Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n4gix

Any way to do 2D view with hat switch and NOT see wings, etc?

I liked this in FS9, that you could hit the W key to clear out the forward view, and when you changed view directions with the hat switch the view would remain free of plane components. Any way to do this with FSX?Thanks in advance,NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, a workaround has been found and documented in this forum.Try selecting the 2d panel view.Hit W to get gauges only view.Hit shift-2 or similar to pop up a window.Hit A, shift-A.Voila.

Thanks, I'll try it. Too bad there is not another workaround to . . . restore the prior easy capability. Nasty when they remove a function that works fine . . .QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

I believe that the removal was not a planned feature change, but something that happened when fixing another problem.

Yes, that "un-planned" feature makes FSX questionable for home cockpit builders. We have no need for 2d panels so why must I see them? And yes, I have looked at all the possible way to fix the problem. Restoring the full capabilities of the "W" key is what's needed/expected.Richard

I'd love to have that standard behavior restored as well, but I've found that the workaround actually allows me to map a Yoke button to the 2d view and another to the VC view; and not only can I set the 2d view to not showing any parts of the airplane, I can save the situation and this view setting is saved as well.So I've pretty much learned to live with it.

>Yes, that "un-planned" feature makes FSX questionable for>home cockpit builders. >>We have no need for 2d panels so why must I see them? And yes,>I have looked at all the possible way to fix the problem. >Restoring the full capabilities of the "W" key is what's>needed/expected.Knowing that it isn't going to magically change behavior, everyone ultimately has too choices. Learn to use the workarounds to best advantage, or continue to chafe and fume.Life's too short to fret about things over which we have no control... ;)