Sign in to follow this  
hs118

SayIntentions.AI developer update and stream

And all this in 3 months of development.

I did a couple of successful IFR Gate-to-Gate flights today. SID/STARs were 100% on spot, descend rates and for example circumventing mountains at Bergamo was perfect, all handovers worked. It really adds immersion. The main difference is that it is not scripted and not menu based - just talk to atc as you would talk in real life.

By far the best addition to simulation since 40 years. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, techman said:

I did a couple of successful IFR Gate-to-Gate flights today. SID/STARs were 100% on spot, descend rates and for example circumventing mountains at Bergamo was perfect, all handovers worked. It really adds immersion. The main difference is that it is not scripted and not menu based - just talk to atc as you would talk in real life.

I flew it yesterday and my experience is equal to yours. The Center controller started my descent a mile from where the Fenix bus wanted me to start descending, and then he warned me that IFR programming was still in an alpha state and that I was in for a "rough ride". Immediately following this warning I was handed off to approach who got me down with a shortcut on the STAR and gave me the most picture perfect 30* turn to the FAF, followed by a flawless hand off to Tower.

It's really the premier experience in my opinion. When I think about all the ways these LLM's can enhance gaming, from ATC to just basic NPC dialogue, I'm really enthusiastic about the future. We're in for a good time.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, techman said:

Was listening to the live stuff in Europe, but noticed a lot of US accents is this your experience too?

Edited by virtualstuff

André

31 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Was listening to the live stuff in Europe, but noticed a lot of US accents is this your experience too?

Check out the livestream....one of their major development goals is regionalization.

1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

That´s in work as far as I know. 

• Like 1

No button control for this one, I suppose?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tup61 said:

It has button control, but since it's using a language learning model there are no scripts for you to choose. You can't just hit 1 to answer a read-back, instead you have to type your response.

So if you're holding short and Tower says "Delta 47, traffic 2 mile final, winds 250 at 13, fly runway heading, cleared to take off Runway 14 Left, no delay." you'll have to pull up the UI and type "Cleared for takeoff Runway 14 Left, no delay, fly runway heading, Delta 47." which, if traffic is on a 2 mile, will guarantee that guy goes around! 😂

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 minutes ago, WestAir said:

It has button control, but since it's using a language learning model there are no scripts for you to choose. You can't just hit 1 to answer a read-back, instead you have to type your response.

So if you're holding short and Tower says "Delta 47, traffic 2 mile final, winds 250 at 13, fly runway heading, cleared to take off Runway 14 Left, no delay." you'll have to pull up the UI and type "Cleared for takeoff Runway 14 Left, no delay, fly runway heading, Delta 47." which, if traffic is on a 2 mile, will guarantee that guy goes around! 😂

This want really under consideration for me, but that right there (😂😂) is the nail in the coffin!

1 minute ago, mmcmah said:

This want really under consideration for me, but that right there (😂😂) is the nail in the coffin!

Yeah for sure. The way I see SayIntentions.AI is that it's a direct competitor to VATSIM, especially because you can hear all the other human players on frequency talking to tower.

I think for a true button-only replacement for stock ATC you'll have to use BeyondATC instead.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, WestAir said:

The way I see SayIntentions.AI is that it's a direct competitor to VATSIM,

If you watch the livestream or are a member of their discord, you may get a hint that the casual flight simmer is not their only target market. Although their offering is a great one for the overall flightsim community, the true competitive comparison is not VATSIM, it is PilotEdge. 

PilotEdge is a service used by both military and civilian real word pilots for training and proficiency using flight simulator technology.   

As someone who had a subscription to PE for 2 years, I will tell you that it is well beyond anything on VATSIM or canned ATC. Especially for VFR flights.

I'm looking forward to a similar experience flying all over the globe with SayIntentions.

Edited by hs118
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tup61 said:

At the moment you can skip readbacks. And you can type your requests into a textbox as free text. Like "8LO, requesting IFR to EDDM". This works perfectly. 

I tried it as a demo today. Give it a 7 out of 10. Taxiing out, departure, handoffs were flawless, the sticky point was the decent and vectors to final. Not quite there yet. I will revisit in a few months. For $30/per month it needs to be almost flawless....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

2 hours ago, Silicus said:

I tried it as a demo today. Give it a 7 out of 10. Taxiing out, departure, handoffs were flawless, the sticky point was the decent and vectors to final. Not quite there yet. I will revisit in a few months. For $30/per month it needs to be almost flawless....

When your demo is still running try again - 1 hour ago a couple of changes were made and the approach vectors have been smoothed out. I was part of the test.

10 hours ago, techman said:

At the moment you can skip readbacks. And you can type your requests into a textbox as free text. Like "8LO, requesting IFR to EDDM". This works perfectly. 

Nah, that doesn't sound perfect to me. I'll have to pass.