Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

If you are NOT playing around with DX10 Preview...GET RID OF...

I appreciate any body's two cents worth! :)I did all that you highlighted, before having read this actual post, and stopped short of running SP2 again. I'm happy as a SP1 user, and have a fantastic sim back, once more.Thanks for your thoughts...:)Mitch

>>What the heck..I'm doing it now. I just deleted my FSX>>installation via Disk 1 of FSX Pro.>>>>That's where I am now..and will report back after a full>>install, and after adding all my stuff.>>>>I will HONESTLY report any improvements (I eat crow>>**willingly**, if proved wrong!) OR..I will also honestly>>report no improvements, or side-effects if any as they were>>there, pre-clean-install.>>>>Who knows how long this is gonna take...sheesh...>>>>Later,>>>>Mitch>---------------------------------------->>No matter what I have done in the last hour and a half, I can>no longer get UTX and its land and water class to give me what>I had before...a beautiful sea and land. I have tropical light>blue colors now at Myrtle Beach that should not be there, nor>was there before I messed around with installing SP2 'by the>book'. This has got to be the worst thing that I have done,>and now will simply right off my FSX installation and remove>it from the hard drive with all files and folders. I will then>tonight try once more to install it clean, and then with only>going as far as SP1. I have already uninstalled GEXn, UTX USA>AND Can once tonight and have then reinstalled through the>Flight1 wrapper. I don't know how many times you can do that>before the key craps out on me as well. I guess that I am>going to find that out, too. Totally bummed out...and have>hours of work ahead of me, just to (pray) that I can get my>SP1 FSX back the way it was. Like I said, this has cost>me..and will not be repeated.>>Goodnight, all.>>Mitch-------------------------------------I have my FSX back to Pre-SP2-Clean Install, quality, and am once more enjoying the FSX experience.Thanks, all.Mitch R.

Now I will say you guys really did a great job of pulling RTM out of the fire but none the less, the same

I agree about the ACES certainly not appearing to give a hoot about fixing the tons of issues with the program. I'm not at all happy at this point. I think the ACES team does care about the program, but they are IMO probably constrained by the bean counters at Microsoft. It seems like they rush everything out the door not ready for prime time. If it's not an OS, consider yourself lucky to get any kind of SP's.They certainly sold a lot of people a bill of goods on the DX10 issue, and I'm glad I didn't bite on the Vista thing - more bloated code offering little in the way of improvements over xp.When you see the ongoing work on programs like Crysis, one could only hope that MS would take the same care. And PHil, you never did answer my questions. Thanks.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Um, have you played Crysis? It is a buggy mess towards the end. I literally can't finish the game. There are clipping issues on the carrier and texture issues before that. I'm just saying Crysis/Crytek is no shining knight in the kingdom of software development.

Repeatedly NEGATIVE you say?Okay, see my specs below. I just spent almost $4,000US on the fastest possible hardware available for a home PC. There simply is nothing faster available right now. I was excited to build this computer myself yesterday and the prospect of FINALLY being able to run FSX at full tilt made me drool. I optimized, overclocked and the result?The result? 18-20 FPS at KSEA with settings medium high in the Microlight with 100% AI default traffic (a grand total of 11 default aircraft at KSEA). 8 FPS with all sliders at full. I assume the 'FS' in FSX stands for Flight SIMULATOR and not Flight SLIDESHOW?So, first let me be adult, as you say, and get my point out: On second thought, let me not. Instead I'll take your second piece of advice and move on: Anyone who wants a FREE FSX DVD set please PM me with your mailing information and I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. There, moved on.Good luck with FS11.Regards,Mike T.

I've played Crysis all the way through. Yes, it has it's share of problems, but they continue to work on it.When I first started playing it I had tons of problems. But they were all, or most at least, a result of improper memory timings that my motherboard had automatically set wrong. Once I manually set them, the problems were eliminated to the point where I could play all the way through without crashing or artifacts, with great frame rates, and gorgeous scenery, with all settings on high. I was also frequently able to play through levels like assault with no problems like many people were having.Now I have problems again with the game, (apparent memory leaks in parts of the game I never exerienced before) but I do not believe it is the programming. I probably should check the timings again, or perhaps my power supply, and or reload the game.Anyhow, the point is, Crysis was not abandoned as was FSX. That is what disturbs me the most, besides the DX10 issue. Regarding your issues with Crysis, do take a close look at your hardware, especially memory timings, and overclocks. They seem to be the biggest problems for Crysis from what I have discovered.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Crysis will be "abandoned" when it is EOL'd, a year or two after it's release.And I'm pretty sure my memory timings aren't causing me to fall THROUGH the carrier into the hold or the water. And this is after a 1.1 patch and a 1.2 patch. Very frustrating after hours of playing to not be able to finish.My memory is at spec, and the system is Orthos/Prime stable overnight.

I can imagine that would be frustrating indeed! I've personally never experienced that issue. I've been marveling at how well the game plays in general, especially when you take into consideration the quality of the AI and the graphics.

Hi.1. "ACES certainly not appearing to give a hoot about fixing the tons of issues with the program."2. "probably constrained by the bean counters at Microsoft"3. "It seems like they rush everything out the door not ready for prime time"4. "If it's not an OS, consider yourself lucky to get any kind of SP's."5. "They certainly sold a lot of people a bill of goods on the DX10 issue"6. "more bloated code offering little in the way of improvements over xp"7. "Crysis was not abandoned as was FSX"Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

>Repeatedly NEGATIVE you say?>>Okay, see my specs below. I just spent almost $4,000US on the>fastest possible hardware available for a home PC. There>simply is nothing faster available right now. I was excited>to build this computer myself yesterday and the prospect of>FINALLY being able to run FSX at full tilt made me drool. I>optimized, overclocked and the result?>>The result? 18-20 FPS at KSEA with settings medium high in>the Microlight with 100% AI default traffic (a grand total of>11 default aircraft at KSEA). 8 FPS with all sliders at full.> I assume the 'FS' in FSX stands for Flight SIMULATOR and not>Flight SLIDESHOW?>>So, first let me be adult, as you say, and get my point out: >On second thought, let me not. >>Instead I'll take your second piece of advice and move on: >Anyone who wants a FREE FSX DVD set please PM me with your>mailing information and I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. >There, moved on.>>Good luck with FS11.>>Regards,>>Mike T.>-----------------------------------Mike...?!?!?!?!?!? How can THIS BE? I get 18-22 with my humble P4!!! What gives? Something is wrong. I have all my sliders to the right except Water... If I can get the performance you are getting, then you should trump me by at least 10 FPS at the minimum!!!I'm at a loss....Mitch

Those look like the vineyards in the Barossa Valey near Adelaide. I was flying around the other night in the Baron and J-3 cub just taking it all in, drinking a Barossa shiraz, and I do believe my jaw was slack! I'd post the screenshots, but I encountered some turbulence and spilled the wine all over my white shirt and it would be too embarassing. Plus, they were taken with the Matrox triple Head To Go and are too large for these forums. No need for a ton of AI when you're sightseeing like this, and the performance increase after reducing the aircraft traffic slider is monumental(I have My Traffic X installed). I still tend to do my airline flying in FS9, because most of the time it's IFR and I don't really need the graphics intensity of FSX. But that said, best airliner performance for me in FSX is with reduced (20-25%) traffic and using the Overland aircraft in conjunction with the gauge suite by Ernie Alston at iSG, which gives you a working FMC, TCAS (works online as well!) and moving map depiction of your flightplan and local Navaids on the MFD. Check it out:http://isgsim.comRegards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.