Sign in to follow this  
Guest player1

Poor Aces? Poor Hobby? Poor Phil? Poor me?

I think you've made a bit of a mistake here. you banned an upstanding member of the community because he disagreed with you and now you are hiding behind what is essentially an asinine policy. But policy is policy isn't it? except when it meets discretion and honor. You sir have demonstrated that you have neither the capacity for reasonable discretion nor the honor to realize and correct your mistake. I know that internet etiquette insists that we not call out our fellow members for morally reprehensible deeds (especially if said member is a moderator), but I think we need to push back on that etiquette a bit and call it like we see it on occasion.

>Are you directing this post at me? I assume so, as it is in>response to my post. If you missed it there was a smilely next>to my remark. That's called a joke! I don't fully hide who I>am, only to the general public, First name is enough for them>in this world with identity theft, AVSIM has my full name! As>for 2, I don't know what you are talking about??? >No I was not. There is no ability to "Reply" without being "in response to"... despite the fact one's post may simply be a global reply.One of the flaws of this message board. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Per avsim rules-but with 6 posts you must have agreed to this:Your account must adhere to the following: 1.) Your user ID (Nickname) can be your choice, but you must provide your REAL FULL First and Last Name. Any accounts that do not have a real full first and last name provided will be removed. Note: Your username cannot be changed once you register, so please be careful when deciding on that. If you want to change your username, you will need to contact the forum admin to remove your account. Whoops-I see you didn't follow this-though you must have read it!I didn't make the rules but I am supposed to enforce them. Your "asinine" comment doesn't really work in your favor.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I finally understand , so blinded by my own enthusiasm i missed it , four long years have passed since i first laid eyes on FS and in that time layer by layer the veils have come off , to reveal... Naivet

Guest grapesh

>Per avsim rules-but with 6 posts you must have agreed to>this:>Your account must adhere to the following: >>1.) Your user ID (Nickname) can be your choice, but you must>provide your REAL FULL First and Last Name. Any accounts that>do not have a real full first and last name provided will be>removed. Note: Your username cannot be changed once you>register, so please be careful when deciding on that. If you>want to change your username, you will need to contact the>forum admin to remove your account. >>Whoops-I see you didn't follow this-though you must have read>it!I didn't make the rules but I am supposed to enforce them.>Your "asinine" comment doesn't really work in your favor.>>>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Geofa:I think you are out of line here. Things like this can always be resolved person to person, and there is no need for such drastic actions. Sincerely,

>Geofa:>>I think you are out of line here. Things like this can always>be resolved person to person, and there is no need for such>drastic actions. >>Sincerely,>Internet Rule #1: Don't tell the administrator how to administrate. ;)Internet Rule #2: When the administrator does something you don't like, refer to Internet Rule #1 for quick and swift resolution. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest professor2

so just brown-nose at all costs? Doesn't leave much room for integrity or honor does it?

>so just brown-nose at all costs? Doesn't leave much room for>integrity or honor does it?Depends on what your definition of integrity is I suppose.To me, following the rules I agreed to is integrity.As for honor, this isn't a battlefield. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest tca9083

I usually don't come on the forums to much strictly because of the way this was handled. It's hard enough to be able to put what you want to say into words that most literate human beings can understand, nevermind to have a moderator act like you do. Sure, rules are meant to be enforced, but not in the manner that you vindictively do. Your arrogant attitude is only exceeded by your inablity to think reasonably.You might as well ban me from the forums as well...I just modified my profile to eliminate my last name.

I too have sat on the sidelines watching this whole thing go down. I do not own FSX, but I am often interested in what's going on with the community and developments within this sim. I watched the entire thread over at flightsim.com in reference to Phil's posts and Paxx's posts. I've much enjoyed my time at these forums since 2005, when I could barely lift the default 734 off the ground. Many people have either helped me or gained insight into particular problems or issues here is these very forums. But, Wow...Odaat and professor both banned? Nothing I saw in their responses warranted the boot in my opinion. So they didn't give their last names? They mentioned that they'd oblige and put them in. Heck, I don't even know if my information is correct here since the forum software seems a little archaic to me. As for the asinine comment. So he thought it was silly? You can kindly remind him to put his name in. Maybe you did and I just missed it, but has this turned into a zero-tolerance atmosphere? To me the whole thing looks and smells like "I don't like your response so I'll get you on a technicality"I honestly don't mind the "boo, hiss FSX" or "rah rah ACES" comments, what does bother me is the prevalent attitudes amoungst certain individuals here. I'm frustrated because I've seen some great posters run off in the last year. Some by their own accord and just plain shooting their mouth off. Some, well.... CPT Blake A. MelanconUS ArmyOlympia, WA

Blake

>>I'm with Geoff I don't think that was the primary reason, more>it was to communicate with the average user. If embracing the>developers was the primary goal, why does he only have one>post at fsdeveloper.com? Seems to me if that was the reason,>he would spend more time over there than here, and probably>get beat up a little less in the process!! Phil doesn't post at FSDev but several other ACES people do. Phil's a PM, he's probably trying to look at the broader picture, not just the devs.He would get beat up less over there, because there are fewer "kids" and more "adults" there. I think that is part of the problem at big sites like AVSIM, you get 16-year-olds bashing because they don't have the life experience to know what the right way to act is. I think that is 90% of the problem.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest wild_bill

>Per avsim rules-but with 6 posts you must have agreed to>this:>Your account must adhere to the following: >>1.) Your user ID (Nickname) can be your choice, but you must>provide your REAL FULL First and Last Name. Any accounts that>do not have a real full first and last name provided will be>removed. Note: Your username cannot be changed once you>register, so please be careful when deciding on that. If you>want to change your username, you will need to contact the>forum admin to remove your account. >>Whoops-I see you didn't follow this-though you must have read>it!I didn't make the rules but I am supposed to enforce them.>Your "asinine" comment doesn't really work in your favor.>>>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Odatt has an opinion different than yours which he presents respectfully and you find some WEAK technicality to ban him. Thats about as petty as it gets. A sure sign of a small petty man with a little responsibility he sees as power. No doubt the only "power" he has in life, Not man enough to take differing opinions."Respect my Authoritah" It's funny when cartman says it, you are just sad.

It wasn't his opinion-as you can see there are many contrary in this thread.I am however charged with enforcing the rules here.As far as small-yes I am short but I assure you I am not petty.Did you follow the rules and register with a full name when you just opened an account?http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest wild_bill

I think you owe odaat and apology for letting shallowness get the better of you. I deleted my last name in my profile. Ban away, I am done with avsim.