Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Best GA planes for FSX?

Hi all. Having been away from FSX for a year because I was unable to make the sim run satisfactory, I'm not quite up to date on addons.I'm looking for ultralights, LSA and light aircraft. I fear that if they're too framerate-heavy, my sim will once again come to a screeching, blurry halt, so they have to be FPS friendly. I'm primarily looking for freeware, but payware is OK too if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm also interested in finding some small VFR scenery addon areas or GA airports.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Here's a couple for starters (both freeware):Deane Baunton's Fletcher is a nice ag/crop sprayerRick Piper's Foxbat is a nice 3-axis microlight

Carenado: Cessna 182RG, 182Q, 206 and Piper 180 Cherokee.RealAir: Scout package and SF260Eaglesoft: Liberty and the Twin ComancheAerosoft: DH Beaver (heavier than you may want, but really frame rate friendly)AlphaSim: Rutan Long EZ (very unique aircraft)A few that pop to the top of my head.

Guest jshyluk

Hmmm, as much as I like the handling and overall look of the Eaglesoft Liberty, it really eats into framerates if you fly in bad weather, especially rain, and I'm not the biggest fan of the sound file, either. Fair weather flight, with the sound turned down and the music turned up, and a TrackIR, well, that's flying heaven.On that list, and the top of my list (for add-ons) would be the Aerosoft's BeaverX, which is an amazing package.Still, my all-time favourite is the J-3 Piper Cub that comes with FSX. It's a total joy to fly, fun to land and take-off, and you can pop the door open and fly "au natural". That, and the R22 helo is a blast.Jeff ShylukAssistant Manging EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

The Liberty has just recently been rebuilt, and I find the frame rates have been improved.BTW, I should have added the Carenado Mooney to my list above. Excellant as well.

Hallo Jimmi,A few more for your list: - the Premier Aircraft model of the LSA airplane, the German Flight Design CTsw:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187411.jpgThe Aeriane Swift sailplane by David Rowberry:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187412.jpgBoth are very nice, both are in the Avsi library.Best regards.Luis

Luis,The Premier Aircraft model of the LSA airplane looks interesting. Where can I find more info?Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest craig1998

>Still, my all-time favourite is the J-3 Piper Cub that comes>with FSX. It's a total joy to fly, fun to land and take-off,>and you can pop the door open and fly "au natural". That, and>the R22 helo is a blast.>>>Jeff Shyluk>Assistant Manging Editor>Senior Staff Reviewer>AVSIM>how do you find the handling of the J3 on the ground compared to real world handling? I never flew one but I flew in one and It doesnt seem as erratic in real life as it is in FSX. But I know what you mean on being the favorite otherwise. its a bush pilot's dream.

Jeff, FYI the Eaglesoft FSX Liberty XL2 has been updated with fewer draw calls, .dds textures, full DX10 Preview compliance, Wide Screen 2D Panels and best of all the update is free to current FSX Liberty XL2 owners by simply redownloading and reinstalling.As a reviewer here you may have seen our press release on this a few weeks back... That is why Brian is recommending it:-)By the way, the soundset is actual recordings of the real Liberty XL2 and was produced by Aron Swindle of Skysong Soundworks:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest dswo

>RealAir: Scout package and SF260>>Aerosoft: DH Beaver (heavier than you may want, but really>frame rate friendly)These are good recommendations.The RealAir SF.260 is my all-time favorite for FS2004 and now FSX: fast, flexible, beautiful VC gauges, and very FPS-friendly; good for VFR and IFR. Scout is very polished as well and, again, FPS-friendly. For my money, these are the best models you can buy.Aerosoft Beaver is another good deal: lots of models and liveries, fun sound, easy to fly, goes everywhere, and FPS-friendly.What you won't get with any of these is advanced avionics. For that, you want Eaglesoft or Digital Aviation. Since framerates are a concern, I have reservations about Digital Aviation; otherwise I would recommend that you look at their Dornier Do-27. It's a beautiful package, but not as framerate-friendly as the RealAir or Aerosoft planes already mentioned; also, the model is not fully FSX-compliant. Don't know about framerates on their Piper Cheyenne (which is the one with advanced avionics; the Do-27 has very basic -- but wonderfully rendered -- instrumentation).

I have bought lots but my two favorites still are the RealAir SF.260 and the Eaglesoft Twin Commanche.The SF.260 cause it feels the most like a real single engine plane, and the instruments are the smoothest allowing good ifr practice.The eaglesoft commanche because it simply feels like a twin...instruments are also pretty smooth.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/