Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2 - PART 2-

>Hi Phil,>>Thanks for all your help. I am pretty confident that most of>the 3PD's will eventually migrate over to FSX SP2. I do have>a couple of favourites however, and am wondering when they>will be converted to run on SP2. >>The Digital Aviation, Carenado and Eaglesoft offerings are to>my mind, the best.>>Cheers,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia----------------------------------------------------------------Chris, we can't speak for others but can say something about our products.The entire Eaglesoft FSX Fleet IS fully SP1 and SP2 compliant!Four of the fleet are not yet DX10 compliant. Those four are scheduled for complete rebuilds to DX10 compliance in 2008:-)The four in question are SR20, SR22, Beechjet Hawker, Liberty XL2.The ONLY issue they have is DX10 compliance but they are SP1 and SP2 compliant.By the way, DX10 compliance means a rebuild of so called "hybrid" models and those who claim Aces is offering a DX10 patch for "hybrid" models are being disengenuous to say the least.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest NimbleLooper

Do you recommend installing FSX in a new folder that is not under Program Files?

>(fundies)?> >If this was an attempt at humor, you have failed miserably,>maybe a smiley emoticon would have been appropriate.> >To me your post came accross as sarcastic, and if it really>was sarcasm, than, may I suggest you just ignore the post? >David Roth went through a lot of trouble and took time to>explain and post his settings! I, for one, applaud people like>him who try to help others!>>Pete S.Thanks Pete, but you know, this poor guy doesn't deserve that we pay attention to his words.It's sad to see the damage done by bad food and too much TV.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

No, it will just give you headaches everytime you'll want to install an addon that looks for FSX.exe and you will not see any improvement (unless your C:/drive is full).This was right for Win98 but makes no sense today.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest fundies

>(fundies)?> >If this was an attempt at humor, you have failed miserably,>maybe a smiley emoticon would have been appropriate.> >To me your post came accross as sarcastic, and if it really>was sarcasm, than, may I suggest you just ignore the post? >David Roth went through a lot of trouble and took time to>explain and post his settings! I, for one, applaud people like>him who try to help others!>>Pete S.Now that is funny Pete. Get a life!!!!!!

What about on a separate HDD - Is that no longer beneficial either?

>What about on a separate HDD - Is that no longer beneficial>either?Hi Phil,I have a seperate 320GB hard disk that is dedicated to FSX and it's add ons's and downloaded files only.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32

Thanks Ron,I have the Twin Commanche and Columbia/Cessna 400 working well in DX10. I am waiting for the release of the SR22 G3 as I forgot to but the FSX version of the G2 when it was released. I only have the FS9 version. The previous 2 mentioned work superbly.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

I did try having FSX installed on a seperate sata drive 250gb, but found no benefit and as David said, it actually created hassles when installer add ons etc.I think the same goes for a seperate partion which was popular with FS98 / 2000 days.If you but a decent rig to run Vista one gathers you wil get a decent Sata HD with plenty of space.My main HD is 320gb and I am only using 45% of it.I save any add ons I download to a external USB hard drive.Seagate has good ones.I even run a Vista back up to that drive every month.As David as posted earlier, Disk cleanup and defrag regularly is very important, a program like No Adware is handy as it gets rid of all the junk one gets from visiting web pages at times.Like Tracking cookies, spybots etc.David suggsted using Nhancer, but I found a driver stopped working issue if I had more than FSX open. But hey that may be a bug with Vista SP1RC, which is behaving funny at times, e.g Vista always pops up a message to confirm do you want to copy this or delte this or install this file or program etc( even when you have right click on file to run as admin. What has been happening recently is I get a black screen except for that message, once I click okaay screen returns to normal. I am assuming that may be a SP1RC of Vista issue. I am going to send MS feedback (through a feedback shortcut SP1 installed) about this issue.Phil M

Hi RonGood to hear you have some DXT compatable if I read you post correct.And yes your are very correct about anyone who says there will be a patch from Aces to Fix this no textures showing with DX10 preview.Only two words for that, Con job.Do you have a link to your site / products?I may check them out.ThanksPhil M

Hi David is O&O better than UltimateDefrag?I've been using that recently, can't say if it helps much compared to Vista's inbulit defreg.Do you have links to it and the diskkeeper software you mentioned?ThanksPhil

Hi David is O&O better than UltimateDefrag?I've been using that recently, can't say if it helps much compared to Vista's inbulit defreg.Do you have links to it and the diskkeeper software you mentioned?ThanksPhil m

Oh, I hadn't seen that stated before Phil, so 2009 is when FS11 may come out. Okay.There are 3 issue I still have with FSX SP2 and DX10 preview.1/ Is how taxi lines disappaer and the progressive taxi arrow line does not show unless you view form top down mode.The latter is not major issue for me, as being a PPL pilot in real life I can follow ATC taxi instructions, but disappring or flickering taxi lines says to me something is not working correct.I dont feel this is a driver issue, as I have tried 4 Drivers from Nvidia since SP2 accelation came out and none made any difference and I have read AT DXT 10 card users report same issue.2/ The light bloom effect on acft fuselage and lights ( as David R snapshots show in this thread on a earlier post)3/ Jaggered shadow inside Virtual cockpit.If you have dealt with these at your Blog, then sorry in advance, but I have not seen the info or any details on how to fix any of the above.No rush to get back as I know it's holiday time, but when you feel like replying, I would be interested to hear what you say.Happy HolidaysPhil MDell XPS710Intel Quad 6700Nvidia GTX 8800 Driver version 163.75 ( tried two more recent drivers and found them not as good)Vista Ultimate Evalution copy of SP1RC Build 6001

>Hi Ron>>Good to hear you have some DXT compatable if I read you post>correct.>And yes your are very correct about anyone who says there will>be a patch from Aces to Fix this no textures showing with DX10>preview.>Only two words for that, Con job.>>Do you have a link to your site / products?>I may check them out.>>Thanks>>Phil MPhil MGo here mate,http://www.eaglesoftdg1.com/CheersChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia