Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Question on baggage trucks and tower views

Just had three quick questions. First, when parked at the gate with the cargo doors open, the baggage truck and the other truck with the conveyor belt show up and attach to the aircraft. The questions is, when I close the cargo doors, how long or what do I need to do to trigger the baggage truck to drive away before I push back? So far I have tried a few different things such as reopening and closing the doors, but I can't get the baggage trucks to pull away.Second question. Is there any way to look around in the tower view beside slewing? I would like to be able to look at least to the left or right, but can't seem to change the view since it seems that it's set in the direction of the aircraft that I am flying.Last quesiton. Is there a way to get the tower view that is availble in multiplayer with the radar screens in the regular offline mode?Thanks in advance.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1) I've found with the baggage trucks that if you just wait about five minutes they will eventually pack up and leave of their own accord. I leave the cargo doors open until they leave and then I close them.2) I read in a recent article in Computer Pilot that you can set a key in the Buttons/Keys/Views menu to toggle between View track/pan in tower view, but I haven't had much luck implementing it yet. I'd like to hear from anyone who has.3) I tried this some time ago with some success as I remember. Just save the multiplayer session with the ; key and load it from Free Flight, then choose your location from the menu bar. I suggest that a little experimentation will answer your question.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Thanks for the help Mike. I will check out your suggestions on the views and try saving a "tower flight".Sean

>2) I read in a recent article in Computer Pilot that you can>set a key in the Buttons/Keys/Views menu to toggle between>View track/pan in tower view, but I haven't had much luck>implementing it yet. I'd like to hear from anyone who has.First, the tip does work as described...However, it will only work with the "real" tower view... meaning, that using the A key you can scroll through a list of nearby towers, including the local tower......which may, or may not be the "real" tower view. IOW, the local tower is listed twice. Only the first one will allow the pan to be unlocked.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

I've got it working now, thanks Bill. Great feature!Mike.

Mike Beckwith

>I've got it working now, thanks Bill. Great feature!It is rather cool, isn't it?I use it quite frequently when replaying a landing... Switch to tower view and hit "Replay..."It's cool to watch yourself landing from the tower controller's perspective.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556