Sign in to follow this  
alr5100

Stutters Ruining Enjoyment

Posted (edited)

I assume that you are running MSFS in DX12 mode with PG on (since I can see one or two terrain artefacts that seem to be associated with PG)? Have you tried running in DX11 mode and/or with PG disabled?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes I primarily run in DX12 with PG enabled always. I did some tests yesterday with PG disabled and don't recall many issues, I have never done a VATSIM flight with PG disabled. Do you think that is the culprit?

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that you are running MSFS in DX12 mode with PG on (since I can see one or two terrain artefacts that seem to be associated with PG)? Have you tried running in DX11 mode and/or with PG disabled?

Make sure MSFS is only using the Core on the 3d vcache enabled CCD.
I think you should be able to do this with the Xbox Game bar.

--Sean Hart

I have it set to all 3D VCache Cores in Process lasso 1-15, and all other apps on 16-32. I looked at XBox Game Bar and it shows 0%

izZCMNp.jpeg

Do you happen to know where in the Game Bar it can set to a specific core?

1 hour ago, alr5100 said:

Yes I primarily run in DX12 with PG enabled always. I did some tests yesterday with PG disabled and don't recall many issues, I have never done a VATSIM flight with PG disabled. Do you think that is the culprit?

I was just thinking that it might be a good idea to check to see if the stutters were still there in DX11 mode, and with PG disabled. It may give someone else with more technical knowledge than I have a clue as to the source of the problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, alr5100 said:

The stutters occur on all four aircraft I primarily fly, which are the PMDG 737, Leonardo MD-80, Fenix A320 and the Inibuilds A300.

Have you tested using a default aircraft at a default airport?

Is Riva Tuner known cause any problems?

Edit: are you using AI Traffic?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I assume OP already know it but Rivatuner will indeed introduce a lot of stutters and performance drops if you cap while running FG.

If you wanna cap using FG, use the Nvidia Control Panel cap.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

15 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I assume OP already know it but Rivatuner will indeed introduce a lot of stutters and performance drops if you cap while running FG.

If you wanna cap using FG, use the Nvidia Control Panel cap.

I wasn't 100% sure about that but during my testing over the last couple of months I find I get much better performance and less stutters when capping inside of NVCP rather than RTSS. 

21 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Have you tested using a default aircraft at a default airport?

Edit: are you using AI Traffic?

I haven't tested using default aircraft since I never fly them. 

Yes I believe Riva tuner is sub optimal if trying to cap using Frame Gen. 

I am not using AI traffic. 

I fly on VATSIM and found incredible FPS gains by reducing the FSLTL model matching to 2k liveries however it didn't seem to affect the stutters. 

9 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Thanks for mentioning this I went back to TAA and did render scale to 200. All I can say is wow!

I messed up that comment as it is AMD FidelityFX I have at 200 along w/ Render Scale at 160.  I found RS 200 no better and the hit with certain types of clouds is a bit much.  But yes, unparalleled sharpness!  Fabulous!  Def put AMD FX at 200!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

9 hours ago, alr5100 said:

What is the benefit of using back-edge sync for MSFS vs async?

Late 2022 I tested all possible sync/lock methods only to learn it is Edge Sync, front or back, that delivers the lowest frame time variance, and that is the most important factor for the perception of smooth animation, especially with modest frame rates, so that it what I've used since then and passed it on to others who found the same thing.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 hours ago, Sethos said:

I assume OP already know it but Rivatuner will indeed introduce a lot of stutters and performance drops if you cap while running FG

Which method?  RTSS has a couple of capping methods--one is superior and causes no stutters anywhere, the other, not sure.  I wrote about this late 2022 and others have tried and confirmed the same for them.  FG on or off, no difference w/ regard to stutters.

Noel

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, alr5100 said:

Hi All, 

I am having a consistent micro stutter on short final for the last couple of months that is ruining the enjoyment of nearly all my flights. I have spent over 100+ hours fiddling with the sim/settings and tweaks to try to solve the issue to no avail. 

The stutters occur on all four aircraft I primarily fly, which are the PMDG 737, Leonardo MD-80, Fenix A320 and the Inibuilds A300.

Around 500 feet all the way to touch down I get these stutters which really ruins an otherwise beautiful flight with incredibly smooth performance. 

SYSTEM SPECS 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16-Core Processor, 4201 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)

GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 24GB

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi 6E

Ram: 64GB G.SKILL Trident  Z5 RGB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 (2 x 32GB)

The problem also occurs whether I am recording a flight using OBS or just flying without recording it. 

I typically can get well in excess of 100+ FPS with DX12 and Frame Gen, but my smoothest experience is with FPS locked to 90 in NVCP, DX12, TAA. Mostly Medium and High Settings and Ultra for terrain pre-caching and terrain vector data. TLOD 100/ OLOD 100. 

I have the sim on its own dedicated NVMe drive separate from Windows, and my sceneries are linked from its own SSD using Add-On Linker. I have not tried moving all my scenery onto the NVMe Drive with the sim but unsure that would help.

The stutters occur both on SU14, and SU15 Beta.

Things I have tried with no success over the last 2 months to stop the final approach stuttering include but are not limited to:

Turning off frame gen

Locking frames at 60,50,45…makes no difference. 

Flying offline (Not on VATSIM) makes no difference.

Trying DSR Factor scaling with DLSS. 

Downscaling the image using Render Scaling. 

Turning down TLOD and OLOD to 10.

Run with rolling cache (I usually have rolling cache off)

Disabling all aircraft effects like tire smoke

Capping frames using Riva Statistics Tuner

Turning off GSYNC and using Scanline Sync

Tried using AUTOFPS / Dynamic LOD

Cleared Shader Cache Many Times

Many more things I am not thinking of. 

Visually the stutters seem to coincide with scenery popping when I am in the final 200-300 ft of the approach, when taxi-way signs and fences begin to pop in, it seems like the stutters are synchronous with the scenery popping in at this critical phase of flight. 

Any help is appreciated with this matter since it’s really made me not want to invest the time in doing any flights knowing that the final approach is going to be ruined by stutters while the first 99% of the flight is perfectly smooth. 

Thanks!

Try updating to the latest driver (if not already done) and update to the latest DLSS file, they have just upgraded it to v3.7.0.0. Use DLSS Swapper.

https://github.com/beeradmoore/dlss-swapper

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, alr5100 said:

I wasn't 100% sure about that but during my testing over the last couple of months I find I get much better performance and less stutters when capping inside of NVCP rather than RTSS. 

Just remember you and I have essentially the same system and I have NO STUTTERS, as you follow various suggestions from folks here, and moreover I'm setup with more detail and demand than are you, from your initial comments.

Oh, and yes I use DX12 w/ HAGS on, and don't use DLSS FG except on very rare occasion.

Edited by Noel

Noel