Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I died and have gone to heaven! WOW, WOW, and er..WOW!

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Cool I may give it a try..... I like what i hear about the roads....

Yeah, I know how you feel. ;) I bought UTX Europe last week and I'm having BIG fun flying around above my own region (the Netherlands) with the Ultralight, following roads I know by heart: I REALLY have the idea I am THERE! It all is exactly as it is! I can REALLY fly VFR now! It has changed my simming life completely. And I don't even have GEX yet... :( It's going to be even better when GEX Europe will be released!Funny side effect is that I am constantly having 'revelations' about how things really are down there: I suddenly see how other roads I use connect to again other roads, or how the distance between or placement of certain places is totally different than I thought it was: I notice I am passing things while driving there that I didn't know where there or that are closer than I thought, etc. etc. If you know what I mean. ;) You get a totally new insight in everything once you see it from high above! It's great.

Guest Nick_N

UTX is one of the "cornerstone" add-ons to MSFS. In my book it is a mandatory purchase.There are a certain number of add-ons that design the "base" from which the simulated experience is elevated to wonderful heights, no pun intended, and without them MSFS would simply not be the same or anywhere near, 'as real as it gets'.Jeff and Allen did a wonderful job with the X series. Their continued support of the product line far past release and attention to customers continues to establish and maintain UT as one of the all-time 'best'. No sim should be without it.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Well I Got It! and with the Defualt install option it dropped from 6-7 frames. I am locked at 20 but then got 14-13 , I am going to play with the settings some.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

What did I do Wrong..... I was in Charleston KCHS and the ocean was turned to dirt. and most of the cooper river and ashley river was gone.... HELP

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Whew,,,,, Been tweaking some on UTX.... I have to say wow along with the original poster. I really like the roads being in the right place. Maybe someone has allready figured out the best settings for UTX. If so please post your finding...

Guest Nick_N

Night Lighting.. main roads OFF, intersection ONpersonal preference.. turn off glaciers, railway yards, highway interchanges... allows better autogen placement in my opinionThen change these items... WIDTHSUT OCEAN PIER 3UT RAIL ENC DRY 14UT RAIL ENC SEASONAL 14UT RAIL ENC TROPICAL 14UT RAIL ENC BRIDGE 14UT RAIL ENC TRACKS 12UT ROAD ENC DRY 28UT ROAD ENC SEASONAL 28UT ROAD ENC TROPICAL 28UT ROAD ENC2 DRY 16UT ROAD ENC2 SEASONAL 16FLATTENINGUT STREAM LINE DRY -2UT STREAM LINE WET -2Make sure you have any updates or patches you may need for UTX... You should be on version 1.20b, if so, you should be good to go

There is truly no really 'best' settings that can be posted. My 'best' is only subjective to your view on what is 'best'.Tweak away...and have a blast. From yesterday, I have brought up my FPS from that Buttonville initial test approach to doing it the same today at 15-22FPS!!!Read the manuals...tweak, fire up FSX--see result (subjective), and start the process all over.I just came off of a flight in a Baron from Charleston, S.C. to Kentucky-Cincinnati.Unbelievable what adding UTX and GEXnhanced to FSX has done. FSX is putting out, quite frankly, true-to-life images. FSX without this and GEXnhanced...is a dog! With it....a KILLER flight simulator. I haven't flown FS9 for two days....sheesh...

Guest Nick_N

>>Unbelievable what adding UTX and GEXnhanced to FSX has done.>FSX is putting out, quite frankly, true-to-life images. FSX>without this and GEXnhanced...is a dog! With it....a KILLER>flight simulator. I haven't flown FS9 for two>days....sheesh...>>Now why would you want to go back to FS9?that would be like downgrading to Vista from XP :-hah :-beerchug :-bluegrab

>>Unbelievable what adding UTX and GEXnhanced to FSX has done.>FSX is putting out, quite frankly, true-to-life images. FSX>without this and GEXnhanced...is a dog! With it....a KILLER>flight simulator. I haven't flown FS9 for two>days....sheesh...>>Now why would you want to go back to FS9?that would be like downgrading to Vista from XP :-hah :-beerchug -----------------------------------------------Well..I have to tell ya.. ;)FS9 is a keeper also, at least on my present system. I can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. :) I use BEV with it, and that satisfied me, until I made the serious mistake of reading someones GEX-BLEW-ME-AWAY posting on this forum...and it had my fingers and right foot tapping away half way through the post. The wallet came out from the jeans about 15 minutes later as I did the Yeah?...Nah...Yeah?...Nah...Nah...Yeah! Yeah!... The last Yeah won it Nick. :)MitchThe rest is..er...'history'. :0

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

YUP!!! UTX and GEX Together really make a difference. I was flying around My Home Town and ALL ROADS where correct... (wasnt in RTM FSX) so I am a happy camper. I am still tweaking UTX may take a couple of nights.... *grin*

Either recipe for UTX Tweaking Success or disaster: Only YOU can decide...-----------------------Sip beer, put down beer, TWEAK, fire up FSX--observe, shut down FSX, pick up beer, sip beer, put down beer, TWEAK........until final TWEAK, or the 6 pack is empty. This could work, you know? I have used this tweaking system since FS98. It does really work..and you stay so relaxed....;)Mitch

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Unrelated to the Post. What is the "Thunderstorm Light" for and when to turn it on? (F1 Super 80)