Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

CS C-130 to KPBI

An expensive week. Wasn't expecting this, but had to get it - been missing this in MSFS. Bit overpriced for what it is, but nicely done. Looks great and flies ok for a klutz like me. Single livery only, with a threat of livery packs to come via the Marketplace, but hopefully there'll be some on .to as well. Somebody mentioned the sound in another thread. I normally have the sound turned down quite low, but I turned it up to check this out, and although I have no idea of what it should sound like, it seems very quiet to me. I have a vague memory of somebody doing a sound pack for this back in the P3D version, but I could be mistaken.

So, great to see a halfway decent version again, even if it is a bit pricey. Happy to have it, myself.

A few quick shots, down from Orlando to Palm Beach Intl

GEtRnEe.jpg

RUx6dBi.jpg

xtAY0Iv.jpg

DXpzOAF.jpg

w8u8eRq.jpg

usR4yRg.jpg

cinqqE6.jpg

1VHD8K6.jpg

FGNpusb.jpg

1FZMK2n.jpg

XiI2sE8.jpg

No documentation either. CS forum says something along the lines of it being a very accurate model so go and grab a manual for the real plane! Or to paraphrase - "we can't be *rsed to write one". Not a big deal for me as a committed non-pilot, the checklisty/pad thingy works fine for the basic animations I want and the essential controls seem ok.

CS seem to be producing some ok stuff of late, even if they are still apparently focussed on charging a fair bit. I also bought their KC-46 a few weeks back on the Marketplace, and I may yet grab their KC-77 tanker/freighter from there as well.

Won't suit everybody, but if you just want a basically flyable and well modelled Herc, it's pretty good / ok / a rip off (delete according to your own CS bias or otherwise)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Nice shots, i loved the CS work on the old FSX days, there you got all there aircraft with fine working Cockpits but this time seems over - to bad they did a fine job at those days.. 

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Herc looks good, and that FLA scenery appears first-rate!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is it me, or does that fuselage slope too acutely at the front, above the radome ?

EDIT: On second thoughts, compared to photos of the real thing - no it doesn't.

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Wow...a C-130 from CS in MSFS...🙂...Nice....It was one of their forte during their (glory) days of FSX/P3D....🙂...Was flying (and posting) about it often...

[Andy: You can download Free CS manuals from on-line; I believe...I mean the one they used for their "Legendary" series C-130 in previous SIMs...Give it a search with "Captain SIM C-130 Manuals" or such keywords...Have fun...]

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Nice shots, i loved the CS work on the old FSX days, there you got all there aircraft with fine working Cockpits but this time seems over - to bad they did a fine job at those days.. 

cheers 😉

Thanks PMP, and yes, I've got loads of their stuff from FSX/P3D as well. Maybe they're heading partially back in that direction, in spite of their apparent attitude towards their customers these days (pricing, lack of features etc). That would be good - I can live with a fairly large degree of systems inaccuracy as long as they look good.

11 hours ago, John F said:

Herc looks good, and that FLA scenery appears first-rate!

Cheers John! KPBI was a recent buy and I haven't really explored there yet, but in general FLA seems to have gotten a lot of love and attention in MSFS. Loads of addons.

@Paul K, just gotta say I love that sig - "Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting"

19 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

Wow...a C-130 from CS in MSFS...🙂...Nice....It was one of their forte during their (glory) days of FSX/P3D....🙂...Was flying (and posting) about it often...

[Andy: You can download Free CS manuals from on-line; I believe...I mean the one they used for their "Legendary" series C-130 in previous SIMs...Give it a search with "Captain SIM C-130 Manuals" or such keywords...Have fun...]

Hi P_7878, and you triggered the thought that I should still have all that stuff on my system here, as I did have the P3D and FSX package. I might see if I've still got any repaints and that sound package as well and see if any of that works.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

@Paul K, just gotta say I love that sig - "Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting"

😉😂Ta!

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Andy: Yes, you must have the CS-130 stuff along with documentation, from FSX/P3D…

BTW, there was an interesting “JATO” (Jet Assisted Takeoff) visual simulation in the FSX/P3D package…Do they mention it here, but again no Docs you have found for this MSFS version yet…

Anyway, very nice series of pics…!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I should still have all that stuff on my system here, as I did have the P3D and FSX package. I might see if I've still got any repaints and that sound package as well and see if any of that works.

I just saw that it works on another site: https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/135009-Hercules-fans-you-ain-t-gonna-believe-this?p=1334064&viewfull=1#post1334064

Edited by qqwertz
  • Like 1

Nice shots again Andy 🙂, you have a good setup of the entire environment but it s a 4k setup isn't it?

Always fly the C130 in P3d since a lot of years, the LM version is good and I will not install the plane to msfs.

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

@P_7878, @qqwertz, found my FSX stuff, so will have a look at the manual ("heaven forfend!" as Horace Rumpole would say), and already got the sound working.

18 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shots again Andy 🙂, you have a good setup of the entire environment but it s a 4k setup isn't it?

Always fly the C130 in P3d since a lot of years, the LM version is good and I will not install the plane to msfs.

Hi Andreas, and thanks. Yes, I am 4k (and HDR). Went 4k with a 40" Philips monitor around ten years ago, very nice monitor indeed. Finally died on me a couple of years back so got myself another Philips as I had been well impressed with the first one. This one is a 55" beast and full HDR. Sitting just maybe 3 feet away from it the immersion is incredible. Don't fancy VR - never actually tried it but don't really even like wearing headphones so can't see VR working for me, plus I wear glasses and I imagine that would complicate matters. Now, a surround setup with three 70 inch 8k HDR monitors - that would be something to aim for! Probably have to wait for the nVidia 9090tix-gti to run that though (and a bigger house)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1