and then westward into the North Sea.

Quick impression: Beautiful scenery all around and unique terrain features (so, it must be convincingly likewise in RW too). However, in my (Xbox) SIM, I constantly found the (delayed) rendering of the distant mountains a bit disconcerting. Of course, as I approached near, the mountains got rendered reasonably well...So, I'm not sure, if it's due to the nature of scenery, server issue, or just something inherent in my Xbox system...

Anyway, it was good fun exploring this region (which I don't recall having done ever before in the SIM). Please find 20 images from my flight today.

Thanks for viewing. Hope you enjoy.

F3YuMQ.png

V20Jrs.png

UZ1n8w.png

AyY3Lv.png

0HwwiA.png

oqv1Qy.png

HyMGK3.png

zf6llJ.png

5LkAy3.png

MwgnfO.png

0Fxn1E.png

SZb0Q8.png

Ajjhu7.png

iHZKka.png

YWnKjK.png

vVUjpS.png

F9IL6U.png

sNkydb.png

CKZ8tc.png

Rh1VWM.png

• Like 7

Yuup, nice set and a nice little birdy you are flying..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Another great series! Lots of scenic variety in these shots.

• Like 1

Nice set, P_7878! I've also not flown much around Germany, but am trying to correct that. I look at some of these shots and just know I'd be itching to bale out with the drone cam and go down and explore some of those places.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 4/19/2024 at 12:22 PM, Alaska738 said:

Fine shots!  😉 

Thank you, Will.

On 4/19/2024 at 2:20 PM, pmplayer said:

Yuup, nice set and a nice little birdy you are flying..

cheers 😉

Thanks, pmplayer. Indeed it’s a cute little plane with modern avionics. I got some extra repaints fort it. Flies very well in MSFS.

On 4/19/2024 at 4:16 PM, John F said:

Another great series! Lots of scenic variety in these shots.

Appreciated the comment, John. Cheers…!

On 4/20/2024 at 5:57 AM, andy1252 said:

Nice set, P_7878! I've also not flown much around Germany, but am trying to correct that. I look at some of these shots and just know I'd be itching to bale out with the drone cam and go down and explore some of those places.

Thank you, Andy. Endless locales in MSFS to try and fly…but w/o some kind of City (or World) Update, it’s a hit or miss…Agree, once close to some of these nooks and crannies, Drone might be the best way to explore…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another nice set P_7878 🙂, it's a nice landscape everywhere in that area you are flying in. 

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

Thank you for the comment, Andreas. I'm largely focused on areas with some kind of (incremental) Updates....which have been all decent to explore, I think...