Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2 - PART 2-

Do you have all of:1)Vista2)DX10 GPU ( nv 8xxx series and greater,ATI 2xxx series and greater )3)DX10 driver installed and operational4)FSX-SP2If any one of those is not true, you wont see the preview checkbox.

>Do you have all of:>1)Vista>2)DX10 GPU ( nv 8xxx series and greater,ATI 2xxx series and>greater )>3)DX10 driver installed and operational>4)FSX-SP2>>If any one of those is not true, you wont see the preview>checkbox.Phil,I have just re-run the SP2 SDK installer choosing the "Repair" option ("completed successfully") and when I have a look at the Help/About MSFS screen, it still states that the sim version is SP1.Any ideas?Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hi PhilI thought it would be!I won't say the devlopers name in case of legal issues, but I will say the product I asked about.Airbus Series Vol 2.Which some here should know who sells it.CheersPhil M

See my blog for a link to Bob Arnsons' setup blog and an entry to try to help people with SP2 installation issues.

OK, i've finally figured it out and i'm pretty embarassed :-)Looks like I installed the SP2 SDK application rather than the SP2 only application. I have the right one on and now have the checkbox available.Wow what a difference... Almost double the frames (from vanilla) and with bloom on. I am really impressed with what ACES has done with this upgrade and am really looking forward to some SP2 compliant aircraft and scenery if there is such things.Thanks ACES and Phil Taylor, wonderful stuff.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32

>I sent an email to Wilco re their Airbus Vol 2 series about an>update as the aircrafts textures don't show liveries, like>many don't due to Direct X 10 preview issue.>"Microsoft has informed us that they are working on a patch to>fix the texture problem due to the Acceleration Pack / FSX SP2>installation.>>More information will soon follow on our site."Going direct to Feelthere site as Wilco says its there problemThis from Feelthere for there Legacy FSX aircraft. Dear Folks,Acceleration is not supported by us.VicSo one more aircraft in the cupboard.Trev

Trevor Golding

Well done Chris, now you mention it, I did see you typed SDK in previous message, should of picked that up for you.Yes it is better with SP2, I got about 40 to 60% improvment in frame rates, my only issue with it, is I have over $300 of acft add ons or AI Traffic add on, that no longer show their liveries if I use the DX10 preview.If you want a AI Traffic program that does show the liveries of aircraft with DX10, check out My Traffic.http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4The guys there are repaitining every aircraft to be DX10 compatabile, pitty same cannot be said about their compeitors.UT and Traffic 2006 / X by Just Flight.CheersPhil M

Hi Trev,Yes true going direct to designer would of been better I guess, but Wilco are the ones selling it.Why would they send an email stating a update from MS will fix problem, that sounds like Bull....Is it to try and keep customers?One more Afct in the cupbaord is right, I'm loosing count how many I have that are not comptable with DXT10I think it might be advisable for all payware sellers of Aircraft add ones to state it is DXT10 FSX SP2 compatable.And maybe avsim and other FS libarires should have a seperate catergory or get uploaders to put that in title, otherwise we are guessing when we go and download a acft we may like.

Hi Phil,Thanks for all your help. I am pretty confident that most of the 3PD's will eventually migrate over to FSX SP2. I do have a couple of favourites however, and am wondering when they will be converted to run on SP2. The Digital Aviation, Carenado and Eaglesoft offerings are to my mind, the best.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Yeah we hope 3pd's will, but I'd be surpirsed if it's before FS11, as then Direct X 10 won't be a preview within that Game, but I guess Phil Taylor maybe can answer that in due time.e.g with 2008 almost apon us, is next version of FS going to follow the normal 2 years release schedule? And I guess another important question is will it only be Direct X 10 or what. That is if he knows yet, I'm probably getting ahead of myself with such questions, but in time, it would be interesting to know. I'm sure 3PD's would like to know.Chris, not sure if this message was for me or Phil Taylor, confusing having two Phil's huh! Hence why I sign my posts with Phil MAnyway only way to find out is to go to the web sites of these planes and email them or find out who the devloper of them are and email them.(I think a rule of thumb could be, if the acft was orginally one for FS2004 and they did a FSX update earlier this year, then it is highly unlikely to work 100% with DX10 in regards to textures.)That is what I have been doing. I am also going to suggest to Avsim and Flightsim that maybe they ask uploaders to their libaries to put in the title of the acft that it is SP2 compatable, that is all it's textures will show running DX10 preview.I feel that is important to people who want to run DXT10.Otherwise we are only guessing and waisting bandwith d/l acft that are not DX10 compatable.CheersPhil M

FS11 is not planned for 2008, I have already stated that. The 3DPs already know that. That means there is plenty of runway for FSX add-ons.We are always examining the market and trying to guess where it will be to make decisions like "DX10 only". We are not there yet, either from a market standpoint or from a "time to make the call" standpoint. The only other thing I can say at this time is, this is certainly the sort of thing that gets discussed in the developer beta program so that 3PDs get a heads-up in a timely manner so they can make their own development/economic decisions.I agree developers should label their products as to what version of FSX they are compatible with. Certainly in the next round of titles from the studio you can expect the DX10 renderer to continue to get work on performance and new features so supporting the DX10 code path is only going to get more important.

Guest fundies

Dont forget that when you follow this "anal" process of loading FSX onto your computer, you get an extra 5fps and a heap less stutters if you remove all clothing and do the indian rain dance whilst fsx is installing.

>Certainly in the next>round of titles from the studio you can expect the DX10>renderer to continue to get work on performance and new>features so supporting the DX10 code path is only going to get>more important.Phil Taylor,Given the above statement, should I have any concern as to the suitability of my 8800 GTX Video card for these "new features" for DX10, or is that something that the H/W manufacturers can address with new versions of the driver software?And yes, I totally agree with Phil M about the 3PD's who should be labelling their products in respect of their version compatibility. Is there a standard that can be used and what does each label cover?With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

(fundies)? If this was an attempt at humor, you have failed miserably, maybe a smiley emoticon would have been appropriate. To me your post came accross as sarcastic, and if it really was sarcasm, than, may I suggest you just ignore the post? David Roth went through a lot of trouble and took time to explain and post his settings! I, for one, applaud people like him who try to help others!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)