Sign in to follow this  

SP2-Full Screen Menus - FSX crashes - My Fix

Guest codkilla

Running XP SP2 Gainward Bliss++ 7800X512 and still getting menu lock-ups under FSX Accel on drivers 169.21 unless in windowed mode. (fresh install)

This driver did NOT fix the menu crash on my system while fraps is running. So the only fix I have yet to find is to disable fraps, which works on the .09 driver too.

Guest bal464

I don't have Fraps but still have the bug. For info I'm running FSX SP2, with an nVidia 7950GT card running the latest v169.28 betas (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10). I still have to run in Window mode or it freezes when I use the menus.Keep plugging away nVidia!!Ian

I have the same sort of problem. If I try to access options / settings then my system hard locks and hard drive goes mad. And If I try to enter windowed mode the exact thing happens. Everything else is fine. The problem is I can't fix it, have tried everything, clean install etc. Could this be related to your problems?

Keith Sandford.

Yeah mine hard locks too, requiring the power button to be held for 4 seconds.

Yeh exactly, which can't be any good for a hard drive that is going crazy at the time of switching off.

Keith Sandford.

Guest bal464

Hi Nudata, you may want to past this in the nVidia forums. The developers probably keep an eye on them and your investigations may help them with the fix. From what I've been reading everywhere the consensus seems to be this is an nVidia driver problem. It only affects some of us and problems like this are a #### to debug so your info may go some way to help.The work-around you suggested is worth knowing but possibly not a good idea for the less computer literate as they may disable their anti-virus or anti-spyware software without realising it. It's probabyl worth going without FSAcceleration and waiting for a fix rather than open your system up to attack!! Just a thought.Happy New Year all,Ian

On my computer after installing SP2 I had the same problem. After several uinstalls and reinstalls I also have the problem with FSX without the service packs. And my computer not only crashes when I access the menus while inflight, but also while flying without doing anything. It suddenly stutters a few seconds and after the blue screen it restarts. Installing the new Nvidia drivers did not help.

>I have the same sort of problem. If I try to access options />settings then my system hard locks and hard drive goes mad.>And If I try to enter windowed mode the exact thing happens.>Everything else is fine. The problem is I can't fix it, have>tried everything, clean install etc. Could this be related to>your problems?For some reason I assumed that if trying to enter windowed mode via the menu screen and suffering a system crash, then alt / enter would produce the same result. However, hitting alt / enter works perfectly. I can access the settings via the free flight window and that also works fine. Its not a fix but more a workaround.

Keith Sandford.

Guest DJP

Things get better for me (does not hang but get a gracefulish exit) if I disable the Saitek DirectOutput service for my X52 Pro.

Guest darkalchemist

FSX SP2 Still crashes with 169.21 update. I'm running 64bit XP and FSX still crashes when I select menu. However if I use windows mode it works.

I thought I would try SP2. Doh! Now my screen freezes on full screen mode when trying to access the menu items. I am not using fraps.Any ideas?

Guest bal464

Sadly you've joined a huge club that's growing daily. Just about the only hint I've heards is that nVidia are pumping new versions all the time and any one them could fix the problem (not yet thought!)Keep your eyes on http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us for the latest drivers.Ian