Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longers

wrong font in (on) cockpit (buttons) / unreadable

HiA problem has come up and instead of reinstalling my 1001 addons, perhaps there is a easy fix.The text when 'over' buttons is unreadable. It's way to Bold, and looks like black blocks.What happenened?Is there a font not installad, or a wrong font took the place of the default FSX font (last one I think)Anyone knows what font is used for the mouse-over-button text?Anyone ever fixed thisTHXmtRunning FSX SP2 on XP Pro with 4GB mem Asus 8800GTSP5K 4GB-DaneElec Q6600 8800GTS640MB XPproSP2 FSXSP2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have this problem on some of my planes. Most are OK.No clue how to fix :-(

So far I've only had this problem with rhe DeHavilland DHC6-300 Twin Otter Package for FSX by Premier Aircraft Design. it's only a problem when using the virtual cockpit. The 2D cockpit show the font correctly. No idea how to fix it.

Unfortunately this is a common problem in FSX-SP2 with some fs2004-converted or "older" FSX aircraft. Incidentally the same blocky text problem occurs in my favourite old racing sim Grand Prix Legends sometimes in D3D graphics mode (<--- third party btw)You may notice the cockpit "tooltips" display correctly in 2D cockpit, when you switch to 3D cockpit the text appears correctly for a split second then goes blocky & illegible.One solution is to revert to SP1, which may be not so radical for some folk.Longers