Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Flying over western Europe do you find recurrent spikes...

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Noel said:

Actually no, but I was ready just in case :wink:

Maybe a corrupted download during release of some WU or CU updates or a bug somewhere...
For example the Area around EHAM is full of buildings at a relative small space (Roterdam / Den Haag / Amsterdam on top of that we have EHRD/EHAM and Rotterdam Harbor), with
CU4 we had a very detailed large city update of The Haque and Brussels

I can even see my own garden that detailed, so I would suspect without CU4 it could improve in that Area?

But so many different parameters at play it's rather a difficult one to pinpoint...

Edited by virtualstuff
  • Like 1

André

21 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Maybe a corrupted download during release of some WU or CU updates or a bug somewhere...
For example the Area around EHAM is full of buildings at a relative small space (Roterdam / Den Haag / Amsterdam on top of that we have EHRD/EHAM and Rotterdam Harbor), with
CU4 we had a very detailed large city update of The Haque and Brussels

I can even see my own garden that detailed, so I would suspect without CU4 it could improve in that Area?

But so many different parameters at play it's rather a difficult one to pinpoint...

All WU's are reinstalled now but I haven't reinstalled CUs at this point.  About to depart from EHAM to LHBP now so we'll see how this route goes thru Germany and some eastern European states...

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Noel said:

All WU's are reinstalled now but I haven't reinstalled CUs at this point.  About to depart from EHAM to LHBP now so we'll see how this route goes thru Germany and some eastern European states...

Yes curious how this one will go and wish you a safe smooth flight. (that will be over EDDK/EDDL/EDDF/EDDM range great test route)

Edited by virtualstuff
  • Like 1

André

40 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Yes curious how this one will go and which you a safe smooth flight. (that will be over EDDK/EDDL/EDDF/EDDM range great test route)

With TLOD set at 75 and OLOD set at 50 in FS2020 General Options, I had a flawless flight from EDDK to EPWA today. It was rather bad weather, lots of clouds etc., and yet my CPU temperatures were in between 63 and 66 with every now and then a spike to 72C max.

WU4 and WU6 are deleted as well as all CU's. 

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Just now, hvw said:

With TLOD set at 75 and OLOD set at 50 in FS2020 General Options, I had a flawless flight from EDDK to EPWA today. It was rather bad weather, lots of clouds etc., and yet my CPU temperatures were in between 63 and 66 with every now and then a spike to 72C max.

WU4 and WU6 are deleted as well as all CU's. 

Interesting result

André

10 minutes ago, hvw said:

TLOD set at 75

During daytime it might be ok but i suspect that night time will basically be FSX bad.  

Roi Ben

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

During daytime it might be ok but i suspect that night time will basically be FSX bad.  

Nowadays I don't make any night flights anymore, but at the time that I did, I used to get better performance than during daytime. Weird isn't  it? Also this might have been turned around after all the reported issues occurred. This just as a sidenote as I never before made any flight at this TLOD setting

Edited by hvw
Typo

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, virtualstuff said:

Yes curious how this one will go and wish you a safe smooth flight. (that will be over EDDK/EDDL/EDDF/EDDM range great test route)

100% good all the way to touchdown to LHBP, temps 66 to 72C the whole way.   Of note I did dial back TLOD to 30 at cruise.  The flight after next is LIRF to EHAM which goes over the Swiss Alps and that is the flight that I think caused me to post this thread so we'll see if it's actually better, and I will avoid changing TLOD from 100 at cruise. If it is it's either the City Updates, or that I uninstalled/reinstalled the WU's did in fact make the difference as F737MAX was thinking might be the case.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I’ve been lurking in this thread since first post. Just to make sure I understand this correctly: are we talking about CPU temperature spikes? Or frame time spikes? 

I do get the occasional stutters at cruise over Europe (where I do most of my airliner flights), but nothing that detracts hugely from the overall experience. 

Got all WUs+CUs installed. I’ll follow @Noel’s contrails and do the same flight in the Fenix. I’ll report back once I arrive at Schiphol.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

are we talking about CPU temperature spikes? Or frame time spikes?

CPU temperature spikes while most of a flight temperatures are quite stable

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

2 minutes ago, hvw said:

Got it. Wow, that’s absurdly weird. And only at cruise, when we’d assume CPU load to be the lowest. 

Thing is though, I do get core temps up to TJMax relatively often IIRC. Just spikes of very short duration. Usually the overall CPU temp is 60-70. So I don’t think I’ll be able to contribute in any way.

But I’ll run HWiNFO in the background during the flight. At least it’ll give me the avg temps.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

And only at cruise, when we’d assume CPU load to be the lowest.

No, not exactly. Also during all phases of flight, e.g. during cockpit preparation. Also changing views from cockpit to say, wing view will result in CPU spikes. At least this is valid for my FS2020.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hvw said:

What I observed that had me start this thread was...

....at cruise flying from Milan to Amsterdam just about like clockwork every ~10 seconds main thread spikes from around 65% (constantly fluctuating) up to 100%, and with it CPU core temp jumps from around 67C to 89C, then right back down again.... 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

....Or frame time spikes?

Running FTV check w/ CFX results in really bad FTV reports--far worse than anything I ever saw w/ the 9900K.  I've given up where to look because it seems very smooth, certainly free from micro-stutters, but yes, something's way off, but clearly not enough to destroy perception.  I don't know if it's 7800X3D peculiarity with FTV, or something in my configuration is doing this.  I mean to ask someone who has this CPU and CapFrameX and will see if using Edge Sync they get decent analyses.  Here's what I mean, on this short  but somewhat typical capture.  The constant "static" is new--never saw this prior to this build.  This capture isn't intended to relate at all to these issues flying over certain European areas.

spacer.png

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Or frame time spikes?

Actually what I am wondering about now is, what is causing all this and how can we solve this problem or work-around it. I guess we can't, it is up to MS/Asobo to do so. For now I keep status quo as I am quite satisfied that my temperatures won't go above 73C. Knocking on wood.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

The EU is PG heavy so if you have your settings on max you're going to see spikes. One thing that's helped me is going from ultra to high clouds. This takes the load off my GPU and keeps in the temps down.