Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Flight1's Mustang is coming!

I enthusiastically applaud selection of the aircraft but at the same time worry about the enormous challenges. The G1000 is really the key here to a reasonably faithful reproduction. For example will it have sufficient functionality to load and shoot some WAAS approaches? Or how about its GFC700 autopilot? I just don't see it happening unless Garmin is also on board sharing for example some software from its G1000 trainer.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>I enthusiastically applaud selection of the aircraft but at>the same time worry about the enormous challenges. The G1000>is really the key here to a reasonably faithful reproduction.>For example will it have sufficient functionality to load and>shoot some WAAS approaches? Or how about its GFC700 autopilot?>I just don't see it happening unless Garmin is also on board>sharing for example some software from its G1000 trainer.>>Michael J.You are right, there is a lot you do not see happening.Jim Rhoads

>>Ron>You guys are heavy into corp jets, is there any specific>reason no one does the Gulfstreams or Falcons for FSX?Gulfstream has prohibited commercial developers from doing their aircraft. The Falcons in various forms are on our drawing boards but we have other projects in the lineup first:-)We appreciate your questions and would answer in our own forums or another thread but this one is for the F1 Mustang. We happen to think that F1 is doing a great job with that project and would prefer to not let the thread go OT:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>>>Ron>>You guys are heavy into corp jets, is there any specific>>reason no one does the Gulfstreams or Falcons for FSX?>>Gulfstream has prohibited commercial developers from doing>their aircraft. The Falcons in various forms are on our>drawing boards but we have other projects in the lineup>first:-)>>We appreciate your questions and would answer in our own>forums or another thread but this one is for the F1 Mustang.>We happen to think that F1 is doing a great job with that>project and would prefer to not let the thread go OT:-)>>Thanks Ron.Jim

You're welcome Jim:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest PPSFA

Wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just seemed like a good time to ask, since the corp 'bigwigs' were here :-)Already have my order in for the Stang :-)

Guest gmark

My order is in.GMark@KLUK

Guest RichardL

Is the F1 Mustang using the Mindstar Aviation G1000 or an in-house design?Regards,

>Is the F1 Mustang using the Mindstar Aviation G1000 or an>in-house design?>>Regards,Our own, of course. The Mustang G1000 is a derivative of Flight1 techs upcoming G1000 Student trainer. Much like what we did with the Avidyne Student package. And it is a ground up development that has nothing to do with piggy backing off of a trainer or even FS. Flight planning done right from the unit, not from the FS Planner.Jim Rhoads

Guest RichardL

Thanks Jim.I could ask many questions but I'll wait for the release at F1.Best Regards,RichardOk, just one q. Are the PFD and MFD un-dockable for movement to seperate monitors?

>>"Will be a nice match with ESDG's FSX Citation X 2.0 when>it's out.">>Thanks for the kind words. Looks like a great year for Cessna>Corporate Jets:-)>>It appears that Jim and team have outdone themselves on this>one!>We would like to be first in line to congratulate them on what>appears to be an oustanding offering!:-)>>It would be nice to have another small jet like the Premier1.

>Looks, ahhhh cute.>Crts eat FPS.>The Eaglesoft Columbia kills my machine.The Pilatus has some>nice displays and I can run it at a acceptable rate.>I hope they can pull it off along with Aerosofts f-16.>I like alot of others do not have any headroom left without>moving some sliders down.The Liberty kills my computer's frame rate. lol

Jim,Does it have tha terrain awareness map?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter