Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Flight1 should consider going full throttle

Interesting Link Geofa:However, when I click on the "Protrainer Store" or the "Available Now" links, I get the following error message:"Runtime error in lib/db.mvc @ [00000046:00000040]: Line 1815: MvLOCKFILE: Error creating lockfile 'Merchant2/00000001/storekey.dbf': Disk quota exceeded"Is this source still in business and available, or did it also die? The profile sounded like it might be the start of legitimate competition.Love your blog, particularly the photos (and the pups).Thanks:RTH Edit: Looks like Jim answered my question while I was composing my reply in this thread. Wish "Protrainer" could have survived. It looked promising.

When FSX released about a year ago, not long after when all the complaints about FSX started surfacing, Peter Wilding started talking about doing this very thing.Not sure what his conclusions were.........Glenn

Thanks for your nice comments RTH!Jim-I am very sad to hear of Mark's passing. He was great on the Pro Pilot board and obviously a extremely gifted and innovative programmer. Seems like we ought to have a page about these great people who have added so much to our hobby and are sadly gone now.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>When FSX released about a year ago, not long after when all>the complaints about FSX started surfacing, Peter Wilding>started talking about doing this very thing.>>Not sure what his conclusions were.........>>GlennProbably something along the lines of "It's easier, cheaper, and more profitable to continue making add-ons for MSFS." :)

>Probably something along the lines of "It's easier, cheaper,>and more profitable to continue making add-ons for MSFS." Maybe because of two assumptions:1) Development time is shorter because knowledge with older FS versions is already there2) The developer hopes for people not belonging to the "hardcore" simmers group to buy the productIn the end, it's money that matters.I only hope for some individualists to pick up the idea to produce a complex, modern airliner in X-Plane. I could think many problems and drawbacks related to the MS FS base product could be avoided there, allowing to develop a product much closer to reality than what could be done in MS FS. Then, when all the die-hards see what's possible outside the MS FS arena, I dare to bet every single one of them will run out and buy both X-Plane and the airliner.Over the time, I personally became a little frustrated by all the flaws and bugs in the add-ons I purchased. The only airliner I think I can say is matured enough to spare me from undelightful surprises is the LDS767 - but much too big for short haul and shorter runways (I hope for the Fokker 70/100...).So, I'd more than appreciate a different approach. Unfortunately, that seems only wishful thinking, and we all continue on the same old MS FS boulevard with its tarpits, holes and hills and unpaved pieces...Andreas