Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahuimanu

Flight1's Mustang is coming!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There really is only one true Mustang, and it wasn't built by Cessna! :)

Looks, ahhhh cute.Crts eat FPS.The Eaglesoft Columbia kills my machine.The Pilatus has some nice displays and I can run it at a acceptable rate.I hope they can pull it off along with Aerosofts f-16.I like alot of others do not have any headroom left without moving some sliders down.

>"Will be a nice match with ESDG's FSX Citation X 2.0 when it's out."Thanks for the kind words. Looks like a great year for Cessna Corporate Jets:-)It appears that Jim and team have outdone themselves on this one!We would like to be first in line to congratulate them on what appears to be an oustanding offering!:-)

>Looks, ahhhh cute.>Crts eat FPS.>The Eaglesoft Columbia kills my machine.mmmm....my experience is much different. My Columbia is very acceptable within FSX...better than it was in FS9.Just flew it the last couple nights on my correct trip to the west coast...locked at 38, I was probably averaging mid-twenties most the time, but saw high teens to low/mid thirties as well depending on the weather. I rarely made it into the twenties in FS9.

Thanks Brian. As always, everyones mileage varies.Again, that F1 Cessna Mustang looks to be a great aircraft! :-)

>>"Will be a nice match with ESDG's FSX Citation X 2.0 when>it's out.">>Thanks for the kind words. Looks like a great year for Cessna>Corporate Jets:-)>>It appears that Jim and team have outdone themselves on this>one!>We would like to be first in line to congratulate them on what>appears to be an oustanding offering!:-)>ES, you should do this one, Citation Columbus, -- > http://www.cessna.com/news/gallery/Check out the cockpit picture.

Saw it when the announcement was made. Not much point in doing a non existant aircraft. We must say that it is an intriguing aircraft though...looks like a CX on steroids:-)How 'bout that Cessna Mustang by Flight One though:-)

>Well, folks...for the bizjet set, this ought to get your>blood pumping:Hi Kurt,Thanks for the mention. Also worth mentioning, we are in official partnership with Cessna on the Mustang Jet, This is a first for any 3rd party FS developer. You can be assured of an accurate representation. Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1

I am glad to see the new Biz Jets being developed by the third party vedors. Especially with these new generation cockpits.

Jim,Here is one for your consideration that everyone is familiar with and is crying out for a high quality remake for FSX. This is the Glass cockpit model, but I'd buy either in a heartbeat. Make sure you click on the pictures to enlarge them.http://www.airliners.net/photo/Beech-Super-King/1185787/M/ahttp://www.airliners.net/photo/Aerotaxi-Ge...King/1330507/M/http://www.airliners.net/photo/Teuto-Air-L...King/1212233/M/http://www.hawkerbeechcraft.com/beechcraft...ckpit_tour.aspx

RonYou guys are heavy into corp jets, is there any specific reason no one does the Gulfstreams or Falcons for FSX?

I enthusiastically applaud selection of the aircraft but at the same time worry about the enormous challenges. The G1000 is really the key here to a reasonably faithful reproduction. For example will it have sufficient functionality to load and shoot some WAAS approaches? Or how about its GFC700 autopilot? I just don't see it happening unless Garmin is also on board sharing for example some software from its G1000 trainer.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>I enthusiastically applaud selection of the aircraft but at>the same time worry about the enormous challenges. The G1000>is really the key here to a reasonably faithful reproduction.>For example will it have sufficient functionality to load and>shoot some WAAS approaches? Or how about its GFC700 autopilot?>I just don't see it happening unless Garmin is also on board>sharing for example some software from its G1000 trainer.>>Michael J.You are right, there is a lot you do not see happening.Jim Rhoads

>>Ron>You guys are heavy into corp jets, is there any specific>reason no one does the Gulfstreams or Falcons for FSX?Gulfstream has prohibited commercial developers from doing their aircraft. The Falcons in various forms are on our drawing boards but we have other projects in the lineup first:-)We appreciate your questions and would answer in our own forums or another thread but this one is for the F1 Mustang. We happen to think that F1 is doing a great job with that project and would prefer to not let the thread go OT:-)

>>>>Ron>>You guys are heavy into corp jets, is there any specific>>reason no one does the Gulfstreams or Falcons for FSX?>>Gulfstream has prohibited commercial developers from doing>their aircraft. The Falcons in various forms are on our>drawing boards but we have other projects in the lineup>first:-)>>We appreciate your questions and would answer in our own>forums or another thread but this one is for the F1 Mustang.>We happen to think that F1 is doing a great job with that>project and would prefer to not let the thread go OT:-)>>Thanks Ron.Jim

Wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just seemed like a good time to ask, since the corp 'bigwigs' were here :-)Already have my order in for the Stang :-)

Is the F1 Mustang using the Mindstar Aviation G1000 or an in-house design?Regards,

>Is the F1 Mustang using the Mindstar Aviation G1000 or an>in-house design?>>Regards,Our own, of course. The Mustang G1000 is a derivative of Flight1 techs upcoming G1000 Student trainer. Much like what we did with the Avidyne Student package. And it is a ground up development that has nothing to do with piggy backing off of a trainer or even FS. Flight planning done right from the unit, not from the FS Planner.Jim Rhoads