Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Aerosoft Twin Otter released... heads up

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the heads up :-)Does it fly well? Any bugs? Heavy on the fps?I'd appreciate your opinion on the Twotter.Ulf B

>Does it fly well? Any bugs? Heavy on the fps?>I'd appreciate your opinion on the Twotter.It is quite a bit better on frames than even the beaver is. I don't know how they did it, but the frames are at least as good as default planes if not quite a bit better. As far as the bugs go, I haven't flown it enough yet. There isn't anything blatantly obvious. As awesome as the VC and exterior models are, I think the flight model and sounds are the true winners in the package. I'm not saying that the visual aspects aren't top notch, but the soundset and flight dynamics are over the top, just excellent. In time I believe this thing will surpass the PMDG 747X as my favorite aircraft addon for FS ever. It is just such a nice package all in one. If there is one disappointment it is that there isn't an amphibious w/gear model. I know they are rare in real life but they still exist and would have been nice to include in the package.Kudos to Aerosoft on possibly the best plane anywhere for MSFS!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the info - I'm off to the Aerosoft site :-)Ulf B

>Is the kln a fully functioning unit or just the default fs>gps with an overlay?No, the GPS that comes with it is entirely different. Honestly, I don't know how to use it because I haven't used that kind before and I haven't read the instructions yet :(It looks to me like a really old version of the GNS430 as far as its functionality goes. But again I have no idea. All I know is that it is completely different from any GPS I've ever seen.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest Arry

Hello,the Twin Otter has no (!!!!) 2D-Cokpit. I can't use it.Happy landingsArry

Guest j0nx

Too bad. I won't buy from them again because they triplecharged me for an $89 order a few months back, caused my credit card to get maxed out which cost me a $50 overage fee. I asked them to pay it and they refused so I refuse to do business with them again. Looks like a great product but I will never know.

She really looks great.Could you please post a screen of the KLN 90B GPS and the moving map?Thanks for the heads-up!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest bjablonka

I have bought several items from this company and never had any problems with them, also they have excellent customer service.

>Hello,>>the Twin Otter has no (!!!!) 2D-Cokpit. I can't use it.>>Happy landings>>ArryYou could just assign any Twin Otter 2D panel to it...??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Stoopy

>Too bad. I won't buy from them again because they>triplecharged me for an $89 order a few months back, caused my>credit card to get maxed out which cost me a $50 overage fee.>I asked them to pay it and they refused so I refuse to do>business with them again. Looks like a great product but I>will never know.Your max credit card limit is less than $267 ??

Yep looks like a great package and getting good reviews in the forums! Good value at 23 Euro ($35 AUD)Just bought it and downloading now.

Matthew S