Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Beech Bonanza over Malta Island... (20 Pics) ...

Posted (edited)

A while ago, while updating my SIM for the World Update with Italy, I had noticed, in the description, an honorable mention of "Malta" (island) scenery been also offered some attention in the same Update. And, lately, I've been roaming over all these (pretty) islands (actually more correctly "archipelagos" which are geographically quite appealing too). The Isles of Scilly certainly comes to mind, consisting of 5 or 6 main islands and numerous (around 140) mostly nameless (unhabitable) rocky outlets...which all together give a distinctive charm to that place, located at the southernmost corner of the greater archipelago that is UK and Great Britain....🙂...Anyway, I was reminded of Malta today...

The island country Malta is also an archipelago, located strategically on the Mediterranean Sea between Europe (Italy) and Africa (Tunisia), both of these latter regions, I've recently explored in the SIM. The Maltese archipelago has a total of exactly 5 islands (out of which Malta and Gozo are the main two, which I've thoroughly toured, interior lands and coastlines, see images below). Then there are two miniscule islands (not name-less but un-inhabited). One of them, Cominotto, which I've simply overflown, is supposedly accessible, I read, for visits as follows, "One popular option to reach this secluded paradise, part of the famous Blue Lagoon, is to take a ferry to the Blue Lagoon and then swim across to Cominotto. However, one must be aware that it could be risky because there are high underwater currents around here... (I see...🙂...) ...another option is to rent a private charter boat..."...hmm.... this sounds preferable (and more convenient) ...🙂...

Malta island with ~100 sq miles of area and dense population (imagine half-a-million people in a (10 miles x 10 miles) area), is an extremely interesting urban complex infused with rich history, beautiful beaches and colorful landscapes. Though lacking in (extensive) green vegetations and rolling pastures (that I've seen in my recent (virtual) visits to other islands), I was especially struck, here, by the rosy and red hues of its topography and topsoil (many images below). 

So, here we go as I travel in my (likeable) V-Tail Bonanza personal transport, lifting off northward from Malta International Airport (LMML), for this island tour, and eventually reverting back to the same airport for a landing on its southward Runway 13.

Thanks for viewing...! Hope you enjoy...!

vU2cXu.png

x48DC9.png

ZxDdlt.png

hWzGdv.png

zHHxWG.png

4nX7lX.png

tnNDdB.png

fekIz8.png

eMra80.png

LvFfuK.png

Ofr6mF.png

v6fQru.png

ejQi3a.png

gHjZmy.png

waLC2I.png

IwoHAl.png

lsIaVU.png

XGot2k.png

Lifk1H.png

9oWDcI.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 4

A grand "Grand Tour" of Malta! Number 10 shot has some of the best rendered cliffs I've seen anywhere in a sim.

• Like 1

Realy a beautiful set, i love shot 10, never saw such a detailed coast part in MSFS anywhere since today from this shot, excellent !👍

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Great set of shots, and I too am in the Cliff fan club. Very impressive.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Posted (edited)

John, Will, pmplayer, Andy:

Thanks a lot for the comments...with emphasis on (MSFS rendition of) #10 ...!

[Andy: I believe there are plenty of (coastal) cliffs around where you live...🙂...So, not surprised you're in the Cliff Fan Club ...🙂...]

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 3