Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

What is this plane?

This plane was getting ready to depart as I was waiting to have my plane pulled out of the hangar the other day. The pilot was hanging out inside and I asked if it was a corporate plane. He said it was- a fractional share. He then said the name, but I didn't really hear him.It was really, really nice looking. Very different. The cockpit was about eye level which is strange for a plane this size- it was squat.I actually put my camera in movie mode and recorded the turbine start up- I think those are too big to post however.I love all airplanes, but after seeing something like this, the warrior doesn't feel so cool :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167572.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>This plane was getting ready to depart as I was waiting to>have my plane pulled out of the hangar the other day. The>pilot was hanging out inside and I asked if it was a corporate>plane. He said it was- a fractional share. He then said the>name, but I didn't really hear him.It's the Piaggio P180 Avanti.Marco

One of the guys that graduated from my school flies for that fractional ownership company. I think it is called Avantair.

Thanks for the replies- I thought he said something like that. I heard "Bellagio" but that is the hotel in Las Vegas right?>One of the guys that graduated from my school flies for that>fractional ownership company. I think it is called Avantair.Yes- that was the company. This guy was in his 40's though- you are still pretty young right?What a nice plane- I should really get better camera, I could get some great pics down there.

I don't like the looks of the Avanti. Too bubbly and rounded looking for me. The Starship looks/looked nice though.The Avanti is one of, if not the fastest non-jet exec's around. Chuck Yeager holds some twin turboprop records in a Piper Cheyenne III but I bet those could be bested with an Avanti (??) but it might be a class heavier than a Cheyenne III.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Yes I am 22 and I think the the guy that flies for them is probably in his late 20's

Ahhh, one of my favorite FS9 planes to fly.FSD-International has a commercial FS9 version available. Now that I am in FSX, there was just released a Freeware version here at avsim. I haven't had time to try it yet, but here you go.Freeware Avantihttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxac&DLID=98239Once FSD Updates theirs for FSX, I'll be there grabbing it. They did an awesome job on the one for FS9, and I look forward to the new one.That is one beautiful plane, IMHO.Regards,Joe