Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Did Asobo updated aerial imagery ?

I noticed today few areas which are outside any world update area got updated with new images. 

Roi Ben

2 minutes ago, Dermot McClusky said:

I imagine Bing imagery gets updated in various areas regularly, that might be what you've seen.

Well on Bing online it got updated few years ago. Its seems only now it got updated in the sim

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

Well on Bing online it got updated few years ago. Its seems only now it got updated in the sim

Oh, well, in that case I have no idea. 

Now the 3rd party airport imagery doesn't match  😄

Roi Ben

I've noticed from soon after launch, the satellite images get updated from time to time in many areas.  It's hard to know how much or how often, but I have seen some of the areas I fly in the UK have occasionally changed.  I guess they just process more recent images if they feel they are better than the older ones or in areas they know to be poor.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I've noticed from soon after launch, the satellite images get updated from time to time in many areas.  It's hard to know how much or how often, but I have seen some of the areas I fly in the UK have occasionally changed.  I guess they just process more recent images if they feel they are better than the older ones or in areas they know to be poor.

Really ? Then i guess you only notice in areas you fly often

Roi Ben

I noticed sometime recently that my Bing imagery had been updated in San Antonio Texas compared to original. Flying here in my hometown has alway been very good graphically, particularly with KSAT airport made by iniBuilds.

4 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Really ? Then i guess you only notice in areas you fly often

Pretty much.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

21 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I noticed today few areas which are outside any world update area got updated with new images. 

Which areas? I would have thought they’d announce any improvements to areas updated on the MSFS scenery servers?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

Which areas? I would have thought they’d announce any improvements to areas updated on the MSFS scenery servers?

Currently i noticed it in Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Jorden. Basically all this area

• Like 2

Roi Ben

Don’t know if this is from Asobo but currently my taxiways at KATL have ghost images of planes painted on the concrete.

-B

Posted (edited)

I honestly dont understand whats going on here... loaded the sim today and its again the older image ! I am so confused right now 🙂 

Could it be calling different Bing maps source randomly ?

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

18 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Currently i noticed it in Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Jorden. Basically all this area

Did you get special permission to enter that airspace?

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Did you get special permission to enter that airspace?

You can fly drones there